Tree of Savior Forum

Homunculus - What it is, how to get it, and how it works!

@lemaitre_dulotus

I won’t farm mats though, it’s pretty easy to farm a couple milions a day so I can just buy those mats. If I can really buy a Homunculus with level 15 JP I can probably do level 145 dungeon in under 15 minutes :smiley:

Thanks for the info anyway :smiley:

Are you sure I can use homunculus on any character though?

Nobody never said that you will be able to use it in another character, I think if it was possible we would see videos with people clearing contents with them

@fesvillar

They might cost a couple million each and last for only 14 days.

You don’t really need them if you go grind/quest in parties.

The items themselves are TRADEABLE and since the release of Alchemist C3 there have been NO VIDEOS showing real use of homunculus.

If you manage to get a homunculus with Linker skill then why would you have a linker in party? xD

They arent necessary but i bet we would have saw them in action if they worked like that, or maybe people still miss any item of the combination

Look, you are thinking too much inside the box:

• It is possible that homunculus can only use the skills the one who bought the egg has.

• It is possible that it is currently so stupid you can’t rely on it.

• Even with that sort of homunculus, a Linker becomes twice as efficients, keeps his attributes and HK + HK’s attribute for both too, you can’t even compare JP to JP + HK (which an homunculu can hardly do efficiently)

• Most likely there are very few Alchemists C3 as most tend to get their wanted spells with leftover points from R6 and leave it that way.

Because pet AI sucks?

for me i think we may not have seen many alchemist videos because of one thing.
the homunculus stone is tradeable, but because of the window we saw on preview is a fair nice assumption to have where we need to unlock the homunculus stone (use) so we can open the homunculus window and add the spells , at least i believe it may work like this. so if this is in fact true, homunculus will only be able to be of use for other wiz classes, making most of them even more OP with a full JP homunculus for example.
on a more serious note, what really killed alchemist in my view is the lack of attribute for homunculus, because why we would level and play as main character alchemist, if our main focus that is the helper homunculus not only is very expensive, have a limited life span and to make everything worse can be sold and be exact the same as if we made them, there is not really any real benefit to play as alchemist if we can simple buy a homunculus and add spells our self, and have mainly the same and if you have made it as alchemist, but with 3 free ranks to choice as dps-supp and so on.

@nery_ma

yes, I think it is possible that the homun only uses skills from the summoner.

Really sorry but I’m not interested in wishful thinking, I’m looking for concrete information.

Wizards are WEAK at Rank 8 so there’s no point in saying they become “more” OP.

Not if you are playing in Orsha T_T

1 Like

Finally rank 8 is finally here, can someone try to make a homunculus i want to know how make it and how it works please guys its time for this.

Give me the mats and I’ll make one.

1 Like

Is anyone try opus Ferret Marauder Horns. I want to know result.
I got Leafnut Horn. …

Alright, after some time hunting and searching on the net I almost got all the ingredients, here’s a quick list:

talt = common drop
drake film = drake
Mercury = 6 silver bar
Red kepa cristal = Red kepa pieces x5 mag op (untradable drop from the red kepa)
darkness crystal fragment = maiden drop or blue nuo sword frag 7x Mag op
raflower root = Raflower drop but only in crystal mine 1f
Blue Beard = blue fisherman drop or blue Wendigo fur x6 mag op
Seed oil = Seedmia seed x3 mag op
Hanaming aroma = Hanaming petal x5 mag op
shackle = dumaro drop
Unicorn bone = cronewt bone x5 mag ops
white mucus = mud x5 mag ops
ice piece = holy water x4 mag ops

All that remais is the elusive Yekubite crystal, supposedly you can make one with 5 Yekubite Teeths but after 3 hours farming those (in crystal mine 2f and Ashag prison) I got zero drops to show for it.

So I don’t know if this is the right enemy to kill or the drop rate is ridiculously low or maybe IMC forgot to put in the game.
But if anyone wanna farm a little harder to confirm the drop rate be my guest.

And I found this thread in the KR forums: http://m.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4197&l=57530
There’s a little discussion about the yekubite teeth drop rate but I lack the proficiency to understand the details.

12 Likes

Nice research.
BTW… dont you forget Symbol of Wealth???

And… Are Ferret Marauder Horns useless finaly???

I can’t access the inven.co.kr page, but does it mention the patterns you have to use for each of the magnum opus things?

Also, Ice Piece can be obtained via digging in Stogas Plateau/Mesafasla/whatever other snowy maps there are.

Little update: the yekubite crystal is probably a DPK item like http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/645292/ they share the same theme and the same dungeon it’s just a hunch, but it fits the bill.

@Haroeris
You only need a gold bar (you can make one with 10 talts) to make the stone.

@butter
That’s true you only need 3 to make it.

@Mistreil
I think it’s in another thread but tomorrow I can post a cropped image with all the patterns for the ingredients and unfortunately, inven block non-Koreans IPs you need a VPN to access it.

3 Likes

Thank for your research
also. Unicorn bone use cronewt bone x 6

Is it possible to mag opus Yekubite Teeths from another teeths ?

Where can I dig up mud? cant find a location… and how do I mag opus hanaming aroma? I tried with multiple hanaming pedals and I could not get it to work

mud can dig in Royal Mausoleum Constructors’ Chapel. Dig on bubble like ground.