Tree of Savior Forum

How the hell am I supposed to decide where to put my stats?(Barb Dopple)

Thanks for the response, I’m about level 130 at this point, been going 2:1 Dex:Str while leveling so guess i’ll stick with it until a stat reset potion is released (hopefully) and switch to a more Str oriented build. Might make another Fencer at one point since there are other paths i do want to try taking with them so your advice will help with those at least.

If you plan to go barb3-dop2 (that is the best barb build according to me atm) you have to be Dps/tank…considering dead of valor you have to gettkng hit for stack the buff…soo you need to not evade and die with few hits…soo the best way is to have hogh str and some cos for be a tanki too…the best build is
Sw-peltc1-barc3-dopplec2
And the best stats are
3:1 (STR:CON)
This is the best and only build if you would have nice damage and be a tank…and if you considering dead of valor this is the best idea :smiley:

Deus Ex Machina. :smile:

Thank you for your advices!

I am a STR based swordsman since ever and I have read all your spreadsheets.

I am happy to see you there because, with somes guys giving wrong info on thoses forums…
Here for example:

… I missunderstood your last spreedsheet and was thinking about using reset stat potion to go for a DEX build… HOPEFULLY I DIDN’T! :wink:

Thankfully, my last spreadsheet still follows my second one’s findings, so you will be fine as STR.

I personally don’t really care too much about people spreading misinformation, it isn’t my job to correct people, nor do I come on the forums often too. But, its all fine and dandy…

My friend varuna is definitely a lot more passionate about This game than I am, and he definitely is correct about what he says. I would actually listen to him since he knows more about swordsman than I do.

But, yes. You were correct to stay str build.

Reilet you forget about enchanted atribute in u match ,to put ciclone 50% just need 2.4m and i think is possible to go 4k+ dmg in cyclone+DoV. Is easy stack dov u just need lapasade mushroom.

Attribute is detrimental for calculating STR:DEX value, and it should never be considered when doing math for STR vs DEX.

There are two reasons:

-It comes at the end of calculations which means both str builds and dex builds benefit from equally, and if both benefit from it the exact same way, that means nothing changed.
-If you want to account for it then the damage you need to hit for DEX to start showing improvements is multiplied by attribute %.

So no, cyclone does not need 2.5k with attribute. It needs 3500*1.5 (5.25k) per hit before critting.

Your argument about DoV cannot be more wrong. DoV gives you more attack based on your total attack stat.

This means going STR will give more attack for DoV to calculate. Also, DoV raises the number you need to hit for DEX to be better. It becomes something like 5k.

With attribute that would mean you need to hit 7.5k before critting.

Adding in any flat damage buffs doesn’t change the number either. It only makes it easier to reach (but you still won’t reach it because a DEX build has less total attack than a STR one.)

Ahh that’s why.

Was under the impression attributes were applied before, not after.

So yea, strength does out-damage dex.

But even then, I’m not seeing a massive difference. This game is about using abilities to kill mobs. Not total damage done.

If I do 6k with a seism and you do 7.5k but the mob only has 5800 hp, then our kill times are exactly the same.

Right now, at 210, I have no problems killing mobs.

Weak mobs die in a seism. Normal mobs die in a stun->cleave combo. Elites die a cyclone + seism + cleave. Swapping to strength doesn’t break any barriers. And with how the overheat system works, you want to spam skills so they go on CD. Or time them so you can kill a round of mobs with each set of overheat. With a linker I kill everything in one cyclone.

Have no issue doing that with dex. So while strength does more damage, our kill times are the same.

Bosses are different, but now you’re crossing into being a DPS swordsmen, which just can’t compete with archers/mages. Especially without a +50% slashing debuff.

Melee in most games out damage range, but have to reposition. So depending on the fight they’ll do less/even/more.

In this game, melee do less damage than range, while having to reposition, so the gap widens. Plus lots of range classes have fire and forget skills.

Always viewed Dopple as a tank/damage hybrid. You bring 75% of the damage a mage/archer does, while still being able to tank and group mobs for AoE. Going strength really hurts that as you’re going to be taking a lot of damage. Even more once DoV is at 10 charges and you don’t have an extra 25% mitigation.

Even with dex, I have no problem stacking DoV quickly. And there are always lapasape mushrooms.

Not to mention the ability to easily PvP with all the Dex

I dont know about barba but for highlander
Str really is better you have attack skill that havs 60% cri chance not rate (moulinet)

And the benefit of going str is that when you cri you cri hard and its consistant

Going str is more for dps while cri is more of a tank cause of the extra evade but a lot of late game mob hit hard with magic which you cant evade

That’s really why it comes down to preference. The game is too early for anything truly definitive. ATM, STR is better.

Deus Ex Machina. :smile:

Thank you for your advices!

I am a STR based swordsman since ever and I have read all your spreadsheets.

I am happy to see you there because, with somes guys giving wrong info on thoses forums…
Here for example:

How is this bad advice? It’s telling you to go strength as a doppel c2 swordsman. Obviously you haven’t read through my entire post or you would know doing DEX is horrible for ANY swordsman.

My post straight up SAYS to go 3:1 str:con. Also, please be advised that DoV scales heavily with a str build. Please do not go noob build (like others are saying to try and justify their fucked up paths) and go Dex.

And what about PVP Dop build? how many DEX do you think i should invest in? Will a 0 Dex DOP build be viable in PVP?

Obviously it’s you who can’t read bro…

I was talking about the posts from guys such as xechidna and daays (who advices to go for dex/crit stats), not about your build…

I said nothing about your post.

Unfortunately its crit rate, tried a full str highlander, maxed out the attribute and never crit =(

Obviously it’s you who can’t read bro…

I was talking about the posts from guys such as xechidna and daays (who advices to go for dex/crit stats), not about your build…

I said nothing about your post.

Read your post again. You said “[wrong info] here for example”: and then listed my build. If you got a problem with my build please talk about it instead of bashing it. I went into detail in my guide but if you don’t understand it that’s fine. At least you know str > dex and that was the point.

Its common sense that warriors in every game have STR and DEX… why the hell are you putting 100 points into CON?

It is currently bug tho suppose to be work like double slash from sword c3(which have 35% cri chance)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

tank? hes a DPS spec. 100 points in CON is a complete waste

and so is 0 CON + max petamion + full plate armor set + aspersion buffs

What a screw up

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeah I noticed double slash it working like advertised. Let’s hope it’s not double slash that is bugged and that they fix it!