Tree of Savior Forum

Hoplite and fencer

This week’s number 11th rank is sword-pelt-hop3-fencer3-matador.

Really?! Hop and fencer?! I must be missing something. What is the synergy between the 2?

Stabbing and Pierce can be used with a rapier, and if you’re not too lazy get a spear 2nd weapon just to proc Spear Lunge, it’ll amplify every pierce damage and Fencer have a lot of em

1 Like

3 whole ranks just for those? Well I guess there must be reasons why it’s popular, but I would not go hop3 just for those 2 skills. Would be awesome if fanestra can be used with any weapons.

I just thought since fencer has quite a lot of skills, lower ranks should be something more for support/buff such as swordsman3 and pelt2.

hoplite 2 is enough to fill those ranks. just get spear lunge and stabing and try to reach more level with some gem and zega spear i dont remember well but you can get spear lunge 8 with rank 2 and thos stuffs

someones said that the damage bonus to pierce attks from spear lunge increased with the lvl of the skill.

There is so much wrong with this.

hoplite is solely taken for stabbing. Stabbing is such a strong skill that its worth sacrificing ranks for since fencer + mata can stand alone. You NEED hoplite3. You cannot spear lunge with this build because it will disable epee and your other vital matador/fencer buffs. The only time you would use spear lunge is in a shinobi build since clones do not get epee,prep,whatever. Pierce is also great too. This is a pretty old video i made long time ago but it demonstrates the power of stabbing with prep https://youtu.be/A4tiouf8aho . Note this is like R9.

nowadays its better to prep fleche unless you cap but stabbing is still a really strong skill and there is no downtime if you rotate your skills well

Spear lunge is a 1 pointer that doesnt scale with levels besides skill factor.

2 Likes

That is strong indeed. In order to fully use stabbing’s power, C3 is needed for sure victory attribute.

So that means it’s even stronger on a spear build like dragoon, lancer, retiarius, and even murmillo!

2 Likes

fencer + matador is basically a bunch of buffs and it has the strongest stabbing there is no contest. Ret is good for 2* damage with the net but theres also prep and a bunch of other stuff. Prep 2x damage, epee 1.5* damage when crit, fencer agression attr 15%, matador picador 10%, matador banderillo 20%, matador + fencer’s crit buff/crit resist debuff

1 Like

but the raw diference between stabing 10 and 15 its just like 20% of damage maybe the atribute to get 10 more hits its nice but anyway for a kind of kill like that i dont now if its even worthy because at least its just like a burst to kill bosses but a lot of others are skills are more usefull that stabing

Sure win attribute makes it go from 15 hits to 25. Thats a 66% difference not counting the skill factor. Even if you go hoplite2 what would you fill the last rank with?

As a hoplite fencer matador STabbing is my 2nd strongest bossing skill. Fleche is only stronger because of the new offensive rapide attribute but before that prep stabbing > prep fleche. Its kind of a tie right now but fleche caps while stabbing doesn’t.

Its strong enough to even kill a lot of mobs in CM. Fencer + matador has a lot of skills. But anyways hoplite fencer matador is a bossing build so more bossing power the better. If you are playing swordsman for aoe (except for that new doppel3ret2 build and mata3) then you will be disappointed.

1 Like

as you said fencer and matador have niceskills focused on kill bosses so stabing looks more like a filler for those ranks without skills like that. maybe for builds with shinobi, retiarious, lancer or dragon but a skill with a long cd, low aoe and a stand animation i think that dont go to nice with fencer3 or matador

Stabbing is as strong as a rank8 skill. Do not underestimate it. Pierce is strong too but it only works on bosses and sucks on anything else.

maybe stabing lv15 its better than faena lv5 but not than faena lv10 the problem on focusing on stabing its that you need less time to do more damage with others skills and also preparation only works on 1 skill

That brings up a valid point but why not just use both? They dont interfere with each other in any way. Faena is for mobbing so yes you prep faena for mobbing and its also matador which is r8/r9. This doesn’t stop you from using regular stabbing and getting hoplite : rank3~5.

For about the less time to do more damage. Let me ask you again. What can you replace with hoplite3 that will be superior? Nothing. Sword3, nope. barb3, bossing potentially. pelt2, nope. Hoplite2 corsair, nope.

If you go sword3 you will notice that you actually run out of skills to use. Barb3 is in the same boat but it gives such powerful buffs that its worth trading. Hoplite2 corsair is a weaker version of hoplite3 as dust devil < stabbing sure win

i would chose sword 3 just to get more damage with the buffs i dont thing that the lack of skills is a problem if you manage well the cd but if you fill that maybe barb 1 to get cleave and spam flanconade on the death times of spee garde

flannconnade is a 0 point skill. 1 point in pvp. Its damage is a joke

compared with pirce skills with attrbutes over 80 surelly it do less damage but again its just to fill the lack of skills like when fencer only was able to rank 2 used flanconade was necesary and barb3 was better than hoply 3 on their builds

anyway thats an option the other its joking arround waiting for the spee/preparation cd and come with a burst again…

We are in rank10 now. There is no lack of skills due to the additional 3 ranks compared to 2016.

Also i am telling you that prep stabbing is stronger than prep fleche.

Heres the math for prep stabbing vs prep fleche

lv 15 stabbing , 25hits, 170% skill factor. 2* for prep. Stabbing also gets stronger as it channels but im not going to factor that in because it makes it messy.

25* 170 * 2 = 8500%
lv 5 fleche, 3 hits, 732% sfr . times 1.4 because offensive rapide. 2* for prep
3* 732 * 1.4* 2 = 6148.8%

There you have it. Prep stabbing is stronger than prep fleche and fleche is the best skil that would benefit off prep because au fer just caps.

1 Like

Hello, you must be better geared now vs back then in that vid :smile:
I’m very curious what your dmg now if you do that same combo, is it dmg capped? also is the venier a must to have?

raw patk > anything right now. So venier is dead. I dont have kraujas skil yet but if i did i bet i would be able to cap prep fleche on velcoffer. I can pretty much pull off 6mil prep fleche on anything thats not velcoffer tho which leads to prep stabbing > prep fleche even further. For prep stabbing im not really sure how much it does because theres nothing with >6mil hp i can test it on. Hoplite fencer mata is probably top 3 boss dps right now. I think rangerfletchermergen beats it though

1 Like

Top 3 maybe from the swordy tree but I think that dragoon and retariatus are still strongest and maybe a good doppel can do more damage. Anyway who do they new pasive from fencer i don’t remember Well but it’s like a 1.5 more damage on criticals? Matador3 have a pasive too ?