Tree of Savior Forum

Highlander Shinobi

Hi, I’m a new player and I’m thinking of making a Shinobi. I read a lot on forums about the Shinobi class but I can’t find much resources about using Highlander and Shinobi.

Swordsman C3 > Highlander C2 > Doppel C1 > Shinobi C1

The build is more focused towards PVE.

I’m planning to do damage with Highlander skills Cross Cut and Skyliner and block with Cross Guard / take some damage to stack Deeds of Valor. Also putting points into Punish to kill knocked down mobs with Bash and Cartar Stroke. Once I get enough stacks on Deeds of Valor, I’ll hide with Katon and burst enemies down with Bunshin + Kunai + Cross Cut (Bleed) + Double Slash and Cross Guard / run from most damages. Going with a stat build of STR:CON:DEX of 3:1:1.

I figured this build might work, but I do not have any experience in higher level gameplay (Still a lvl 150+ monk, so please bear with my newb-ness). Any pros can advice otherwise? :sweat_smile:

Im doing almost the same thing myself, but taking Highlander 3 instead of doppel. I dont know if this was a good idea or not… Probably not… :frowning:

I wanted higher levels on my skills and also Skull Swing…

Damnit, I dont want to reroll again…

Anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it should work, right?
You got two skills that has “increases critical chance by X” and lots of bleeds. So you can focus strength more and get higher bleeds! You probably still need a bit of dex though because 60% more of nothing is apparently still nothing. 3:1:1 like you suggested sounds good. Maybe buffer all your dex points and see how it fairs once you get decent gear with all the green gems and stuff… perhaps you wont need dex at all?

Clones will be powerful with bleed from Cross Cut and Double Slash. Blocking with Cross Guard staggers to make them vulnerable to pierce.

Damnit, I have to reroll and skip Highlander3… Maybe have to take Pelt =/

Also, I was looking at your build. I was planning on not taking so many points into Gung Ho and Concentrate. Enough points into Concentrate to get 100% uptime, then 3-5 into Gung Ho. I think getting Thrust may be a good idea?

Not sure about Catar Stroke, I’m thinking those points may be better into Crown for future proof if you ever want to go Doppel 2 and get the Shock synergy (shinobi might just be one circle). But that might be far away… and there’s skill resets.

Everything else looks solid!

Thanks for the reply~

I plan on putting DEX only for accuracy and for my Bunshins to have some life at least to take a hit or two.

I wasn’t too sure what to build for my Swordsman C3 path with those skills, especially with Gung Ho and Concentrate as I do not know how well it scales in higher level gameplay (even planned on maxing Bash at one point). I might want to get Thrust at Level 1 just to proc bleeding if a party member stuns a monster though.

Interesting, I didn’t know about Doppel C2 having a skill that can be used with Crown, I might have to ask around more to know more about what I’m stepping into as a Highlander Shinobi, thanks for the information!

this is probably a good plan. the clones created by the Shinobi “Bunshin” skill can only copy Shinobi and Swordsman skills, so you probably want to invest heavily into the swordsman skills.

also, Gung Ho and Concentrate both tend to drop off in usefulness later in the game anyway, due to the trivially small bonuses.

Mordschlag is also a guaranteed critical on cloth. missed that one…

brb, reroll.

Now this build looks interesting! i considered it because shinobi could use double slash which would mean you could clone it, cause bleeding, and deal massive damage. alongside Skull Swing to MAKE it hurt. i definetly like it

1 Like

skull swing would mean giving up Doppelsoeldner though, thats what im doing right now and starting to have regrets :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, since clones will make you take a lot more damage, DoV might just take you to a bad place… Gonna keep going and see where it ends up :slight_smile:

Edit:

Endgame skill reset could look something like this:

with 2 points in Highlander left to do whatever with.

Hmm I guess I’ll stick with the build I made, albeit a few changes in the Swordsman C3 part on Gung Ho and Concentrate. It would help a lot if any active Shinobis could give some input on the build before I start this grindfest to Shinobi.

This is my build too and you know what every ninja skill deal pierce damage

Crosssguard have the attribute stagger that root enemy for 8 sec and deal double pierce damage so you when you successfully block you root them and all ninja skill deal double damage… even with that suicide bomb skill

Just a few things you should know about shinobi that might help decide on your builds.

CLONES
Clones only copy swordsman attack skills and kunai throw. So swordsman c3 is good so your clones can do double slash.

SHINOBI QUEST
The quest for the shinobi class is by far the most unfair random-est thing ever in this game lol. It will take around 20+ hours to farm all the mats for the scout masters medicine(it took me 18 hours but I use dopples double pay skill on cooldown to get double drops every minute). As for the flower omg… I’ve been camping the spot for the yellow-eyed flower petal for almost a week 24/7 apart from sleeping and I still haven’t seen it spawn. This flower is 100% random spawn time, it used to be 4 hours but apparently it was too easy so… yea. Some people have gone to the spot and the flower is already there and a lot of people have taken days or weeks to find it, so this will make or break you(not trying to scare you away from shin lol).

HIGHLANDER
I’m currently doing sm1 > hl1 > barb3 > dopple1 > shin.
I have highlander c1 but not for the skills, just for the +50% crit damage passive with 2 hand swords (Two-handed Sword Mastery: Critical Attack), so with full dex at level 225 I have 60% crit chance on a mob my level and the highlander passive just makes those crits huge.

(critrate - monster crit resist) x 42 / level = crit%

Sorry for not replying for a few days,

I still have qualms on how to go about the Swordsman C3 part of my build, especially with Gung Ho and Concentrate. I’m thinking of going:

Thrust 1 (for thrust damage outside Kunai)
Bash 3
Gung Ho (Undecided)
Concentrate (Undecided)
Pain Barrier 1
Restrain 10
Pommel Beat 0
Double Slash 5

… leaving 25 points I can allocate anywhere. Since my build does not have any reliable stuns (I read restrain stun can’t be used for thrust or something), I do not plan to add into Pommel Beat, so I have 25 points hanging around. I also read somewhere that Deeds of Valor stacks attack by 5 and Gung Ho also stacks accordingly, so is a maxed out Gung Ho still worth it?

(Still 10 points I don’t know where to allocate)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I planning to add dex just about 20-40 tho just to lessen the chances to miss

Even tho it is said the clone hp will scale base on dex but clone will died easily and you dont plan to get hit while using clone and receive that 5 times damage anyway the purpose of using clone is to burst then you can hold block and let the clones died or escape after bursting

Going str have a lot more benefit because it scale with a lot of your overal skill not just damage like crossguard (more block rate) and bleed from crosscut(600+per tick for 10sec)
So i suggest add more point in str and ignore dex

And your skill have innate cri chance(not cri rate) that when cri its really cri freaking hard moulinet have 60%cri chance from attributes but this skill is currently bug but because its bug it have a higher chace to get a fixed

And double slash have 35 cri chance which will give you about2-3 times base damage when cri it has 3 overheat and hit fast

The highlander crossguard is very cool when block it will give the target stagger… this will root EVERY enemy that can be block and duble the pierce damage and all your ninja skill used pierce damage

You block and stagger boss using all buff summon clone and burst with kunai…

Haha true that~

I’ll max out Gung Ho and place the rest in Pain Barrier then :slight_smile:

Are we sure its a bug and not just a miss in the translation?
At the moment moulinet only improves crit rating, so the attribute is useless if you don’t have any crit rating :frowning:

From the in-game description it suppose to be cri chance like skill double slash that have 35% cri chance(which fully work)

I send the ticket to imc about this bug tho and they dont said it is miss translation
Well its either they dont give a shid to my ticket and it is actually the miss translation on their side
Or it is a bug and this will get fixed

I want to believe its the latter tho

So double slash gives a flat 35% more crit? Interesting…

I’m skeptical but will try this out. :slight_smile:

Is this build still ok? I dont want to run a tanknobi or spearnobi.