Tree of Savior Forum

Highest Burst DPS? At Range / Magic?

Just wondering what the highest burst DPS path would be for magic and/or ranged? Burst DPS =/= DPS. Burst DPS means highest damage in one hit. Think Black Mage in Final Fantasy XIV for instance.

Druid is really good in first 10 seconds then you have to wait for 30sec CD to use skills again.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate, since the burst in the game I suggested has a 2.5 second CD on everything, but it usually is negligible since the cast time is also 2.5+ seconds. I don’t think a 30 CD would be worth it in that case.

That’s not really burst in FFXIV since you have to go Ice where it has no dmg to regain mana.

If you want to see big number every hit I suggest Chaplain.

Considering the black mage’s base damage spell “Blizzard” in FFXIV does about the same damage than the melee burst’s (Dragoon) final combo attack (Full thrust) with the increased potency from the combo… It’s safe to assume Black mage in FFXIV does the highest damage in one hit in that game.

So I’m not sure why you don’t think it’s a burst class/job :V Regardless, a “Burst DPS” class means that its BASE ATTACKS and SKILLS (IE; the ones that you get early in the game) do a lot of damage in one hit. Not because it has one extremely powerful attack later on that can trump anything in the game.

If it were that way, any of the sustained DPS classes in FFXIV could be considered burst, since Summoner, for instance, in FFXIV has a burst attack called “Fester,” which does damage based on how many dots the enemy has on it.

Burst class is considered DMG now, then you cool off, like for example 30 sec. Same way with BLM, it does dmg in fire, in ice doesn’t do ■■■■. (FFXIV melee have dots which do dmg and you don’t see numbers very clearly)

Well Cryo Kino icewall combo does great burst and does stupid burst with Rune Caster 300% ice buff. Although I think in ktos ice wall damage got halved?

Elementalists Meteor hits very hard especially with quick cast and their frost cloud does great damage, but it’s not up front burst like you want.

Wiz 3 > Thaum 3 > Rune Caster Rune of Destruction could do huge damage with all buffs on, feels very much like casting ultima tons of damage, but then you kinda have nothing for a while >_<

That’s the main ones I could think of. Right now, I’m leveling the wizard following the latter build. It seems so cheesy and cool… And not very viable for solo ^^

Why not musketeer’s snipe?

Since you guys all want me to use ice apparently, how about this build instead:

Or this one:

What even is that combo? Because from what I saw on Psy’s skills, there’s nothing that can “Explode” the ice walls. Bosses can hit through ice walls now, and swap doesn’t work on them, and ice walls get destroyed after a certain amount of hits.

One of the main reasons I don’t want to use “Ice” specifically, is because it’s an element, which is why I made the “Runic Destroyer” build:

Elementalist/Musketeer. This is, for single hit.

1 Like

At least you aren’t beating around the bush. :stuck_out_tongue: But seriously, do you have any specific builds for those two?

I don’t, I went for more consistent DPS builds :x

Kinos PP on ice walls. Each wall hit will shoot a little ice bolt.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve been trying to get my brain around it. It doesn’t seem as useful now when you put it that way.

If you’re going Elementalist then you should go wiz 3 > Ele 3 > Wl Current best dps in the game. You can probably find a guide laying around somewhere.

Warlock? Hmm… The main reason I chose elementalist is because of the ice attacks and petrify. If a rune caster buffer is in the party, they can always use the ice rune for me. Warlock isn’t really a thing if I go all ice for that reason.

Kino has high damage through pp+wall combo, but we have to consider some things:

• It can be interrupted
  • 1 min cooldown on icewall
  • If we talk about multiple hits, nothing beats Wugushi, which is more consistent and safe

And is there a specific build for high damage for it?

you mean kino or wugushi?

Sadly rune of ice doesn’t effect Eles 2 main dps skills (which are ice) because they’re deployment skills and it doesn’t affect deployment skills. That’s the main reason people go warlock.

Rune of Ice affects all Cryo skills and gives them good dps, however Rune Caster is not very good without quick cast as all their skills have 8 second cast time. So with a cryo build it would just be nice to have a rune caster in the party.

Also, everyone says the ele petrify is bad, I have no idea why.