Tree of Savior Forum

[Help] Doppel C3

I’m building a PvP Doppel. Here’s what I’m building from advices I took from another topic in this forum:

Reason I don’t take Barb is because Hook at melee range allows you to use those small hitbox skills effectively and Doppel 3 get a skill/attribute that grants you +slash damage. So, it’s Hook versus Helm Chopper in the end of the day. Hook wins hands down.

One point in Thrust just for easy leveling (you really don’t need it) and for the possibility of inflicting Bleeding on stunned enemy.

I’m still unsure if I go Doppel c3 or Lancer though since I’m planning on mass PvP and not just duels. (Too many Cataphracts out there makes me want to create a different character but I can’t deny Lancers usefulness.)

1 Like

Can you give me more detail about mushroom?

Its done selfdamage?

Never know about its

Where’s your gap closer for PVP? No Murmillo, no Hoplite Long Stride no Cataphract c3, no Lancer.

Surely you’re not naïve enough to think you can get into melee range of the enemy just by dashing right?

Versus another physical character he doesn’t need one if he baits Crossguard for root… So technically he can dash er walk as a gap closer lol.

Murmillo might have the leap skill but with helmet on he’s slow so it’s likely he’ll need the enemies to be lured to him (shinobi for invis and then giant AoE stun? Is that why shinobis are going to have their clones copy shield skills?). Unfortunately, swordies have to rely on their pets to have some mobility so there’s no skill to act as a gap closer right now except Long Stride. There are two things in the build that might help getting close to the enemy: Cross Guard stagger (not sure if at lv.5 it’s enough to block effectively) and Keel Hauling. This is all theory though. I haven’t PvP’d with Highlander at high levels yet.

I skilled DOV but never used it since my aim was self sustainability.

Performance in PvE…hmm, my cyclone does about 4k± per hit with no attributes and dov.

So two cyclones on a group of elite mobs, and they die while I still have full HP thanks to high def and evasion. But tbh I don’t need too much evasion this is why I think HL is better. and meeting plate monsters is a nightmare, I have catacombs blade so it’s easier for me since it also affects sacrament lines when I auto attack.

@KnightXlll it poisons yourself

1 Like

Against wizards, cross guard is out of the question.

Hate to say this, but this is why Cataphract 3 is so much more superior in PVP.

Yup, only Lancers and Murmillos are going to be able to deal with Wizards. Let them go ahead while I focus any archer that jumps out of a bush, I say :stuck_out_tongue:

(We can’t win all fights. I won’t bother with wizards. That’s how I play swordies nowadays anyway…)

Sword 3 > Cata 3 > Dragoon 2 can also kill wizards nicely, especially with the new Serpentine debuff doubling physical damage. This will make Cataphract’s Rush OP

sw,barb1,hl3,dopp3 OR sw,HL1,barb3,dopp3 for FULL PVE DPS ?? Mostly field farming

With skyliner nerf i would say barb3

Especially in full pve

Got both barb3 and high3 can say thats high3 is bad at pve (only good with bleedable boss)

1 Like

Can you please link what Barb3 build you would use for this? (I’m also working on making a Dopel3 eventually for purely PvE)

this is a nice barb3 core for doppel

alternatives would be
3/5 Gungo and 4/5 Pain barrier

1 point in giant swing if you like it, taking 1 point away from cleave
1 point in pouncing, put the rest in cleave.

catar stroke is powerful 1-3, you can leave it at 1 if you don’t need attributes. 3 if you do, I put 4 in because wagon wheel sucks past 1. anyway you shouldn’t charge it for too long.

In the future Cleave may turn out to be like spear lunge, where people only use it for the damage bonus. Thankfully only a few normal monsters are stun immune so it still has uses past level 1

[quote=“danielnito007, post:25, topic:314809, full:true”]
Murmillo might have the leap skill but with helmet on he’s slow so it’s likely he’ll need the enemies to be lured to him (shinobi for invis and then giant AoE stun? Is that why shinobis are going to have their clones copy shield skills?). [/quote]
I forgot to mention this part.

The whole point of Murmillo is that you can jump in, stun the follow up with Iron Hook at melee range. That will allow u 9 seconds of pure damage to your enemy and he can do nothing about it (unless you get interrupted by his teammates).

Forgot about shinobi, yes with stealth he can also gap close, but very risky as stealth can be broken by many things (ground AOE etc.)

What do you think about highlander 2 + barb 2?

it’s an okay build I used to play, but with highlander staying the same I’d not touch it anymore

The big question is, highlander skills scale a little better for late game, barb skill even with buffs will still be flat. Don’t you think highlander is still a little better for the future?

Since the game will probably end at rank 10 for classes I think I’ll still pick barb over HL. As a reminder Warcry helps you with everything, including your future class choices soo it’s really helpful specially with the cooldown down to 50s.

It’s flat, but it’s a big number still, assuming you meet the conditions.

I see, i’m currently highlander 2 on my alt, but I don’t want to reroll anymore (man, doing Crystal mines for the 8th time NO, just no). I’ll go barb 2 as going highlander 3 just for a single target debuff i don’t think it’s Worth.

I think HL3>Barb1 is still nice for melting bosses in dungeons, but when doing it on WB you also help your competitors.

Just remember that you will totally suck on mobs that don’t bleed. A good example is that tree of siauliai mission, it’s leather so you don’t have any penalties but…it just feels lacking.