Tree of Savior Forum

How do you feel about the Early Access announcement? Let's keep it in 1 thread

How I feel:

• Early access is meant for games in developement/alpha. The game already released in korea. F2P business model.

• I won’t be playing ToS over Overwatch and WoW:Legion

• The game won’t be fully translated on 03/22/2016

• The headstart is huge if you want to compete for achievment points.

• the price is WAY too high for an unpolished game like this.
    I guarantee you 100% there will be micro stuttering, low fps in dungeons and main cities. (I had about 25 fps with a high end computer running dungeons) and a lots of bugs, including unplayable classes like Shinobi where your skills make your character freeze and you just die.

Let’s keep it in 1 thread

Don’t kid yourself.

4 Likes

1 thread isn’t enough!

well i dont mid the early access , pay for a head start is how life works , what i dont like is the the OPEN beta coming soon news , them release date is 3 months

Ok, in 1 thread, but not this!! :smirk:

1 Like

WE NEED MOAR THREADS BNASDBHASBDHBAJDSBBJHB!!@121!!

But seriously, this isn’t “OPEN BETA” - OPEN people, O P E N(also known as free).
It’s Closed, also PAID BETA, we won’t get any OBT cuz ToS will have his Full Release after this 3months.

It would have been fine if it was a 1-2 week headstart with every tier they currently offer being available from the get go, and they would probably have made far more money.

I don’t mind the model, let’s be real i would have spent atless if not more then 50$ on this game in the next 3 months.

On the other hand i do fell the 3 months duration is a bit to much, 1 month of early access would have been fine.

They could have just made 3 founder packs whit different degrees of rewards and range the price from 20-50$ and make it 1 month, i fell like that would have been better.

2 Likes

but the game already released in korea.

I agree! 3 months is little too much for Early Acces, but i think they got this from GITS MMO - First Assault, they are in EA for about some months right now.

Like first we are given hope, and then taken away. Very sad.

1 Like

i just keep thinking of cows…and ranchers…and milk.

cows… ranchers… milk
im going insane.

How i feel about announcement: at least they released the launch date.

How i feel about the early access proposal: unless they do something about players on “founder’s servers” later it is a fail model because no sane active player will join the server with players that had 3 months head start. Those servers will be dead eventually (and faster than f2p servers).

2 Likes

But not here, so what’s the point? Nexon know how to make money from games, so they made it F2P, IMC don’t.

I would gladly pay IMC $50 for a starter pack IF I deemed it worth while. I want to play this game like anyone else BUT the fact that a lot of my friends will be isolated from this game for over THREE months is a big turn off.

I am not super excited about playing on an empty server for 3 months and considering my gaming group as of now is playing another MMO - I don’t believe convincing them to drop $50 on another MMO is going to happen.

I don’t believe IMC really thought this through and I hope that someone from there group acknowledges that this announcement was a huge negative impact to the Tree of Savior brand.

Only things that would alleviate this situation is a revamp of either the amount of money for early access packages or what is included in the packages or possibly even both. If those are not plausible changes that I would go as far as changing the time frames of the packages and reduce the total open beta waiting period from 3 months to 1 month and leave the packages the same prices.

Finally if IMC is trying to convince me to spend money, than IMC needs to realize a lot of people play in groups and not all groups are economically equal across the board. When you start dividing these groups you will find that a lot of them would rather hang with their friends than to join a new MMO. To convince a group of friends that they may have to be divide for 3 months because of their economical standing or choices is kind of a low blow. I mean the promise of an OBT was given but no heads up on a 3 month pay wall was ever notioned or discussed.

IMC needs to really think about how this decision affected their fanbase.

11 Likes

i dont mind the early access but it could be a little bit less expensive

Wow.
Wow.

Holy F*******ck.

I have no words. Wait, I must think about this, too much information.
Wow.

Proper reply.

Feels like this announcement was a last minute decision.
I’d say that I’m disappointed although delighted that they finally gave news about it but at the same time disgusted with the options they are going for it.

Gonna sound like a broken record but whatever.

50$ is an alright price but it doesn’t really feel right nor does it even weight to be in the price tag of 50$ just to play it for 3 months with a limited amount of players (Who only have their in their minds about a head start or being impatient/having no choice to play/wait for other games). The current state of the game is really unstable knowing it’s popularity and health on its base server. I can’t really say it would be a sound decision to pay up 50$ for it.

Their reason behind it is unclear since saying that it is to avoid bots and gold selling, just feels really light for a reason when even games that are already B2P with Subs still have them.

Overall, Disappointed? I guess.

3 Likes

B2P/Sub games have them usually after the population has already grown… or it’s a game that’s going to do well no matter what (WoW, FFXIV). I bet it actually deters a lot of bots/sellers because ToS isn’t going to have a huge population, even less with the early access.

This pretty much. It would be differen’t if they said this would be B2P. So far it is(3months), but that much of a difference for access is absurd. If every level had access on the 22nd, i’d probably be more alright with it.
20$ for b2p seems reasonable aslong as the CS isn’t overly screwed with p2w crap.

There is just no communication from IMC. Seems they wanted to hear in iCBT but nothing after. They obviously do read what we say, but how much do they care?