Tree of Savior Forum

Help with Cryo solo DPS build

I have a Wizz 1 - Cryo1 - Kino 3, and so far I have been soloing well, the ice wall + PP combo is still a good way to DPS and defeat bosses fast. Now that I got gravity pole in kino C3, im thinking about cryo 2 (for better icewall) > Warlock > Sage.

Gotta say: I do suffer sometimes with my casts being cancelled, so you gotta play very strategically if you dont’ have surespell. I thought about Rune Caster just because it’s funny, but definitely go Warlock>Sage if you wanna a fun cryo DPS.

Take a look at these builds:

Hope these info helps you!

Sound nice bit i want a cryo3, because frost pilar its so amazing, and for me i think than kino is more for PvP think. Bit thank you for the help.

What about something like Wiz3 / Cyro 3 / Rune 1 (for damage buff to ice and icewall combo? or does Kino need to be in it for the damage to spike fast enough?

Hmmm imo Kino has a really good affinity with Cryo, you will be the best control available in game. Raise and magentic force are both realllyy annoying in PvP lol

If youre going cryo 3 maybe rune caster is still a good option due to the 300% ice dmg.
:slight_smile:

Yeah kino cryo rune is a good combo for this i decide to made a build with this 2 XD my actual build is

W3>cryo>kino>rune>linker>FF.

becase idk if take sage , because FF give me heal, and this is really important for soling.

I do not recommend taking Featherfoot 1 at rank 8. I do not think featherfoot will offer you much, imagine this, If you want HP, you need to use blood sucking and maybe get insurata gloves. But more importantly, your build will go very high int for more ice wall pp damage.
Which means, your max HP is very low. I think Featherfoot only really shines with transpose in thaum C1 because you have so much HP to heal when you activate transpose.

If you run sage its still pretty good because of missile hole which will help you with ice wall pressure combo and give you good defense against pesky range mobs.

If you take linker 2, you get spiritual chain, but more importantly, joint penalty level 10 which links 8 mobs for more damage with magic missile and joint penalty combo. And remember, Linker 2s are much better in grinding parties than linker 1s which means finding party and grinding at level 280++ to 300++ would be less painful.

Your main mobbing combo of joint penalty> hangman’s knot> magic missile will be even more powerfull and can still clear 8 mobs in 1 go easily in 1 rotation. So i think linker 2 is the better option.

I should add that sage’s missile hole can last 100s and block 16 hits at level 5, cooldown is 31 secs, which means 100% uptime or protection from ranged attacks.

i dont think its worthy to take RC just for the IW+PP combo. The IW at lvl 5 cant endure PP for much time, it breaks too fast. Imo taking rune caster just to boost a cryo c1 combo that is all or nothing is a waste… If you miss or the boss move youll have to wait a whole minute to try the combo again, and the RC skills take too long to cooldown. Maybe linker 2 sage 1 as Resonant said above would fit nice in your build.
However, i still think RC is really funny. And that costume is awesome tbh. Hehe :slight_smile:

yeah its true but sage give me just 16 hit, this hits are so little, for defense i think cryo gives a little bit more with subzero shield and the atributte, but i want a extra damage for this i get FF because the damage from kunadachi and BS is pretty nice.
or the other option is leave Wizard on just one rank and get thauma and FF2 for BC.

yes it ends fastly but if you have aundra staff you will have lvl7 IW, and it is enoght for a little more damage, and i will use mostly for bosses, because for kill mobs i think than FF will be help with the RC skils.

I am Wiz3Cryo3Runecaster1thauma1

For my experience i can tell you:

Wiz3 helps a lot with leveling with magic missiles at most stages of the game, so everything is good.
With Cryo 3 you can deal some nice damage with Snow rolling, and ice pikes are also strong if you cast them from a good angle, since multiple pikes can hit 1 target.

Leveling it solo, it’s kind of painful once you get 100k mobs. You either Rune of Destruction or Rune of Ice + Snow rolling to kill mobs.

Getting to rank 8 implied dedication, but thanks to the CC of cryo it wasn’t THAT hard.

Killing high hp mobs will mostly always require you to use Ice wall o kill them at a good pace, or else you will always take like 40 seconds to kill them (in groups).

Unluckily Ice mages aren’t very offensive in this game, you need to invest a lot of money in attributes and upgrading gear.

And having said this, i found playing wiz3cryo3 fun. It’s all about timng CC, you can make enemies perma cc with sleep and freeze rotations. It consumes a lot of SP since you use a lot of low dmg spells.

If you really feel like playing it you should try. If you simply want to take cryo1 and not invest til cryo3 you could get kino, warlock, rune caster, and many other classes which have more damage.

The build i like the most for some cryo solo play action is:
Wiz3cryo1kino1runecaster1warlock2

It gives the icewall + pp burst, aoe damage with rune of destruction, some extra damage on ice pikes and ice bolts (i have dealt 70k per icepike cast on bosses at lvl 280) Nice single and AoE with Warlock, and some good utility from kino too.

PD: to whoever wonders “who the hell goes wiz3cryo3rc1thauma1”.
I must say I am a Railgun memer (Ice wall + Energy Blast). My build is focussed around max damage for that combo.

Thank you so much for your explain :D, right now i have many ice chars XD i made a W3Ele3WL2, but i dont like anything WL, i get Cryo3>Chrono3 but i dont feel as a suport on my life XD, one last as cryo3 and right now i have a W2>kino>cryo, but idk what next, you build its really interesent, but i still asking to my self what kind of damage its more important in the moment of soling, the burst damage that give kino>cryo>RC or many atack to kill many mobs.

for now i will keep maybe just W2 because if i think with RC the IW+PP its 300% already with QC is just 350%, and i want FF on my build XD, why i dont take cryo3 because snow rolling dont do to much damage, some videos i see than the ppl made w>croy3>linker2>FF2 but without surespell its hard to hit, i just learn with PP.

Well if you go FF2 i would suggest w2cryo1kino1thauma1runecaster1FF2
in case you are going full int for the transpose for the blood explosion.

If you have an Animus, being full INT you can get + 400 MAMP easily on either Tank mode or DPS mode, so it’s kinda good, plus you get swell arm with attributes it +212 MATK right now on circle 1, and it’s gonna get buffed. Also swell enemies can help you get extra drops from shiny mobs.

I don’t know anyother class for rank5 actually, i guess sorc could help or something. Hope you have fun with whatever you go :slight_smile:

this could be a amazing build but T_T it miss the linker and sadly is necesary XD, FF is single atack skills T_T.

oh wow, I think your the first guy to take those paths for ice mage, maybe once the ice necklace comes that build would be op for cc and damage, most ice mages took wiz1cryo3ele3, whay didn’t you take that route?

this is my final desicion, yeah i know i miss many thinks but i win others XD and i took my favorite burst damage in the game, tell me if you like it :smiley: and if dont too.

Its a bad build, wiz2? might as well take wiz3 or just wiz1, you’re missing out a lot of damage for your FF which will be your main dps, you wasted 3 circles for a gimik burst that won’t do much damage, and have a long CD, icewall5 breaks so fast. But if that’s is your final decision then no one can change your mind, but its a terrible build.
if you really like that 1min CD gmik brust just remove wiz2, late game you either get 1 shot with range or magic mobs, no use doing wiz2 for sure spell since FF2 can already fly, I’m just not sure if you can use icewall + PP combo while flying

Well FF2 blood explosion is AoE, but yeh i got no experience in FF so no idea. I would personally go thauma instead of Linker but yeah. Also, use Audra for lvl 7 walls, will be important for the burst. and never link icewalls lol.

Yeah FF2 can fly but idk if its enought to hit with BS because there is magic mobs and archers that can hit me.

what you think is a good combo cryo/FF? i still having a cryo3 XD

Yeah audra is for sure a weapon for this build with instaura gloves, yeah i think it on a moment but linker gives me poison damage of 50% and its a good help.