Tree of Savior Forum

Help! Hop 2 Cata 2 Dragoon. Viable?

it will also reduce your pvp performance
its just better to be a lancer or dragoon c2 at rank 8.

Drop Dragoon go Hop2 Cata3 many people run that build and they do fine pve wise.

1 Like

Hmmm, I haven’t tried that one so I couldn’t speak for the build but for the cons since you said your main focus is PVE.
I feel that by not taking a rank 6 class like dopel (even though it has no synergy) or a class 3 of cata at rank 6 you’ll be missing out a lot in terms of damage and aoe.

so its situational I guess. maybe someone who have tested the build might help explain the gameplay on the higher ups.

agree with you man. you can always take a rank 8 class when implemented

you already said sw3+cata3 get pvp easier, why does it sound like your saying now that it will reduce pvp performance? why not taking lancer at rank 9?probably im not aiming dragoon c2. Arent you sure about your answers?
IMO you cant just reroll and reroll your character as new strong meta is born, because youll end up with nothing.

You already have c2 hoplite w/c can be good on pve and boss. Getting cata c3 will give you rush aoe+damage you should also read the new patch aoe attack ratio of earthwave, doomspike and rush was increased. Rush damage was increase also with 70% resist getting c3 of it is worth it but you have your plan already we dont really know how good dragoon c2 + cata c2 build yet.

WTF dude, don’t listen to those noob.
You’re now at rank 5 and Cata1, correct?
Now you can choose,

1. Go Hop c3 then Dragoon c1 -> Dragoon c2 (rank 8)
  2. Go Corsair -> Shinobi ->Lancer (rank 8)
  3. Go Cata c2 -> Shinobi or Dragoon c1 -> Dragoon c2 (rank 8)

Or straight damage:
4. Go Doppel C1 (rank 6) -> Dragoon c1 -> Dragoon c2

For pve purpose!

omg, listen to those noob pain my ass.

he already said hes going cata2>>>Dragoon2 which is a good idea.
your noob idea going dop/corsair/shinobi will not synergy with cata1 making it wasted do you want him to mount and unmount as he use skill?
you talk about noobness???
c1 cor>>shinobi>>lancer what the??? it does go well with mount able skill.

lmao, you can go doppel since cyclone is the strongest skill for rank 6. And why not? Unmount to deal big damage since Cata c1 is for utility and 2H spears anyway. Note that you can use cyclone with spear.
Again, Cata c1 is fine for going through map and ez farm. No need to go higher than Cata c1.
Say no brainer about corsair utility.
And again, shinobi for yolo play style.

You don’t work with swordman much, do you?

Well yeah its a bright idea mount and unmount will give you another specialty, goodluck with that build never gonna go anywhere.

well swordsman- peltasta- hoplite 2- cataphract 3- lancer.

Leave dragoon.

2 Likes

i didnt tell you to reroll, i told you that your will not be as god as others
getting swordsman c3 at rank 7-8 and lancer c1 at rank 9 WILL be weaker than someone who took sw 3 c3 and ranks 1-6 and dragoon c1 and lancer c1 at rank 7-8, and then at rank 9 they’ll have lancer c2
you cannot argue with the fact that at ranks 9-10, being lancer 2-3 with only sword 3 is just better and an advantage over being hoplite 2
im sorry but your build is not optimized for pvp.
you can still pvp, it just wont be as good.
why go lancer c1 at rank 9, when you can go lancer c1 at rank 8?

I think zweg069’s build is the best here
Cata’s rush is the best damage skill of it, very useful, high damage (total damage), good cc, good aoe. It will be a waste if you just pick cata 2

as i said be4
maybe good for pve, not good for pvp
lancer is a pvp class, so taking it for pve isn’t really optimal imo not taking dragoon will just not be as good as other swordies who took swordsman c3 and dragoon at rank 7
in pve however it might work, it sems that the stats from finnestra and stabbing’s damage really makes the cata build great in pve, just dont expect to pvp with that.

As for pvp swordsman 2 hoplite 2 cataphract 3 lancer works well.

Dragoon too is tempting and good due to the + physical damage debuffs it offers on rank 2 but as for lancer we done know yet the scopes of the skills. Like the rumored dismount skill for mount users or a skill that destroys magic circle.

TL; DR in other words get cataphract 3 or reroll.

hoplite is not a pvp class, it doesn’t add anything to the pvp performance.
its just better to have a lvl 10 restrain.
dragoon c1 at rank 7 instead is just better, more CC and more damage.

It is too soon to say lancer will be useless in pve or only good at pvp. Even if lancer is a pure pvp class, its skills still can be good at pve

He want to make a pve build, guys
Pve or pvp, just make cata 3, he is good at both

Well the guy was planning to get cata2 and dragoon2 i dont think i can change his mind anymore by getting cata3 will be good in PVE.
but to make cata3 potentials be better in PVP it needs level 10 restrain to get as much stun to control the fight, please dont tell me level 10 restrain is not needed with rush.
And from all of this talking whom of you are cata with pelt? because it was his path, how could anyone just speculate anything if he doesnt have experience with it?

people who say that probably never played a swordsman c3.
still i dont like the idea, of taking a rank 6 class at rank 7. he just missed a rank. i’d reroll

restart character, also if you take advice from anybody in this topic, you will no doubt mess up your character again. i suggest you go read cathexis guide somewhere on the forums

1 Like