Tree of Savior Forum

Hoplite and fencer

Top 3 out of all build. I believe they fall under #2 with ranger fletcher mergen being #1. elememe /fencer are near each other. Im not sure which of the two is stronger. Doppel is definitely weaker than fencer. Dragoon is weaker as well in bossing scenario

New passive for fencer is a 1.4* mod to everything and it splits the damage into two lines so capping isnt an issue except for au fer.

Skill build?

/202020202002

I retract my statement. I thought about it further and its in the top 5 at position 4 or 3. I forgot a few other builds. LInked above

top 3 its said tomuch. maybe top 5 because that 40% more damage its a huge damage bonus ( by the way concentrate 15 must be even more usefull with that)
but swordy still been the worst dps class of the game. i used to play FF3 with only that i can do 6mil of deamage for each kundela slash cd and that its a shorter cd than all the fencer builds skills just 14 sec

Concentrate doesnt scale with anything but dex/str. Thats another 0 pointer skill and points like this makes me think you really don’t know what you are talking about.

You are also contradicting yourself when you say swordy still has been the worst dps class of the game but you also agree that a swordie build fits in top5. You also said dragoon, doppel, ret are stronger than fencer. so what fencer is rank 5. doppeldoppel,ret fits rank2,3,4?

And about your ff point. ele3ff3 i am actually not sure what performs better between the two. I’ve only had 1 comparison and the guy was using a +32 primue raffye t10 staff. my hoplite fencer mata out dps’ed him at velcoffer. I use a +27 solmiki rapier. I would say the damage are similar but who knows.

This also brings the point that featherfoot damage CANNOT increase as you are hitting the cap. 999k per skill with 2 hits each and 3 oh = 6mil. Offensive rapide prevents cap hitting pretty much and it will only grow as the fencer gets more geared. This doesnt apply to au fer ofc that skill just hits too hard

it was just an example, with ff reach cap damage x2 its easy on every target and its only take 3 sec to do 6mil them you got blood suking blood curse and inervate to do a lot of damage everyone with more than 1mil of damage easly
it is barely the same for builds like shadowmance2 warlock 2 or warlock 3/ff1 but with more cd death times.
so there you got 3 builds who can easly beat you without count skills of ranks below 6 like elementalist and runecasters

also acher have 2 or 3 builds who easly can beat you, musketer 3 and mergen with ranger are somuch strong now. cleric have druids,exorcist,inquis,zealot and taoist everyone with a huge damage and shorten cd than fencer.

maybe the new attibute from fencer put them on the dps meta again but sait that its one of the top 5 its too generous but i give the poin that it is strong so because that i said that maybe its one of the top 5 dps class but its depend somuch on a lot of stuffs like the armor kind of the target and the cd/rotation management thats meand that they could lost a lot of damage to if they waste a cd.

also the attribute only works on fencer skills so you need to notice that concentrate adds a flat damage to the final amount of the hit. x2 with the new fencer attribute and also burst with others attributes, or that is what i remember when it was reworked, it was easly get almost 10k per critical hit just with base stats and no attributtes at lv15 so with fencer and those props its wil give over a mil on the rotation.

Fencer has a lot of multipliers. If you have no base damage then you are multiplying nothing. Try it with higher funds and sufficient crit rate.

Concentrate even if you manage to get 1k dex or something ridiculous is so insignificant that its prob less than .5% of a fencer’s damage.

Sure you multiply 3k damage 2 times with the offensive rapide. Thats great 6k damage. But whats that to 1mil damage or even 6mil. Its nothing hence 0 pointer. Even lv 5 gungho is superior to lv15 concentrate

1 Like

maybe thats your problem, try to go full dex instead get a cap or go 50/50 with more str gung ho + concentrate lv15 its even more usefull as you said fencer have a lot of multipliers and this skills gives base damage to those multipliers

what brings us to the beginning, if you pick hopli 3 just to fill the lack of cd maybe its better just get hopli 2 or even 1 to get more damage with others classes and fencer.

now I thought that even hopli 1 corsair 1 its even better if ou go for the 12.5% plus damage from behind with wolfs cards.

its because of prep+stabbing

I accounted for full dex. Its trash full dex and its trash full str. You DO NOT go dex for a fencer. Also nice joke about the werewolf cards. If you get knockedback you are losing more than 12.5% damage if it did work. Pain barrier > a 30% chance of getting 12.5% more damage

Hoplite is not for a lack of CD. Its because stabbing and pierce are extremely strong. Also corsair1 only applies to dagger skills which that build doesn’t have any. This comment of oyurs leads more onto “you are full of ■■■■”

1 Like

but you are only giving me more reasons to pick swordman 3 :haha:

i dont check this dince r8 when corsair was a nice dps but it was working like the attributes from matador and fencer who with only use a dagger on the off gives the bonus.

i would cap dex to use the skills from fencer faster to prevent lost time and damage. and stabing will still doing a nice damage like sept stoile to clear mobs and those stuffs

Your tosbase build you posted has lv 0 painbarrier and lv 15 concentrate and lv 15 gungho. Also lv 15 thrust. Corsair was never a nice dps. From 2016 to now it sucked.

Honestly you really don’t know what you are talking about and there’s no point in discussing

1 Like

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/209aplxffy/ it was the first trully boss killer

was a build without corsair so its thought to be with gazings card just to fill and trust for the pirce bonus

just stop beeing a fanboy dude

actually i remember that i was the first broken class in the game. when the toy hammer get stacks with multiple lines corsair was the first broken class in the game.

The fact that one build was good in the past doesnt mean that is good now. if that were the case then Hunters and scouts will be strong i don’t know if you remember but snatching was amazing at killing flying bosses and split arrow was 0 CD and now those classes are in the thrash. the same thing happened to swordman 3. concentrate was great because of the extra dmg but now its being consume more quickly with multi hits and doesn’t scale well in late game

1 Like

top dps now is linker 3 + FF3. even beat elememe

There’s one huge problem that I don’t see people mentioning. I played this build and while I think that on paper fully buffed Stabbing is powerful the main problem with the skill is that it is too easily interrupted. Normally this won’t be a problem supposing that enemies leave you alone but more often than not being hit even once during the skill animation completely negates its activation and this happens far too often

Oh stabbing gets interrupted when hit? No wonder everytime I use stabbing only 2 hits happen.

Yes. This is probably its biggest weakness. If you manage to get the entire animation off it’s a great skill. Otherwise it’s rather terrible. Worst of all, Pain Barrier doesn’t even prevent this. Since you can’t use the other class-defining skills of the Hoplite on a Fencer (esp. Finestra, which is a real shame) I wouldn’t recommend the build.

You turn on pain barrier…? Prevents interruption