Tree of Savior Forum

Help! Hop 2 Cata 2 Dragoon. Viable?

Hi, my current build is sword > pelt > hop2 > cata 1. Currently sitting at around level 140. I’ve been reading around the forum and found out that both hoplite and cata would require c3 for them to be effective. I was planning on going for a hop 2 cata 2 hybrid dragoon. Reason being that I could have 100% uptime for finestra and still be able to mount and have high mobility with trot although not with a 100% uptime. Main focus is PVE. Is this path viable? Or is it a waste of my time. Help needed PLEASE!

Leave that hoplite at C1, Having Rush as a cata 3 is better over 100% finestra uptime, you’ll know once you get to use it.

1 Like

Oh man, but I already have hop c2. Any other options? If i continue down my build, would it drop off bad late game?

At hop2 it is better to go doppel2 dragoon route for pve.

Thanks for the replies, but I dont understand what you meant by going doppel 2 then dragoon?

Well you have few choices,

Since you’re in hop2 , you need to give up on cata.
(Go for more dps based)

1. Hop2 > Corsair2 > Dragoon ( Build for Team Battle League + Grinding for items )

2. Hop3 > Doppel1 > Dragoon ( Popular DPS build )

3. Hop 3 > Corsair1 > Dragoon ( Not recommended )

or Shinobi path which is nice.

1. Hop2 > Corsair 2 > Shinobi (This build is currently the highest burst dps build for swordsma)

2. Hop3 > Doppel1 > Shinobi.

** To be honest , DPS builds favor spear over swords.

go hop c3 since you already hop c2. Or you can go corsair then shinobi.
doppel c2 is not good since you will switch to 2h sword which is totally not compatible with Hoplite finestra.

Thanks for the advice guys. But the problem im facing at the moment is that i’m already at hop c2 and cata c1. Would a reroll be the only option left? T.T

Too bad to say… Yes you need to reroll… Otherwise you will lack 1 rank (meaning hop2 >cata3 > dragoon 1 / lancer 1)

• No dragoon c2 for you.

Unless you don’t really mind it.

reroll and get highlander > hop 3>dragoon, and u can go pelt instead of highlander, but i prefer highlander. or reroll and get the catagoon pvp meta (cus it works) to go with lancer

Cata3 lancer could work, but I’m not always ok with picking lower rank circles at a higher rank (e.g. you could have gotten cata3 at rank6).

Dopel might be an exception for a rank7 pick if Dragoon and Shinobi are neither options.

Best advice would be to reroll I guess. You’re not that far yet in your current level.

1 Like

Guess I’ll have to reroll. Thanks everyone for the help. Appreciate it.

Hi Ties,

While you might have rerolled already for the better, and all the ones above are surely on point about the standard builds your route is actually fine :).

I have both high leveled spearmen characters of the Standard Meta builds of
Swordsman > Pelt > Hoplite > Cata3 > Dragoon and
Swordsman > Pelt > Hoplite 3 > Doppelsoldner > Dragoon

and I made an altered version of the hoplite path build by replacing hoplite 3 with cata just for the fun and experiment.

Swordsman > Pelt > Hop > Cata > Hop > Dopel > Dragoon

and because I wanted a fusion of both, same reasoning of the finestra and stabbing purposes. Its not to bad If you don’t mind losing a slight damage of dps for the mount and a short mobility and it’s very PVE friendly too.

Cyclone will be you’re AOE for rank 6 strong skill but you will dismount and you may find yourself having trouble mounting in the middle of battle so you consider that too.

besides we’re gonna have rank 8 sometime soon so there’s that.

Again, The ones above are totally on point on things so they’re not wrong.
I’m just trying to share my experiment and not leading you to a ruined build and based on having all three, its totally fine man if you’re not to crucial.

wish you the best.

man, follow your dreams, a hop2/cata2/dragoon … it looks nice

wont beat a cata c3.

this build will not work, dragoon c2 or dragoon > lancer will jst be stronger.

True that cataphract need c3 to be 100% effective but i can say hoplite can carry itself good at c2 because finestra is spammable at that point and level 10stabbing + spear lunge already available at c2.
I am a Level 200 sw1 pelt1 hop1 cata3 im still thinking on what to get next dragoon or just get sw2 then sw3 for restrain combining with rush would be good in pvp or just jump to hoplite c2 to increase my damage to boss monster. I have pelt 1 i can just tank boss at mission and lure. I can farm easily with materials because of spammable trot giving 20 movespeed
You can go any path but it will be harder to get to new advancement as you level so think carefully what will benefit you best through your game.

pvp with your build is harder anyway, people who go sword 3 cata 3 just have easier time pvping.

i can still get sw3 at rank 8 as far as i know the level cap is level 600, but it will reduce my pve performance at a highrate. Its not too late and i was just giving the guy some tips because he will be going pve only and not yet thinking pvp.
He already jumped to cata1.

hmmm, what if I just get cata 2 then move on to dragoon and dragoon c2? would it be ok? Like I’ll get 100% uptime for finestra, spear lunge for additional pierce dmg to synergize with dragoon’s skills as well. and still have relatively high mobility with trot having a high uptime although not 100%. Only thing i’ll miss out on cata c3 would be 100% uptime for trot and rush. What do you guys think? I’m mainly doing pve as well so I dont really mind if there’re more optimized builds in pvp.