Tree of Savior Forum

Here's what you could contribute to stop this stupid system

Boycott the upcoming leticia cubes. Golden doggo is just an obvious reskin of goro. Cubes are representation of virtual gambling as it’s finest. Don’t support a stupid system that would exploit you as long as you pay that $$$. With these horrible drop rates / no sure drop rate system, you’d only feel regret for purchasing a stupid gacha for a shitty game that doesn’t seem to care about the voices of the playerbase.

images

12 Likes

Never bought any gacha cubes with real money in the first place, but you cant stop the whales from being whales. :tired:

16 Likes

Like people never tried to start a boycott before… and about the same cubes too.

5 Likes

i dont want to offend anyone but only idiots buying gotcha in this game …

5 Likes

Sure, insult people of idiot is a good way to make them understand your point of view. If you have nothing intelligent to post, don’t post.

1 Like

Im just leaving the game until they get their sh1t together
Gacha bs wont help the game economy and the balances will be fun for just a week and once the free reset is over we will get into another hiatus of population

4 Likes

People doesn’t need to stop playing simply due to gacha though.

Bad system? Yeah. But at least it isn’t fully p2win nor cash shop weapons etc.

Everything new gets old but all progress towards good directions are still progress. Things might get better in future.

Now, if only we get ktos content faster so there’s no gaps between updates, we wouldn’t have many people taking breaks waiting months for the small progress steps :x lot of room for improvement

5 Likes

There’s nothing much we can do. Whales will be whales and IMC will still continue to handle itos as it is now, by gacha and big gaps between updates. Is there anything that tells you something different will happen?

2 Likes

This is the #1 thing keeping me from enjoying the game. The downtime between content updates while Ktos gets something every couple of weeks. I really enjoy new content and then it’s logging in a few minutes here and there just waiting.

9 Likes

Yet… if it goes the same way other Nexon games, then…

And I know that Nexon is not the main publisher, but they are lurking around, waiting their chance… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

gatcha is not so bad if % of getting something is not so lov (like in korea) in europe is DEFINITELY too lov… so sorry how else can I describe this?

btw we still so many patches behind >< but yeah bring new USELESS DOG pet in to the game is VERY important ._. this game starting to be sad imo

1 Like

I used to ignore the cubes when I thought people wanted goro or other cosmetics from it.

Then I saw this famous whale on Telsiai actually spamming these cubes to get Lv9 Gem out of abrasives and Diamond Anvils…

This changed my view about the cubes completely. Good lord this is one sad P2W path

I believe these items should be removed from the damn cube and should be part of an end game reward that we don’t have, instead of being a cash shop item.

16 Likes

Yeah, Diamond Anvils and Lv 9/10 Abrasives should be obtainable from quests/missions or something like that, it’s really unfair what is happening in this game, Diamond Anvils for example, the cheapest I can find now is 40kk, this is really expensive, there’s nothing more p2w than that: a exclusive gacha item that only those who can afford to buy lot of cubes can get, a diamond anvil is more valuable than some rare masinios recipes (like pike, dagger, rapier and 1h sword), I don’t like how things are evolving and I’m a customer too but at this point I just feel exploited to the bones.

9 Likes

I knew it “recovered” because we actually got some content in the 25 September patch, after a dull summer

Another $162 for two more doges xd /jk

Played for less than a month :tired:

What brings back players are the actual updates. Like this one in September 2017 https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1112

A lot of people have been voicing out their opinions both here in the forums (to the staff) and in game (to GMs) and they’ve been falling to deaf ears. IMC is just so intent on keeping the gacha system because it’s working for them. Whales who spend thousands of tp come and go every now and then and I think that’s their main market for this.

The problem is this system isn’t sustainable. This system is meant to milk the cash out of the remainder of the player base. It’s meant to feed on people who have problems with addiction, those who can’t handle their impulses saying: “One more try, I’m sure I’m going to get what I want in just one more try.” You can even see in the content of the Leticia cubes how unfair they are. You have very similar items in the same category. 500 and 1000 attribute points? Just 1 piece blessed shard? lv9 and lv10 gem abrasives in the same category? token box (5x) and token box (10x) in one category? 3 different types of attribute boxes in one category. Golden anvil box and a single piece of golden anvil in one category. They obviously just stuffed all these in so that you’d have less chances to get what you actually want.

What about the rest of the player base? What if the numbers keep dwindling down to the point that nobody actually recommends this game anymore? How will IMC bait more whales into buying gachas?

Personally I don’t mind the leticia cube. I understand that it’s there to help out the game and the new players/whales who would want to catch up with the rest of the population. Also the fact that some of the items in there can be obtained with hard work or through events. What I don’t mind is how cosmetics and companions are in the gacha when initially they weren’t, as well as the ridiculous amount they’re now locked behind in. They’re basically telling players to “buy hundreds of our gacha to have a small chance in getting what you want and in the end still not get it so buy more gacha” instead of “hey here are costumes/companions/special effects in the tp shop you can buy to help support us in continuing the development of this game”

11 Likes

spends 5000 euros on cubes to get 1 slightly upgraded weapon, surely p2w

No one sane would do that, you better rmt at that point, the cash shop $ to silver ratio is too low.

Just look at goro, only dumbasses would buy it in the market the first day, and after some days it was already around 40m, just look at his drop chance and what you can do with 40m(nothing).
Same goes for halloween costumes and all the other things, the only thing that remains valuable is stuff that actually help the community indirectly (outside of dia anvils).

Abrasives make it so lvl7 gems are more easily available for everyone in the shop, same thing goes for tokens and practo.
If we had no gacha no one would probably sell tokens in the market since the $ratio of those is even worse when buying directly from steam.

For the same reason they cannot discout or introduce anything else. If the price of dresses in $ gets too low, or if they introduce anything else cheaper than token(character slots?) as a lower level currency no one will resell tokens.

The problem stems from the cost of a token and the fact that everything else is balanced aroud trading it in the market.

4 Likes

“this cube is able to bring back more players” as well as killing more players in the run. Sure it helped you whatnot, but the mere fact you were able to get back in game using leticia cubes is a clear justification that the gameplay leans towards p2w. And your argument for voicing out our opinions towards the staff, yes this is a public outcry; as well as other forum posts about these ridiculous gachas. The more people know about the current atricioties the better it is for the playerbase to be heard. You are free to defend IMC, sure that’s fine, but when things are too much, it’s inevitable to have threads like these.

2 Likes

This is a debate as old as time,dude.

The gacha system its self is not at all the best, but in the end the game does need money to run and naturally, they want a system that’s going to get people to spend as much as possible. This is how most any company works, none of them have pure squeaky clean intentions. The underlying motive is always money.

Boycotting this will not work, I witnessed this myself on TinierMe. If anyone else frequented that site, you’ll remember what happened after users protested there.

If you hate a system like that, there is always another way to get what you want. It’s more work, sure; but games need their whales and even occasional spenders to stay afloat. On a personal note, the Leticia Cubes in particular aren’t that bad of a deal and you can resell a number of things in it to get something you want more. Certainly a better deal than the blessed cubes.

2 Likes

Wish there was a dislike button. People defending this cube make me sick.

3 Likes