Tree of Savior Forum

Help/question/info - Sorcerer card summons ~ Auto attack only? Wth?

Wait wait wait… field bosses ONLY drop for the top 6 DPS? That’s a load of crap and needs changed. Although honestly the other summons should be tweaked to be more useful on the topic of sorcerer but…

How is a sorcerer going to even get said cards to begin with if they can’t compete with regular DPS assuming they’re pyro meaning their fireball gets swatted away immediately.

Just for non sorcerer players to know there’s very little up to date info on summons and how they work. Most of the info on the forums is from the CBT and somewhat out of date and some summons there is little to no info at all on. On the upside when i hit sorc c2 later today i will be making videos of every summon i have and their abilities so others don’t have to suffer lol

I don’t see why you’re so upset at other people? Like, you made an assumption (even if it was subconscious) that summons would be able to do certain things. You didn’t look into that. You were wrong. I mean, I don’t wanna be a jerk, but that’s not really anyone else’s fault but your own?

You can say that IMC did a bad job with the summoner class, and that it doesn’t live up to the fantasy of being a summoner. But that’s an entirely different discussion than “I ranked into a class and it’s not what I expected.”

1 Like

We want programmable AI for the Sorc’s devil °°

… At that point maybe it should just become like Digimon World’s attack system. Well the remake I mean, that also had the command to position your digimon, block, use attacks, etc.

You’d think with a complex build/class system like tos people would spend 1 minute of their time to look at the class they are choosing.

Sorcerer is definitely not in a trash state. If played well, it is very powerful.

1 Like

Party up with at least 2 DPS classes so your party gets a very high chance of getting loot. I agree though that the limit should be more.

i legit did the 90 dungeon 3x today insteady of 175 because rerolling for cards was affordable there.
Got two necroventer cards today --.
Too bad flipping dungeons nerfed from 5 because it hurts Sorcs even more.
If you level your TS its strong, but the flipping effort -

shrugs this is what i found with my literally 2 minutes of searching.
if that happens to be pretty much the extent of the info available anywhere for Sorcs in this game, then i can’t really help that.
i’ve never played a Sorc, and i’ve never even been interested in it.

but that’s the summation of my knowledge: the mechanics are weak. the summons basically just AA stuff. the AI is roughly comparable to letting your dog gnaw on a controller.

much of the rest of the thread seems to think Sorc is -not- trash.

you want to blame someone else, because you couldn’t be bothered to spend a few minutes looking around to see what the class plays like, and what its strengths and weaknesses are.

but you made the assumption. you didn’t do the homework.

i have a krivis 2, for a melee build cleric because i didn’t bother to ask around what makes a good melee cleric.

hell, instead of wasting more time here, that’s exactly what i’m gonna go do.

Honestly the loot should go to anyone participating… the game discourages you normally from partying so why is it all of a sudden pushing it in some aspects? Plus I mean, you could get there to see a field boss no one announced it and no one wants to party… then as someone else said the level 200s get word and swarm it.

That’s really flawed… I know giving the loot to everyone who does a hit is flawed too but… good grief.

I get your point. Me and my friend found a Violent Cerberus but both of us didn’t have a megaphone at the time so I actually went back to the city, bought one and announced where it was. After the boss died I didn’t get anything which was very disappointing to say the least.

So far IMC has been trying to add patches that will benefit us. It might be slow, but let us give it some time. Issues such as ‘If only’ factors that could be fixed by patches when brought to attention. Don’t give up hope so quickly, lol.

Well, lets hope. Otherwise this is going to escalate yet again into “why does the system punish defensive and support classes”.
I mean good luck getting any loot from field bosses if you are tank or full support.

“I did no research on my class, and had an expectation for a class to be what i wanted it to be, and it’s not that so the game is ■■■■!” - OP

It works like this:

• Top 5 damage dealers get cubes only.

Their parties get cubes too. If the top 5 are in the same party they get multiple cubes.

Supports basically at some point in the game are worthless to a top DPS class.

If you roll a top damage dealing build you can solo and get a cube without a party as the entire party’s damage isn’t calculated as a total.

Also during boss fights I’ve seen multiple people use hacks and exploits in the game to basically deal 100x hits in 10 seconds. Cataprach is one such class. Archer is another that can break their attack animation by cancelling it dealing 10x hits per second. Most consider these to be legitimate ways of playing the game.

The class is everything i expected it to be, except you know.
Summons are not balanced and only like 3 cards are worth using. 1 if you involve temple shooter.
The AI is stupid as hell and in c1 you are forced to go along with it.

The class is everything i expected it to be.
The summons (on which ironically there is barely any information) are in a pre-alpha state however. The entire system itself and the balance between individual summons is in shambles.
The irony is that you can hardly read up on this anywhere. Mainly because there is barely any information on it.

W/E tho. Im sure it doesnt matter to a troll who only stopped by to spit into the topic and move on.

Yeah about as legitimate as someone finding a way to insta kill them in the field where they are doing their ****.
There is nothing legitimate about animation cancel.

Hey fellow Sorc user here, the AI is terrible but i won’t consider this class as trash. Its pretty unique and fun considering that we mix and match cards that are pretty much useless on their own and turn them into summons to help us. Some summons have knock backs, some better for tanking and some are better for dps. Just pick what you like and enjoy it, because sooner or later they’re gonna give us quality of life fixes. Also, after giving up on the numbers game i started to enjoy it more and give this class a little more patience then before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t do this with my fs cleric, or my archer, so i rerolled, archer is going pretty much pure dex with some con (I like to be a tad tanky) my cleric is going msotly spr with some con (since alot of the debuffs and stoneskin scale on spr) as a full support my spells ain’t gonna do much, hell on my 62 priest, my auto attack hit harder than alot of other classes skills, with cafirsun set+sacrament+some elemental attack property headgear/gear (so it applys the dmg listed 3 times, once per hit).

Please do, for now the only differences I noted was the reduction of their max health to about 1/5 but defenses increased a lot and now they can be healed. I see them taking 20 damage it is so good.