Tree of Savior Forum

How I thought the World map will be like

Art by Yuji Himukai

9 Likes

that big tree fits the tree in the ToS World Map. :scream:

Map: here

Woulda been an amazing map considering ToS has the word “Tree” in it… is there any real reason the game is named Tree of Saviors besides the fact that we have a tree of classes (Only thing I could think of)

How i see it right now

16 Likes

It’s a linear road xD.

Ik its probably a joke, but this doesnt seem linear at all to me ^^ http://www.tosbase.com/game/world-map/

Draw a line from the lowest level map up to the highest level map ascending in required level and you’ll see what I mean…

The thing that worries me is that if you follow that line up to level 60 it’s the same path that you take to follow the main quest line… this is the thing that currently worries me the most about this game :persevere:

Maybe it’s just because its fixed on higher levels, or because they’ll balance it later, but right now i’m just hoping that they are considering this…

Eh @FatePGN and a few other players have said the game stops being linear at around level 70-80 where each class has a map that is easier for them to level on(like RO).

2 Likes

I hope you are right :disappointed_relieved:

After playing the beta it just felt like I’m just going upward as I level. It just doesn’t feel as exciting to travel and explore. The map designs are nice, but it feels like a super Mario levels where I just pass, and I would never return again. There isn’t that impression and immersion where I feel like I’m in a world. It’s more like… As if… I’m climbing… A tree…

http://nakleyki24.ru/image/cache/data/katalog01_molodejnie/10046_rage_face_mother_of_god_black-125x125.jpg

4 Likes

The image kinda reminds me of SAO’s 2nd arc. The one which I dont really like with elven ears and stuff.

On another note, I do hope it wouldnt be that linear. It would help if they apply it on the start or lower levels but that would prolly prolong the development of this game further o.o

look up yggdrasil, tho in TOS, the lore isnt of norse mythology like ragnarok does, so maybe this is a prequel to everything before norse myths

@ being linear

no, you only feel that way since you didnt explore much.
quest lines since the beginning is linear, but the maps you can level through arent. Grind locations also just falls before the linear quest maps, but with enough exploring you can actually spot on different grinding maps for appropriate levels starting level 48+.

In the beginning you slowly climb your way up wards towards the tree, following the quest line. But soon (around 60-80) the main quest jumps around going forwards and backwards and every which way, and you decide where you want to go, what works best for your class/build/weapon choices.

It’s very non-linear once you actually have yourself set up (80ish).

2 Likes

How i see the map right now:

My guess as to how it will look in a few years:
http://www.zerodatabase.fr/img/worldmap.jpg

3 Likes

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/_cb20141030224535/swordartonline/images/f/fc/Sword_Art_Online_Lost_Song-_Svart_Alfheim.png
The «World Tree» (世界樹, Sekaiju?), also known as «Yggdrasil»

3 Likes

OMG I played on the 1st ro map! I’m a grandma D: !!!

2 Likes

I understand that the game wants to hold your hand for a bit, but even for a game with a >500 level cap, 50+ levels until you can start freely exploring seems like way too much. Imagine making your alt characters and having those first 50+ levels feel exactly identical to all your previous characters because you had to play through the same story.

Well, now that I think about it. I think that’s more of a questing issue than a map issue.

I said it in my feedback that it won’t make the game less linear if we have more maps for some levels to level on. We still just moveing forward like that. We need reasons to use the low level maps or have the option to be on the same map for a longer time.
The towns shouldn’t be “level restricted” either. I mean if you can’t do anything in a higher level town because it only offers higher level stuff and you can’t do anything in lower level towns because it only offers lower level stuff… Towns should have goods that you can only buy there etc. so we are moving around the world.
Lower level monsters should drop something too that maybe you would need on higher levels.
But even the distribution of maps should be non-linear too because as I looked at the world map I felt like we just going more and more up on the map and that’s all.

I rly don’t know how the game looks/feels on higher levels but I’m still afraid ppl just saying it’s less linear because they never played with a real non-linear game. :x

2 Likes

There are plenty of reasons to use low level maps.

• While some ingredients for making potions can be bought, there are some that can only be found from certain monsters. Even the ingredients you can buy from NPC are also dropped from certain monsters.
  • Many recipes require something that can only be obtained from a lower leveled map. (An example is this staff which is required to create stronger staffs.)
  • Locked treasure chests. Maybe you got a key that matches the level of that one treasure chest you saw before.
  • For those who completed the Tenet Chapel’s main questline, you should have a Spatial Crest which is needed to explore 100% of some maps.

There are probably more, but that’s all I’ve found so far.

3 Likes

Well that’s something. I’m still not totally convinced yet but we will see. Maybe it really will be good at the end.

1 Like