Tree of Savior Forum

How is kToS? Free from all of this BS?

I heard people in my server saying that they already have a kToS account, assuming that it’s much better handled.

My questions:

1. What restrictions does kToS have?

2. Can anyone make a kToS account/download the Korean client?

Edit:

Found this: kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

But I’m still wondering what it’s like on the kToS server, any differences?

1. I think the difference from kToS and iToS is that they actually fix stuff and balance classes and such, not sure about the restrictions tho.

2. I believe you need someone from Korea to create the account for you.

1 Like

I believe they require a Korea phone number and maybe an address. You also wouldn’t really be allowed to speak other languages.

All i know is that i hear they need to use 1TP to put something up on the market.

They are about to get the iTOS trading patch tomorrow,
I don’t know what do you mean by ‘restrictions’ , if you can elaborate more please.

Yes, anyone can make an account at nexon & DL the game.
However, the account needs to be verified in order to play the game.
You will need a korean mobile number to confirm your identity as it is connected to your SSN. ( or get parents permission if you are under-age) I’d probably be against it unless you’re a citizen yourself or have a long-time friend.

They have a few more maps than iTOS,
Currently have more costumes/hairstyle than iTOS which in turn means, larger TP Store. They also have region specific class balancing at this time, so their classes are buffed / nerfed differently than iTOS ( at the moment, they have had a lot of buffs to some class dmg ).

This isn’t true. It was a thing, back in the korean test server but it was removed prior to the game initializing open beta in Korea. Korea has the same market system as we do, using silver & commision fee.

1 Like

By restrictions I mean:

Token system
Not being able to buy TP
Only 30 trades per month
Only 3 instances a day

Etc

Are they also suffering from non multi core support?

They have the token system, it will match ours in tomorrows patch for KR.

Because their contractor is nexon, it’s done through their site.
And yes, it’s available for them to buy right now, has been for a long time.
Upload/But NX > Buy TP with the NX > Confirm the TP in game.

Used to have this, but it’ll be like iTOS now.
Both regions wont have the trade count, it’s now been shifted over to ‘potential loss’ iirc?

5 For all players.

Yeah. laggy big GVG like here in iTOS.
PvE is so…so, they are improving though. We have those new functions to hide dead parts etc. we approach these optimizations with baby steps, and carefully we will have a good result.

3 Likes

As an old Ragnarok Online / RF Online player, I spend most of my time not on grinding but farming. I love it. Makes me happy getting rares and some good loot that sells for currencies.

This game doesn’t seem to have it. There’s this good rare and trash rare nobody seems to care. I guess its okay overall. What’s not okay is the monster spawn mechanics.

You remember in Alemeth Forest that when you grind, a time comes and almost nothing spawns in the northern area and you have to move to the south and clear mobs so that it’d spawn up there? Happens in all maps I suppose.

The re-spawn speed for monsters is also hella long. It gets really boring waiting for them. I want the old Ragnarok / RF Feel where you lure > kill > lure > kill > lure > kill til you get tired and take a break. They should really implement that here.

I don’t know if these posts of ours matter coz they don’t seem to visit forums and read our opinions. They only come here to post their announcement on new bullshit they’ve come up lol

Why do people keep comparing this to Ragnarok Online when this game has nothing to do with it?!

The gameplay isn’t even similar to Ragnarok Online… Yet people still compares it to that old game >< move on. It’s far different from RO.

1 Like

Sir did you even read my post? Are you sure you’ve understand everything I’ve posted there? If you’re contented with the spawn rates here well some of us ARE NOT.

I wan’t to lure the whole god damn map if I could and kill all those mobs are once but guess what. I can’t.

No captain obvious its NOT different from Ragnarok Online. It’s almost the same as Ragnarok Online. Just better graphics and it has dungeons.

Oh yea I guess you’re right. Coz this game has CRAPPIER re-spawn rates than Ragnarok Online.

/Epicfacepalm

And I bet you’re gonna reply me with “You don’t like it then quit” just like the rest who never had the chance to enjoy MMORPG’s like RO and RF

1 Like

LOLs.

It’s almost the same as Ragnarok Online? Seriously?

Does Ragnarok Online have WoW like quests? Does it have dungeons and you get loot cubes in the end? Does it have the WoW vibe to it?

Obviously, you’ve never played real MMO games like World of Warcraft, The Elder Scrolls Online, RIft, WildStar. Lols…

2 Likes

What about the swordman class in kTOS?

You can see a majority of class-balancing in the pastebin i have created, this is strictly about the korean server only:
http://pastebin.com/gRWPfJam

1 Like

Wow that’s a lot of work, thank you so much for doing this!
Do you think that those buff will come here?
What is the “overheat”?

You fail at reading. You don’t belong here. Bye.

LOLs for someone who cries about this game and wish it’s more similar to Ragnarok Online… maybe it is you who don’t belong here.

I pity you because those games are the only ones you can play. You fail to see that there are other MMOs out there.

Maybe it’s time for you to back and play in your private server Ragnarok Online… oh they have

1 Like

Man why do people like you exist in this planet? Were you accidentally born to this world?

Let me summarize it all up to you okay? Maybe that premature brain of yours will understand.

1. I was NOT comparing Tree of Savior to Ragnarok Online to begin with. I was talking about the re-spawn rate of the mobs.

2. I said “It’s almost the same as Ragnarok Online”. Stat builds, Base/Job Exp. Skill stats. The graphics. The only thing thaat RO didn’t have was DUNGEONS and QUESTS. Oh wait yea there were quests but it was for map access and items.

Oh yea I’ve played MMORPG’s. Want my list?

Rohan Online
Ragnarok Online
RF Online
Granado Espada
Queens Blade Online
Blade and Soul
TERA Online
Kingdom Under Fire II
Cabal Online
Dragon Nest

I even tried Luna Online and MU. They literally are the same coz they have MONSTERS THAT RE-SPAWN which is related to my post. The point you’re not getting coz you prefer to be one of those people to be the 1st to post “Stop comparing / Quit the game” in every thread. I hope this would spoonfeed you the point I was trying to point out.

And back to topic : I wish iToS team would be as quick as the kToS team. Those Koreans are like the lords of tweaking lol

I’m also told that KToS has a lot more going for it than we have.

Apparently, they actively have events that give away free goodies from limited time only event items like armbands to useful stuffs like Petamion.

They also have login rewards that give you TP items from just logging in…

So yeah, IToS is in a pretty discouraging state knowing that.

Which is odd, cause many on this forum say KToS failed already.

I dont get it. Which is it?