Tree of Savior Forum

HOW need hold boss if u havent tank! PLS READ

I hate dumbs, but in 2/3 missions i have dumbs like peltasta, which running for circle, or some barb who said “i can tank” and do some ■■■■ and roll boss face to party. If u dont know, why turn face boss to prty position try to use your brain.

1. If u have peltasta, just cuff on the him nape, and tell him that he need do only 3 simple things: 1-Turn boss with his back to party. 2-Stay in guarde stance (idk, mb C key). If pelt have ~50% hp or less - running AWAY from party - and w8 when clerics heal cd.

2. If u havent peltasta u can:

• cry like a baby, and leave from mission.
  • cry like a baby, die few times, waste 20-30 mins
  • OR USE your BRAIN!!!

How use our brain? Idk - just try it. Or try read and do following things:

BIG RED CIRCLE - BOSS
green circles - positions of tank “alternate”
yellow field - position of other party

Tank “alternate” - this is player who at this moment take boss aggro.
U take aggro if: u first player who run in room with boss, or

• U do too many dmg
  • Previous tank died

If u Tank “alternate” u need to do 4 simple things:

• Change your position between two green dots when boss attack animation start.
  • Cast smart skills if u have good ping and time between change position
  • DONT TURN boss with him face to party.
  • try to stop boss movement - stay him in 1 place

If u healer - cast heal near blue fields, to simpler work of tank “alternate”
If u dd - stay somewhere in yellow field, watch out of the boss, run if he cast aoe.
If u BOSS - Stay, and w8 when we kill u.

P.S. I’ll be glad, if someone can translate this in understandable English.
And pls, Spread this to your friends.

UPD1 Siaulai mission: it will be nice, if in 3d stage, when u fight again 2 bosses at the same time, one of your party (easier to casters) go take aggro of tree and play with tree, while other party kill bear. BUT IMPORTANT - to turn tree BACK of the other partry.

Cause 1) When tank have 2 bosses in same time - it harder to see which animations now, and u have x2 more aoe. IMO better, easier and faster - when u dont fall every 10 seconds cause 2 bosees can cast aoe 3 or 4 times in a row.
2) I saw, how tank have aggro and stay among the tree and bear, and when i go behind tree and do dps, team say me “wtf, kill the bear”. But u know trees clap… - and it’s reason, why i dont think that my party is smart.

8 Likes

that was pretty funny to read
but does anyone really have problems with that mission?

3 Likes

Tips for siaulai mission for whoever having problem with 3 bosses, just lure only the mole the previous room and kill it, after that lure only poata and repeat the same thing and then finally only kill the tree whom is alone :slight_smile: It would be easier that way and doesn’t really need a healer if u can properly lure the bosses

Here is my report on dummies in dungeons as a tank player:

1. Attack his back.
    You may have some dignity to fight with your enemies face2face. But I really hope you can change your mind after several 1shots(I’m talking with you swordies).
  2. Don’t stand near me. I mean it.
  3. Clerics, trying to kill urself to help me and place Safety Wall and running away almost dying is not necessary…
    …especially when I tank 2 bosses at Siaulai mission…
    …avoiding 90%+ of their attacks and being damaged for 1-100 damage.
  4. Archers ZZ everything they see, looks like a habit.
  5. My damage is low, give me some time to build aggro.
  6. Know what boss does. Most likely he has AoE and you should run away. Especially if you don’t have defense to survive. First of all I suggest this to archers.

Siaulai mission: you can tank 1 boss at the end. Pull carefully Mole and pull the other before mole is dead.
All bosses in Siaulai mission do physical damage.

2 Likes

this all not about only sialuai, this about many bosses.

lol, true though.

on topic:

for the phase 3 I can tank both poata and mole at the same time even without cleric as long as i’m not underleveled.

a tip here is TO WAIT for me(or tanks) to stack them both together, we got pain barrier to do this properly but some dps are just dragging them a bit away so things like zaibas/flameground/firepillar hits only 1 boss, it’s a waste. If the tank is underleveled do it one by one though

Duh, I can tank even 3 bosses at the same time most likely.
Why I don’t do it is because my party dies from mole’s aoe only.

1 Like

Same
---------------]---------------[------------]---------------------

I know English isn’t your first language and you clearly spent a good amount of time on this so I will take this seriously despite your hilarious broken English (not an insult). I don’t know if you will understand this but I’ll tell you this. I have 130+ tank, DPS, and healer. I’m not bragging, I just want to give point of view from all aspects.

First off holding a boss still as ANY class is next to impossible. Any DPS will take aggro regardless of taunt or provoke from attribute will help. It might work up until your strongest DPS does dmg then boom your DPS has aggro. This sucks because no cc works on boss which IMO is stupid because it takes most of the skill and timing which I think makes bosses fun. Most bosses also have a attack rotation where they charge towards whoever they are aggro onto so keeping a boss still is not a likely outcome. Just need to adapt and pray your ping is low enough to dodge boss rng aoe or have a cleric c2.

ZZ is only a thing because we’re forced to making builds that focus on DEX early game and not dealing damage. My STR build does more damage: can’t spam spells. DEX build can spam skills: do no damage (yet). we’re there to fill gaps, not do your work for you when you can’t tank…

I can spam my other skills, do minimal damage, and sit at the campfire if you’d like?

sry for bad english =)
if your ping not so bad, u can hold boss on 1 position if use above tactic. It’s easier for u and your party than if u running, cause certanly skills cast on field, and swordsmans can just stay on one place and do damage. Ofcourse sometimes u fall cause of bad ping, unexpected aoe and etc. But another party have more simple time, when they can do damage and dont take damage through boss.
I write it cause see many times, how all party including (Man who has aggro) just running around a boss and in one unlucky moment Boss occasionally kill some squishes with his attack. And this is reason why i think to prefer split party. (And if u split, boss can kill only 1 person from party, not 2-4, and dont accidentally kill cleric, which can heal another party)

Sry for bad english second time, And if i misunderstanding u.

when i say zz everything, i mean pulling the boss that shouldn’t be pulled and attacking when u should run from aoe.
i really don’t care who sits and who don’t during the boss fights- seen both types and even more, it does matter for me when bosses are 15 levels higher than me.

P.S. nothing stops you from going full str.

we’re there to fill gaps, not do your work for you when you can’t tank…

what?

It’s not easy for players without mounts, sometimes boss attacks are too fast or they can’t actually tank the hits that’s why they run around in circles. There is also the problem with not having a healer.
But yeah normally tanking or off-tanking bosses is done this way but there are a few people that don’t realize this and instead end up jeopardizing the party by moving around scared and hurt.
One of the most annoying things I had to deal with was when I use stabbing and the tank moves away or gets knocked back, I only end up managing 2-3 hits out of the 10? So that’s why I lvl’d up provoke att to 5 and back up into a wall to off-tank.
For some people who play tank classes, they don’t really lvl up provoke because they got taunt, I don’t think that helps keep aggro though…

If you got no tanks in the party but have clerics, alternating safety zones should work too.

just one thing to say KITE
“ninja scape”

I thought that picture was a clowns face with a stick on his nose, until i continued reading XD

But wow, people have such problem with bosses? s:

You can Lure Poata to the wall, making his knockback punch / double punch hits Inside of the wall.

and you won’t take damage for it if done right

2 Likes

idk, mb me is most unlucky man in this game with dumbppl in queue.

This is exactly how a boss should be fought.

well some people can’t figure out they can abuse walls to evade the boss melee attack :L