Tree of Savior Forum

How to balance the damage of Plague Doctor vs Kabbalist

Since the developers still seem to have trouble with balancing Kabbalist vs Plague Doctor and continue to increase the damage capabilities of Plague Doctor while leaving Kabbalist with impractical buffs, here comes my feedback to analyze both Classes’ damage skills and offer a solution how to even out the harsh imbalance between those two Classes for the sake of equality in the damage category.

First of all, let’s look at how both Classes damage skills are designed:

Plague Doctor has 2 damage skills,

Incineration

and Plague Vapors/Black Death Steam

Both skills act as debuffs that deal damage over time, and every single hit is affected by Blessing and additional damage sources(e.g. elemental attribute attack), which makes both skills ridicuously strong over time.
There are two downsides,however, which are

1. mobs can resist the debuffs (in the case of Incineration they will resist 100% if the target has no other debuff applied)
  2. the initial AoE is pretty small (which is solved by Pandemic with the PD C2/C3 attributes)

Now let’s look at the possible damage:

Incineration deals 1 hit of {98 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 5.4}% damage every 0,4 seconds over 10 seconds with 16 seconds CD time. At Plague Doctor C3 there is a new attribute which allows you to increase the tick frequency by 25% to 0,3 seconds per tick (i.e. a 25% damage increase).

This means the lowest possible raw damage at level 1[i.e. without the damage increase attribute] is 98%x(10/0,4)= 2450%, while the highest possible damage at level 16 is 179%x(10/0,3)=5907%.

This excludes the possibility of boosting its damage with Agni Necklace (+50% skill factor per tick) or the bonus damage when cast on Black Death Steam/Plague Vapors (20% bonus damage per tick) or boosting its skill duration by stacking debuffs (every debuff on the target increases the duration of Incineration by 0,5 seconds) or by using Pardoners Discern Evil, as these things are optional.

Next let’s look at Black Death Steams damage.

Black Death Steam/Plague Vapors deals 1 hit of {111 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 7.8}% damage every 0,5 seconds over 15 seconds, has 2 overheat charges and 38 seconds CD time.
At Plague Doctor C3 there is a new attribute which allows you to increase the tick frequency by 20% to 0,4 seconds per tick (i.e. a 20% damage increase).

This means the lowest possible raw damage at level 1[i.e. without the damage increase attribute] is
111%x(15/0,5)=3330% per overheat charge, while the highest possible damage at level 11 is 189%x(15/0,4)=6993% per overheat charge.

After looking at Plague Doctor, let’s look now at Kabbalist.

Kabbalist features only 1 damage skill, which is called Merkabah

and maxed at level 5.

Merkabah is a skill with interruptible casttime that summons several chariots[number = skilllevel] onto the map, which quickly move to a target location to explode and deal damage. Every chariot also features an aura which deals 100% damage on contact [the damage is only dealt once unless the monster leaves and reenters the AoE].
The skill duration is ~ 4 seconds, but at Kabbalist Circle 2 there is a new attribute,

Merkabah: Reduced Movement Speed, which prolongs the traveling time to around 20-22 seconds; the CD time of the skill is 35 seconds.

Now let’s look at the possible damage:

Merkabah deals {skilllevel x [275 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 15.1] + 100x skilllevel}% damage.
This means the lowest possible raw damage at level 1[i.e. without the damage increase attribute] is 275x1+100x1=375%, while the highest possible damage at level 6 is 350x6+100x6=2700%.

To balance both Classes out, let’s first take a look at how the damage is dealt:

Plague Doctors skills deal its damage over time with a skill duration of 10-15 seconds.
Both damage skills are AoE based debuff skills which can be spread with the help of attributes and Pandemic, giving them a huge AoE capability.

Kabbalists Merkabah is a skill with initial burst potential (but quite weak as its damage is applied too fast and thus bugs often,dealing less damage than it should deal), but the Circle 2 decreased movement speed attribute and the holy property additional damage attribute “Divine Protection” turn it into something similar to how Plague Doctors skills work, a damage over time skill with additional damage boost. Its AoE capability is limited as it seems to be affected by your AoE attack ratio, giving the explosions a usual 3-10 monsters threshold affected by it(most commonly are 7 medium sized monsters,similar to Astral Body Exlosion e.g.).

Thus, it’s the easiest option to improve the Kabbalist damage by making it more similar to how Plague Doctors Plague Vapors/Black Death Steam works, i.e. improving both its initial damage potential and its damage over time potential.

To make both skills stand on equal footing, it would be best to increase Merkabahs skill level to 10[and maybe move it to Circle 2 as Circle 1 Merkabah is basically useless], to give it a solid base and the Kabbalist an actual option to use his left-over skillpoints at Circle 3.

The new Merkabah’s highest possible damage with these changes would be the following:
426x11+100x11= 5786%.
The new Merkabah should feature a second row of chariots from the 7th chariot onwards, as the maximum number of possible chariots with the use of Divine Might and a monster gem would be 12, thus making the skill more convenient to program.
Also, by doing this, the possible conflict of having a 100%+ uptime Divine Protection buff and bugs resulting from the map and the chariots position can be avoided.

To add to this, introduce a new attribute for Kabbalist Circle 3 which makes the Aura effect of the chariots hit the enemies beside it every 0,5 seconds while they are inside the AoE of the Aura.

It follows the Decreased Movement Speed attribute nicely and make the skill a more consistent source of damage, similarly to how Black Death Steam/Plague Vapors works{I’ve already made a suggestion about a DoT-attribute}.

This would result in a flat damage boost (as the additional damage is not affected by the Merkabah: Enhance attribute) which boosts the damage of the skill by 4000-4500% if the Merkabah: Reduced Movement Speed attribute is active.

The final damage would be something like ~9200%% over 22 seconds every 35 seconds, which is similar to the output of Black Death Steam (2x 6993% = ~14000% every 38 seconds).
If we talk about raw damage, Merkabah might have a little advantage since you can’t poison a mob twice with Black Death Steam;
however, if we consider the fact that only ~ half of Merkabahs damage is actually affected by its enhancement attribute, if we add the enhancement attribute, both skills come pretty close to each other { 4686*1,5= 7029% for Merkabah, 10489% for Black Death Steam(per overheat), which results in ~ 11500% for Merkabah[(7029%+4500%)/35 = ~328% DPS] and ~ 21000% for Black Death Steam[(10489%x2)/53= ~395% DPS (if we consider waiting 15 seconds after using Black Death Steam and use the second overheat after the first debuff ran out, i.e. 2 overheats per 53 seconds)]} with Black Death Steam still being a little stronger[+ having 30% bonus damage from Velnia Monkey cards which isn’t calculated in either].

That way both Classes would deal ~ comparable damage while Plague Doctor still deals more damage due to the fact that Plague Doctor has 2 damage skills while Kabbalist only has one.
It would solve the problem which most Kabbalist builds face,though :
i.e. the complete lack of damage suitable for Ranks 7-9 on the higher-Ranked Class Kabbalist, and allow it to participate actively in challenge mode and ET.

Short abstract for those who got lost inbetween:

To improve Kabbalists viability at Rank 7 in comparison with Plague Doctor, Merkabah needs a damage boost similar to the way Plague Doctor got his damage.

This is achieved in 2 steps:

1. increase the maximum skilllevel of Merkabah to 10
  2. add a Kabbalist C3 attribute which adds more DoT to Merkabah, similar to the enhancement attributes of Plague Doctor C3 to Incineration and Black Death Steam;
    this attribute deals continuous damage[100% matk] every 0,5 seconds to the monsters standing inside the Aura of Merkabah (instead of the current 100% once on entering the Aura)

The result is that Merkabah deals similar damage to one overheat of Black Death Steam, thus being a viable source of damage for Rank 8-9 content.

1 Like

Since Kabbalist is a Math based class, it will be good to base the buffs along with how the class works, by combining its skills together to achieve more effects. Everything should stem from the 2 calculation skills, Notarikon and Gematria.

I propose the following 2 attributes to be added, instead of making Merkabah into a C2 skill which effectively makes C1 totally missing an attack skill.

New Circle 2 Attribute - “Calculated Crash” - Max lv4.

Every time a merkabah wheel crashes, it deals an additional hit with damage based on (attribute level x 5% damage x calculated number) to each monster it hits, where the number is the number calculated from Notarikon or Gematria. It also removes the numbers after hitting.

So if a merkabah wheel crashes into a monster with calculated number of 9, it will deal an extra 9x 20% damage of Merkabah. If the calulated number is 2 it will deal 2x 20% damage.

Reason for suggesting this attribute:
This adheres to the combining skill nature of Kabbalist, everything stems from getting the calculation done first via Notarikon and/or Gematria. It makes the 2 math skills more useful and gives more options for kabbalists, whether they should use the number for Gevurah, Double chance or Crash with Merkabah.

It also allows kabbalists to pull off more damage when they really need it. They can calculate, sit on the wheel, crash, then calculate, sit on the 2nd wheel and crash again to deal the maximum damage.

New Circle 3 Attribute - “Enhanced reduce level” - Max lv1.

Instead of reducing level of monster, reduce level reduces the pdef/mdef of the monster by Calculated number x 2%, duration of reduce level is set fixed at 10secs.

Reason for suggesting this attribute:
This gives the totally useless reduce level some new life and makes it a worthwhile skill to use alongside with the other 3 skills (Merkabah, Double Chance and Gevurah). Each of the skill has its role, which for this is used to make you and your party members hit harder.

Other changes which I suggest is to increase double chance’s hit area, even half of Gevurah’s range will be really great.

3 Likes

Sorry to say this but your suggestion is wrong in this thread. If I understood you right, you want to add the possibility of up to 180% extra damage per chariot. If I calculate everything right, this would result in just 0% - 180% extra damage[so total possible damage per chariot would be 280% of the initial value]. With this little damage increement, how exactly do you expect to be on the same level as Plague Doctor damagewise?
Plague Doctor deals up to 10489% per overheat of Plague Vapors alone.

Your suggestion brings Merkabah with much luck [because not every monster features a 9 for Gematria and/or Notarikon] and engagement to 3750% (with number 0,full enhance attribute) - 9420% (with number 9, full enhance attribute), which is, generally speaking, on average still too weak for this much engagement while Plague Doctor can just use Pandemic + Black Death Steam and do something else while the enemies life gets less and less over time.

You also forgot the problem that Merkabah has a low AoE capability on its explosions, which would make it pretty bad if the additional damage would stem from here (also combined with the issue that targets get chosen randomly, decreasing the chance to kill a monster with increasing mob size), and it would disagree with 2 points in the skill factor balance chart:

Increases with level
and
Increases with skill duration

This means that my suggestion, which abides to both points (as the increased damage stems from both increased skilllevel and from damage over time attribute), is more conform with the skill balance regulations of the developers.
It also makes both skills [Merkabah and Black Death Steam] more comparable, which is a huge help to equalize both of them without having to change/rebalance the initial skill values.

About Merkabahs shift to Circle 2:
I don’t really care if it stays at Circle 1 or not, but it should have its max attainable skilllevel changed to 10 so that you can actively increase the skills damage potential and have a fair damage increase instead of just relying on attributes for more damage[as most damage of Merkabah comes with the additional number of chariots summed, not by the increased skilllevel damage bonus of 15,1%].
Kabbalist has too many left-over skillpoints if he goes to Circle 3 which have little to no influence on the performance, and as Merkabah is the signature skill and the only way to have damage, increasing its maximum level to 10 would be a great way to improve the overall situation.

About Reduce Level:
While I honestly wish to have anything good coming from this skill, I think it has outlived its useful time and should recieve the Paladin : Conversion-treatment and cease to exist as a skill.

Instead, the Reduce Level skill should become a Class attribute which increases the damage taken by the monster through the attacks of the Kabbalist or decrease the damage recieved by the Kabbalist from said monster by 1+number% (e.g. a monster with a number debuff of 2 would recieve 3% additional damage by the Kabbalist if the 2 is generated through Gematria, or deal 3% less damage to the Kabbalist if the 2 is generated through Notarikon).

Reduce Level as a skill should be compensated with a summon golem skill (15 skilllevels), which could be an 1:1 copy of Sorcerers Summoning skill (i.e. you get a card stash where you put in a mutant monster type card which will then be summoned as a minion to help you in battle) to save budget/time or involve new techniques, e.g. utilize the Ultimate Monster Tamer event ideas where you capture a certain golem type monster and strengthen it through feeding golem fragments/cores to it at the Kabbalist Master (this would be a very interesting and entertaining skill to have, e.g. the amount of golems you can have increases by 1 every 3 skilllevels).

Actively raising your minions is a lot better than just feeding cards to another card and then just benefit from the initial monsters stats combined with your SPR;
it also makes normal monsters available as minions instead of the current boss monster focus of Necromancers Shoggoth/Sorcerers Summoning.

1 Like

merkabah need 2-3 overheat
or more dmg skill

Just by reading some Wikipedia definitions about Kabbalist stuff, you see there’s a big problem.

When I read Ein Sof description, it feels more like it must extend reality, and not life or spirit. Ein Soft should do something else, even if it’s not the worst skill of this class.

Gematria :

“As early as the 1st century BCE Jews believed that the Torah and other canonical texts contained encoded messages and hidden meanings. Gematria is one method for discovering its hidden meanings. Each letter in Hebrew also represents a number; Hebrew, unlike many other languages, never developed a separate numerical alphabet. By converting letters to numbers, Kabbalists were able to find a hidden meaning in each word. This method of interpretation was used extensively by various schools.”

So Gematria should be a standalone skill, and Notarikon could be used to change the effect provided by Gematria.

It is said that “The base structure of the chariot is composed of four beings. These beings are called the “living creatures””, so Gematria, Notarikon could be a combo with Merkabah.

Just by searching on Google I can already see the potential of a Kabbalist class in a game, while IMC is unable to understand how it could work… It’s like they googled Kabbalist on internet and just copied words/images to put it into the game without any knowledge.

While it’s interesting to base a class off real history, it doesn’t need to be 100% faithful to what it was in reality or myths.

My Murmillo uses his shield on the same arm as the manica, which is historically incorrect, but who cares.

@ReportofAusterity While I agree with you Kabbalist 2/3 feels quite underwhelming when compared to PD, I feel like giving Kabba more damage attributes / effects does not quite solve the problem. Similar rank dps focused classes will always compete between eachother.

Kabbalist is the only class in the game that can directly heal party members SP. Why not give him some better utility focused around that? Having a class that actually does something unique is much more interesting than a bunch of classes that consist of dealing dps where they only differ in their skills graphical effects.

Give Kabba 3 an attribute to make Ein Sof apply to whole party as a buff (and not a tile on floor), and make Gevurah / Double Chance hits apply separately for each party member (i.e. each party member gets their own 1 hit for double chance).

And of course, fix the bug in Merkabah that makes the buff go away when another wheel comes in contact with you.

2 Likes

@ReportofAusterity Unlike PD’s plague vapors and incinerate, Merkabah comes with numerous other properties. With that we just can’t balance them based off damage alone.

The divine protection attribute grants party members within Merkabah’s buff area a 2nd row buff which gives a 10% bonus damage as an additional holy damage line for every single hit they do (minus additional auto attack lines and probably fake multihits, the new daino triggers that line too). This additional line gets further buffed with Blessing. It also gives a mdef boost to allies within the wheel aura zone too.

Like I said, Kabbalist is a Math based class, what shines and makes it unique is the ability for the class’s skills to augment other skills to deal more damage. Merkabah on paper doesn’t do as much as PD, but we have to account for the extra properties it comes with. The extra 10% + (bonus damage) additional line provides a whole lot more total party damage when used in a burst style than what PD’s vapor/incinerate can do in a party setting.

What merkabah produces in additional hits in a combo of skills (That said I hope they don’t nerf this since it is a mix of 3 classes skills to get this :3 )

Hence the suggestion I proposed considering the additional properties in which Merkabah comes with. Kabbalist does need some help with more damage within its circle, but we don’t need to match it against Plague Doctor.

Edit:
I do agree that Merkabah can use more ranks, which maximises at circle2. We can have them increasing the number of chariots by adding them in rows, having 2 rows of 5 chariots will make up for the damage. It also increases the range and reach of the buffs Merkabah is able to cover.

Yes, this will help a lot. I hate it when the buff keeps flashing on and off whenever I’m in the merkabah wheel aura zone.

Then let Hackapell use skills while not riding. But no, lore lore and lore.

Anyway, it was just to say : just by following the definition of a Kabbalist, you can create an interesting class. Here they just failed because they didn’t bother to read what is a Kabbalist.

2 Likes

which only works well with multihit skills. Many Classes don’t have that many hits,though, mostly Clerics and maybe some autoattack-focused Corsair/SR/Quarrel Shooter.
It also was nerfed because Sacrament doesn’t add damage to skills anymore and Blessing is now weaker compared to pre-Rank 9.

So,to maximize the effects of this skill, you have to build/set up a specific party. However, you also need strong single-hit skills to benefit from Gebura and Double Chance. This is quite challenging if you ask me to come up with such a setup.

And it doesn’t solve the initial problem of Kabbalist featuring not enough damage to partake in Rank 9 content solo while every other Cleric Rank 7/Rank 8 Class can. You have to rely 100% on Bokor/Sadhu for damage, which is pathetic. Sure, you can multiply your damage once every x seconds, but without the right build that boost is worth absolutely nothing(as the 100% aura damage of the chariots will trigger your Gebura & Double Chance counts and thus will be multiplied instead,gg).

If Bokor C1 can outdamage Kabbalists Merkabah in 3 seconds with Effigy, why even bother casting it[which is hard enough, considering the casting time being interruptible]?
The skill starts off as a pure damage skill without any buff attributes at Circle 1 after all, just to be outclasses by a Rank 3 skill by miles…

Sadly the game is just about damage. the additional magic evasion chance and mdefence boost do ± nothing in this game, as there is the issue of both effects diminishing the results of each other:

• if the character has no or low magic defence, the magic negation effect will have the largest effect on the character, while the magic defence boost will have basically no effect (10% of a low magic defence value is an even lower bonus value)
  • if the character has a high magic defence value, the magic defence boost will be more beneficial, as it prevents more damage than the magic negation effect
  • the magic defence boosting has a downside: as the defence boost is only low (10%),
    it only helps once you’ve already amassed a high amount of magic defence via equip;
    however, since the attack/defence damage calculation formula gives less and less reduction the more defence you have against the same amount of attack, the damage reduction amount of a low increase like 10% will also be really low

It would be really great if Kabbalist did something useful once in a while without having to run with guild members & in voice chat to time Gebura&Double Chance useage, but chances of this happening are too slim.
By equalizing damage of both Classes, Kabbalist can at least stand its ground in the game, even without having a real role, and people would be less aversed from going to ET/new raid dungeon/challenge mode/farming with a Kabbalist in the team (who is not a whale with full trans solmiki gear&weapon just to be viable).

May I add my 2 cents?
I understand what you guys say, but I think Kaba should get more bonuses to utility rather than damage and Merkabah is has a quite good mechanic but it isn’t well executed so, I think an atribute for it would be better like an atribute to extend the divine protection for kaba 3 like after get the buff, it will last for x seconds after leaving the area. It would boost both kaba damage and allies damage since they would have a buff that last a few seconds, add an extra line of dmg to everything and help them with block(Though I’m not sure if the block part is still bugged).
Double chance also needs a buff, or rather, become a buff. Buffing allies next damage would be far better than buffing an enemy’s next damage taken and it could use the last math skill used as base for its damage or even the characters own name.
Damage is always good for this game, but I think kaba should add damage to the party instead of getting more damage for themselves.

That’s bad,though. Kabbalist already offers enough damage boosts for a party, the sole reason why Kabbalist is still unpopular is because its damage is so low.
Kabbalist has 1 damage skill and it’s weaker than Rank 2 skills, you can’t mean that it’s fine.

I’ve listed their reasoning and the whole purpose of opening this thread is to make Kabbalist as good as Plague Doctor.
To achieve this, Merkaba needs to deal damage.
That’s the whole point of rebalancing. Or have you ever seen a damage skill becoming weaker through IMCs rebalancing for the sake of utility?

Rebalancing = more damage = more viability for IMCs DPS race contents like Challenge Mode or ET where you only have a fixed amount of time to beat it.

Also, gg for the party members with utility boosts, because they don’t have low damage to begin with. They don’t need a boost. Kabbalist needs a boost. It needs to be able to solo things as good as Taoist,Inquisitor,Zealot and Plague Doctor, because it’s a Rank 7-9 Class.

People should be able to main Kabbalist the same way they main Plague Doctor,Taoist,Inquisitor or Zealot. For that it needs damage first. IMC promised it with their developers blog statements which still show that they intended to make Classes occupying the same Ranks equal and give higher ranked skills more damage, yet Kabbalist fails miserably when compared to Plague Doctor or now nearly every other Cleric Class.
Cleric is stronger, Krivis is stronger, Priest is stronger, Bokor is stronger, Dievdirbys is potentially stronger[SPR scaling of Owl statues+ Clap to keep them up], Sadhu is stronger, Paladin is stronger,Miko is stronger, Monk is stronger, Druid is stronger, Plague Doctor is way stronger, Inquisitor/Taoist/Zealot play in a completely other league.

Also, please stop using bonuses,that’s wrong, the plural is boni.
I know that many people didn’t have Latin in school/university, but it pains me to see the plural of the word bonus being messed up ± every time :frowning:

First, sorry about the bonus plural. I’m Brazilian and always used bonuses so I thought it was correct.

Well, you aren’t wrong I just think Kaba has more potential if they gain more utility, I understand and agree that the class needs to be stronger but I thought adding more boost to ita utility would be better. One big problen I have with merkabah is setting it to boost my allies. My guildmates were surprised when I showed them merkabah’s atribute. The most annoying thing about it is how it is set. I thought a 5 seconds at max after getting the initial buff and being able to reset it by walking near merkabah would be a good atribute to add to rank 3 and it would sound as an improvement in my opnion.
Rank 1 we get merkabah, rank 2 we get its utility and at rank 3 we would buff its utility. Also, changes to double chance are necessary and a way to combo it with gevura(Not sure about the name yet. It’s the rank 3 skill) would be good to the class. Maybe add an atribute to notorikon and gematria to increase damage dealt based in the numbers once trigerred. Would that be interesting too?
Maybe everything together would be better? 12 merkabah wheels with an extended divine protection does sound good for me.

I haven’t played kabbalist at all due lack of interest after seeing the skills however i’d like to point some possibilities with it.

1 - Make use of low numbers as well

They gave kabbalist 2 ways to calculate numbers but if you really get the worst of luck you can pull 1 twice, and as far as i know low numbers are terrible. One way to work around it is by changing Double Chance from a debuff to a buff that affects enemies based on their calculated number (return 0 if not calculated), something alike Toy Hammer that requires you to get to a hit count to apply the effect.

A - The N hit of a skill will deal bonus damage, if a skill can’t reach N by itself the effect won’t be triggered (works with fake multihit, probably the only way to give it a reason to exist)
B - The N basic attack will deal bonus damage.
C - After hitting for N times the next skill deals bonus damage.
Note: Bonus damage may be double damage or a value based on skill lvl (for balance purposes).

Add another skill that also operates in that way and you can have at least a class that is more fun to play.

2 - Make use of more game mechanics

They just added an attribute an attribute to enable single target ranged attack to kabbalists but doing so they missed a chance to make a interesting combo, since AoE Defense is changing why not adding a new way to deal damage to more enemies worth a R9C3 class?

The concept is easy, a number skill that bounces the damage dealt to N enemies nearby (like pistols), it can work as Joint Penalty without hit count and link limitations.

Ex - Hits 3 mobs with N4, bounces 12 times.

That can be very powerful along with Joint Penalty and/or Circling, but due the nature of the skill it would be an overkill (or crash the game), the few scenarios it could be that overpowered are already limited to the game design.

3 - Creative use of Math

By adding other Math functions as class skills it’s possible to give Kabbalist tools that enable more control over the class, if we take the Power function as example players can reach higher and lower numbers based on what they have.

1 → 1
2 → 4
3 → 9
4 → 7 (16)
5 → 7 (25)
6 → 9 (36)
7 → 4 (49 → 13)
8 → 1 (64 → 10)
9 → 9 (81)

It’s also possible to give square root as counterpart to decrease numbers (even if only aplied to 4 and 9, as attribute) and give extra control.

Again i can’t say anything about the current Kabbalist aside that Clone and Reduce Level seems to be useless at all.

Buffing the damage of merkabah and add an overheat per circle could be a nice start, maybe give a attribute in C3 to set the chariots in fire (xD) dealing continous damage when the targets come in contact like creeping death charm from taoist.

Gematria and notarikon could give a random debuff lvl1 to mobs or other significant effect. And double chance could be buff applied to every party members next skill.

Yep, since we know that in order to maximise the damage output of merkabah, we have to use classes that match the “has numerous hits” criteria. Having lost sacrament as a elemental damage booster and weaker blessing doesn’t diminish the power of it though.

Do try merkabah out more with other classes apart from the traditional Sadhu / Bokor path. You will be surprised on what it can do with the +10% holy damage as additional hit. If Merkabah is used correctly, I don’t really think Bokor C1 can outdamage Merkabah at all.

The way IMC build the game is each character is a mix of different classes, where 1 class is weak in damage, the other classes in the build will make up for it. Kabbalist is relatively weak compared to PD is not because Kabbalist is really that weak, it is mostly due to PD itself being a class that has almost everything on its own (It is so OP that it receives a number of balance patches to tone it down).

Kabbalist is a useful class, even when using it solo. Merkabah do need some buffs to even out the damage, but imo the buffs should adhere to the way the class works, with everything starting from Gematria or Notarikon.

Double chance needs Gevurah’s hit area badly. Once it has that hit area, it becomes a much more useful skill.

Can’t emphasise it more, do try Merkabah out in a build which is built specifically for it. The results will make you see it in a new light.

Edit: Hopefully this is intended by IMC… and not deemed as a bug.

this show how Krivis3 is op?

It can’t be OP without Inquisitor C1 and also doubling with Kabbalist to an extent? (unlike some poison cleric class which is 1 class do it all?)

Kabbalist isn’t made to be a very offensive class, TBH I think they should have been a blue class.

That said it is a fairly under powered class. Ein Sof, the main selling point of the class does not have 100% uptime during C1 and increases max hp but does not increase current HP, at level 15 it may have 100% uptime, but if you try to cast it before it’s duration is over, you lose current hp. Which means you can’t consistently hold that big hp.

That combined with how late Kabbalist comes in, it ends up being a very bad class, if Kabbalist was C2 or C3, it’d be comparable to Peltasta and would actually be somewhat worthwhile, but instead it’s rank 7, which means if you want to benefit from it you can’t be PD, Druid C2, Inquisitor, Taoist, or Zealot. All of your damage must come from Dievdirbys, Bokor, Krivis, Paladin or Monk (C2 at best). This means Kabbalist cannot stand on it’s own as a class, it must be treated as a support, mixed in with other buffing classes like Priest, Chaplain, Oracle, maybe Miko, and such but even then PD has Heal Factor so it kind of outshines Kabbalist since Heal Factor doesn’t cause you to drop in HP when you recast it.