I want to talk about Chronomancer, and present some possible improvements for them. I’ll admit though I’ve not taken a Chrono3 into a raid so I may be a bit ignorant for some of my analysis;
- Quicken & Haste: - we don’t need to have buffs in this game that have both 100% uptime potential, as well as tiny durations. Make both these buffs have default 5 min durations like other similar buffs. Thauma buffs last for 5 mins, so what the hell IMC? Also;
- Change the Attri; Quicken: Critical Rate - to also give something to the Chrono. We don’t use Crit rate - how about like 10% CDR while Quicken is active or something? Also IMC, just in general - stop doing this thing where you add an attri to one skill that decreases your evasion, and then give +evasion in another attri for the same damned class. Really now.
- Update the tooltip to show the SPR-based gains. It shouldn’t be a mystery to the laymen how much +atk speed they’re actually providing. Same goes for Haste obviously.
- Lastly, reduce the SPR requirements to maximize the benefits of these skills. I believe right now you need to have 390 SPR to maximize the benefit - which makes it more then just an afterthought - it turns it into a priority. Maybe make it cost half, or hell - maybe don’t make it scale with character level in the first place, and just scale on present SPR? So as long as you have like, 200 SPR, you’re good. No need to analyze it every time you level or change your gear. Make it so that this class is still attractive even for non-FS players.
- Reincarnate: Seems like this skill has fallen out of favor - it used to be really sweet to potentially get double-loot from bosses, but seeing as how bosses in dungeons don’t drop the loot directly any more, and it doesn’t work on bosses summoned with Card Albums - what exactly are people using reincarnate for that wouldn’t be better served by just being a Thauma with Swell?
- Make this skill work on all bosses
- Decrease the cooldown by like a minute
- Make it reincarnate all monsters around you that have died during the duration, not just one
Stop: For normal mobs, there’s no reason why this would be OP if it had a shorter cooldown. For bosses, the attri only allows it to work on them once in the first place. So why does this skill have simultaneously; high cooldown, high SP, multi-reagent requirement??? Decrease the cooldown to like a minute.
Slow: Hey look, a skill which for some reason doesn’t have a reagent requirement. Thats neat I guess. Anyways - I like this skill, however the attri falls short. Specifically “Slow: Critical Resistance” is based on INT - which as you know is kind of silly considering there’s a lot of SPR based chronomancers out there - and the other chrono skills scale off of SPR anyways. Make this scale off either SPR, or both INT & SPR equally.
Backmasking: I’m not really sure what the deal is with this skill. I know you can sometimes use it as a pinch “revive”, without all the nice benefits - and I’m sure some people can use it for farming as a means to res multiple monsters… but it has so many downsides to it; It doesn’t heal, it has a FIVE FRIGGIN MINUTE COOLDOWN, it eats 4k silver for reagents, and its extremely niche. Not to mention that the backmask doesn’t work on bosses, and can potentially put yourself or surrounding enemies in worse positions. I don’t know what to do with this skill. I’m at a loss. Replace it entirely? Not sure.
Pass: So this is the actual reason to go Chrono3. However, once again - a good skill is being hampered by restrictions that makes it go from “hey thats a good trick” to “I’m probably not going to use this.” So, simple solution - ready for it? Remove the reagent requirement, or change it to like 1 time fragment instead of crystal. It’s a skill you can use every 50 seconds, it shouldn’t be draining your bank dry - especially since the rest of the entire kit is oriented around support and CC.
Class Attributes/Skill Attributes: Probably one of my biggest confusions about the class - is how it has literally no class attributes, and very few skill attributes (which again, are very much half-assed). There’s so much potential for creating class synergy here, here’s some ideas;
- Pass: Tiny Hourglass: Reduces the cooldown of [Pass] by 5 seconds.
- Backmasking: Rose-Tinted Glasses: Allies in the area of [Backmasking] regenerate 20% of their HP & SP.
- Chronomancer: Master of Time: Reduces the cooldown of all Chronomancer skills by 1s when an enemy in range (radius: 200) dies.
- Reincarnate: Stand And Fight: Fallen allies in the area of [reworked Reincarnate] are brought back to life, with buffs intact and 20% of their max HP/SP.
- Stop: Hammer Time: Basic Attacks can continue to damage to [Stopped] enemies - but the duration of [Stop] decreases by 50%.
- Haste: Youth Is Wasted: Allies affected by [Haste] will regenerate 3% of their HP/SP whenever they kill a target.
- Chronomancer: Impatient: If the Chronomancer is affected by both [Quicken] and [Haste] - they can move while using basic attacks
I could go on. There’s so much room for more awesome in Chronomancer, a class that feels very neglected by the devs.
Anyways, thanks for reading.