Tree of Savior Forum

Help with my Chrono (offensive support) build

Hello, forgive me for any silly mistakes, English is not my native language!

My build idea is a full PvE offensive support that will rely on Pass to spam Magic Missiles while having Linker and Chrono skills to help the party.
It’s also investing on future, since some new rank 8 class could make good use of Quick Cast and its attribute buff and also benefit from Pass.

I would like to ask what is the recommended CON for my build, and if it is viable to play with this idea. I have yet to meet higher levels, but I’ve read here in the forum that CON gets more important beyond higher levels and I may have a bit of lag sometimes, so a bit extra CON is necessary to help me survive, the problem is that I don’t know how much a common Wizard spends in CON in the first place. I think I will be getting aggro of more monsters than usual because of my Magic Missile spam, so it’s possible that I will need to invest even further in CON.

Since I will be using Chrono and Linker buffs for the party and spamming Pass, Quick Cast and Magic Missile, I will be spending a lot of mana, and I don’t know if the mana potions will be enough for me or if I will need to spend some points in SPR. Is 2int:1con:1spr good enough? Should I go 2con:2spr:1int or that would be an exaggeration?

Should I really take Linker or another class in R4? Will it be of any use without being C2?

Edit: since Reflect Shield got a nerf, do you guys have any suggestion on where to spend points instead? The nerf has been implemented in Korean ToS but have yet to come to our version, right?

I don’t think mixing Wiz3 and Chrono3 is a good idea. Wiz3 is mostly taken for QuickCast, and Chrono3 don’t have any damage or casting time. And you take Surespell 6, but the only skills with a casting time in your entire build is Sleep and Energy Bolt, so it will be useless.

I understand you want to do double Magic Missile, but i really think it’s a bad idea to build a whole char around this. You won’t have damage at all, Magic Missile is not a main damage skill lategame. Unless you’re playing with a falconer (Circling + Magic Missile is devastating).

You should find something else than Wiz3
Wiz>Cryo3>Chrono3
Wiz>Cryo>Linker2>Chrono3
Or something like that… for better utility.

If you still want to do Wiz3>Linker>Chrono3, i suggest full CON. You won’t benefit much from INT on this build, and you can get Animus later to get some magic amplification with your CON. Don’t invest in SPR, use sp potion. And you can remove this Surespell points and put them in Energy Bolt for faster Energy Bolt TAP (pushback can replace enemies in aoe/cancel casting). Reflect shield is super bad anyway and Earthquake at 1 is better.

he’s aiming for a late game build revolving around the damage from quick cast and future ranks, i’d say just go ahead and make this build but you’ll feel lackluster compared to other chronos… for now that is.

Thanks for the replies, please allow me to explain better.

I chose Wiz3 because of Quick Casts attribute that gives +50% magic attack damage for any other skill that I use to attack. Magic Missile has overheat, but I still can only use it twice before it goes into cooldown. Without Chrono I will have a 17 seconds interval between cooldowns, with Chrono’s Pass I will be able to use it four times in a row or maybe more, I’m not sure. For now I will have just a few skills to take advantage from this (Magic Missile and Energy Bolt) but with future ranks I think this could be really important.

I understand well that Cryo3>Chrono3 is a fairly better support option, thing is I’m not after being the very best support, instead I wanted an unique build that could offer support and provide some DPS at the same time.

‘You won’t have damage at all, Magic Missile is not a main damage skill lategame.’ This is what matters, this is the thing that kept me worrying if it was worth it. I don’t know how much time will it take for rank 8 and above classes to be released, so I already expected to suffer for a bit because of that, but if it’s the case of the skill being completely useless in lategame, then it’s probably not viable, at least at the current present.

Thank you for your advices about CON and Energy Bolt, the reason I leveled Reflect Shield after the nerf was for its function of preventing flinching/hitstun from mobs, so I can keep running even if I take damage.

About SPR, I’m afraid I will run out of SP with only SP potions, because that is the case when I go in the level 50 dungeon, I need to use my skills with high intensity and I barely manage to not run out of SP. When I get Chrono3 and be able to use Pass I will burn SP even more, I’m not sure if even the Alchemist’s potions will be enough, what do you think?

As Nafff said, I’m investing my hopes in the future, but maybe it’s time to go level another character while new ranks aren’t released so I can get to know the game better.

I had wondered about this build before choosing to go to the classic cryochrono (You might find my post from about 2 months ago asking similar questions). I’m very excited to know what you will find and what will you make out of this build. Keep upgrading us :smiley:

P.s.: I just did not go with this build myself because I’m very hopefull about future support ranks, so I was afraid of going for this “future dps support build” and regret it later. I’m a coward.

I played Wiz3/Link1/Chrono3 till ~230. Ive chosen a stat distribution of 3:1=Int:Con (Around 14k HP at 230)

You should improve your 2 main cannon setups as much as you can, to make solo play as much as possible enjoyable.

1. Cannon: Pull - Sleep - EnergyBolt (dont forget Sleep Damage Attri)
  2. Cannon: Pull - JP - Hang - MagicMissle

I have both attribute damage on lv50 (Skills were on 15 and 5) and it felt solid.You are not the best damage dealer, of course, but its so damn usefull for party play and the high INT + Quicken bypasses the time you have nothing ready (AA). Both rots wont give you mob aggro, while they still 1 shot a lot of mobs. There is not much need for CON.

If you can manage to get the Skill Gem for JP you can link 6 targets. If Rank8 is available, you can choose Linker2 for 8 Targets + SChain, which becomes then extremly strong, i think ;). Warlord on R8 is also a solid choice.

Just do it. After Haste lv5, i really could enjoy it…but always keep in mind, that you are a support, not the best DD.

There first time i had problems was after Alameth Forest. The next forrest contains archers, that hitted me for 13k. Also, Sentry Balley and the areas connected after were pretty hard for me. Before that, i was struggling nowhere really.

Edit1: The main reason why i playing an other build right now is, that im relatively new and want to test some things. Since my first two chars where support (Cleric/Pala/Priest and Wiz/Link/Chrono) i just wanted to do DD. I didnt stop playing it, because it was bad :wink:

Edit2: You dont need Spirit. Spirit sucks balls. Your mana will burn pretty fast, since you are nearly continously using skills (CC, Cannons, Pass etc). Spirit wont do a ■■■■.

Edit3: My Magic Missle was doing like 25-30k damage to EACH mob, if they are linked. (3-4k Damage each hit and it hits like 10 times). For the Truffles in Alameth, in example, i needed 2 full rots around (They have 80k HP)

Hope it helps a bit :wink:

well sorry for my bad english to , im playing the same build,almost full con and a bit of spi, im lvl 210, i was searching info about reflect shield to but seems to be a bad skill maybe lather if they buff it , i have another combo whit wizard c3 link1 chrono3 , debuf the mob whit lethagy cast joint and hangmans an then eartquake, it will deal a Little bit more tan magic misile since lethargy gives 100%more damage to earthquake and 50% more from joint atribute and x2 from the joint so it will be decent damage the thing is, chrono 3 allows you to do it again and joint penalti debuf stacks so u can have 3 stacks of this debuf :slight_smile: , that makes me think in desmodus c3 sorcerer since is the only other earth spell, that makes viable wizard 3 link1 sorce 3 for evocation to because it seems to have a delay on it so u can joint evocation
and hangmant know for doublé damage of evocation and triple for desmodus , tha will be if lethargy Works on desmodus to

im 5:1 con spi, whit 3 plate and mage gloves , i dont have sp problems whit alche pots, that makes me fell that i could have go full con and wear cloth and be fine
another thing earthquake breaks joint penalti if you fail to knock up one moster whit joint however, if they are joined u can energy bolt them in the air for doublé damage of EB since dosnt need hangmans knot for x2 damage
another trick is that u can cast joint then slepp and the hangmans knot to the sleep then eartquake followed by EB x2 damege of joint plus slepp this has skill cap since u need to know the skills mechanics to not break the link , and for this u need quicken at least lvl 10 since it helps to start casting another skill a liitle bit faster, is ping dependent to , this is for pvp , since u can just sleep mobs first, alternatively u can drag them to your slow or lethargy .
magic misle deals a fair amount of damage on his own , and its prety cool if u mix it whit linker stuf but it have 17 sec coldown , that afther u burts u will be prety much doing nothing besides joint penalti have a hit limit, let your team use it.
u can be full con and use animus its the meta since gives you magic amplificación based an your hp recovery , besides con gives you block rate , u can use a shield and be a tank to, most of our damage comes from enchants and atributes
u can chose thauma c4 instead of linker but for the future i see more potential on linker since the damage is % and thauma is flat
about cryo3 chrono 3christmas tree is cool but we have the debuff powa of doublé joint debuf that cant be blocked by plague doctor :slight_smile: op doble sleep, and quickast
And i almost forget it , lvling induces suicide

Well for all the build i looked at and theory build I made, I advice you not to rely on a single spell. That goes with classes too, i mean that you don’t want to choose a class only for 1 skill, it should be a build which is good from the start to the end and not only the probably end. It would be more efficient to take wizard C3 then Thaumaturge C3 and go full Int to be prepared because Chrono is a SUPPORT class which means that it is meant for party, not for you.