Tree of Savior Forum

High DEX build?

Which class is good with high DEX stat? and what build do you recommend?

I think we’re getting off topic. I’m asking which build suits better for high DEX stat. I’m not asking if DEX or STR is better.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Fletcher benefit a great deal from Dex. As for end game pve Dex is better.
Dex is love; Dex is life.

2 Likes

I don’t calculate with 0 crit resistance. My theory and your theory are obv. different. We have debated about this on your thread lol.

If you are planning ET then SR with high STR. But I’m talking about general Archer build. Dex is better there’s no denying it. Your stats might be for ET but I’m talking about all-round. Since I don’t run ET as much on my Fletcher - have CryoChrono for that. I like to be realistic when it comes to stats/build.

1 Like

I’ll give you reasons why Dex is better;

1. Swift Step 25% Crit Rate + 15% Evasion = you need Dex to benefit from that.
  2. With higher STR you need high Cons
  3. Rank 8 has high skill base damage = Dex benefit more from that + Crit dmg scale really good with DEX
  4. DEX saves a lot of silver. Repair Cost + LV.10 Condense HP Pot
  5. Seeing lots of yellow damage :smiley:
  6. Higher Evasion is really nice since you don’t get knock around as much = More dps time.
  7. Don’t need to party with Chrono just for more crit rate. You don’t need to rely on chrono for contents. It’s not like you see buncha Chrono walking around and asking for party.
  8. You can gain damage % from attributes but you can’t buy crit rate or evasion.
  9. Leather increases damage (gloves / boots). It just scale better with Dex because Leather’s evasion masteries. I know many people say Plate for end-game but I find myself having an easier time with Leather set. At around 1000 Evasion it’s really easy to solo content.
  10. Dex is amazing in PVP if you are into that.

TL;DR Get DEX high enough crit rate/evasion then put the rest into STR.

I like CryoChrono play style better since CC + Chrono is amazing.

2 Likes

Linker/Chrono is not a must. CryoChrono works too.
I’ll quickly run Crystal Mine and upload it later.

I prefer CryoChrono to LinkerChrono. They have better utility if your group is already strong.

I also believe, depending on gear and build, DEX is typically stronger than STR.

Now there are a lot of “ifs” and “buts” to that statement.

For example, if you’re using 3 (or 4 if gear allows) level 8+ green gems, DEX starts to lose value quickly.

If you’re using a lot of multi-hit abilities with generally low tooltip damage, STR starts to gain value quickly.

The general rule of thumb is:

STR is better than DEX until you have a +5 220 weapon or better (or approximately 700~800 PAtk).

DEX then becomes better than STR until approximately 750 buffed Crit Rate.

STR then becomes permanently better than DEX.

However with the introduction of R8 around the corner, with massive tooltip damage compared to anything current, and the release of new and better weapons, we may see DEX become permanently or near-permanently better than STR.

2 Likes

Yes, endgame PVE, dex wins, and Cryo is good with Chrono, quit lying to people. I prefer Cryo3Chrono3 over Linker2Chrono3. It’s better for our group.

2 Likes

CryoChrono is the best cc support.
DEX is better I have uploaded a video showing evasion/crit
All-round: Dex is King.

Not taking damage means your group can put out more damage.

I’m clearing ET15 (tech 19) with my character with 100 con and 238 dex, 0 STR.

We also run a CryoChrono, because we all prefer it over a LinkerChrono. We made our LinkerChronos reroll.

And what buffs, exactly, do you intend to share that is considered crucial?

Quick Cast without attribute?
Running Shot? (QS3 in ET, LOL)
Gungho without attribute?

You’re telling us that sharing buffs is better than having Frost Pillar/Ice Wall? :joy: