Tree of Savior Forum

[Help] Doppel C3

I am going to create a swordsman and i will probably follow doppel c3 path but i had some doubts on the build path.

I was thinking about Sword c1 > Highlander c1 > Barb c3 > Doppel c3, but i am not an expert on swordsman class since it is my first sword char. I want to be able to be good at either pvp and pve, maybe with doppel c3 the class will be doable at wb i guess. So can you guys give your thoughts? Is there any better build paths?

That will probably be the best pve doppel, but don’t forget the abysmal cooldown on your skills, this makes it hard for you to deal with WB alone. If we’re talking about short HP WBs you’ll have a chance of course.

If you want to be able to be good at pvp and pve, try:
SW3>HL>Barb>Doppel3
SW3>Barb>Corsair>Doppel3
SW3>HL>Corsair>Doppel3

1 Like

Op, if what you plan to do is a 2-handed swordie, people pretty much explained those builds
(Sw,Hl, Barb3,Doppel3; and Sw, HL3, Barb, Doppel3) in this thread

Abysmal cooldown in comparison to … what? Fencer? Isn’t that just swordsman’s flaw (bar fencer) in general?

Anyway I don’t think it’s as much of a problem since Deeds of Valour increases your attack speed.

It’s the problem on Barb>Doppel paths. You’ll find yourself auto attacking more compared to other swordsman counterparts like hoplite>dragoon and fencer. Dragoon has high cd as well but rotating skills seem easier.

And to stack DOV vs bosses, you’d need lapasape mushrooms. Unless you actually like getting hit, which isn’t a good idea for high level WB and low level WBs die before even getting it charged. Relying on auto attacks when your skills are out is a pain when you’re bossing.

Remember what I said was for bosses.

Haven’t tried Hop>Dragoon so I’ll take your word for it but looking at the skillset the cds are similar to barbarians it just is slightly better with a couple of extra moves (and completely barring spear throw, 0cd move is nice, didn’t notice it before).

Those mushrooms are a doppel’s best friend. I was talking about bosses as well, with Deeds maxed your basically doubling your damage so unless you need deeds + full skill rotation to compete with others I don’t see a problem. I’m just voicing my opinion not trying to bash you or anything, but with those mushrooms wouldn’t you agree that could compete for WBs as well?

Yes as I’ve said for low level WBs, you’ll always have your chance. But for higher level ones I doubt it. A fletcher could ruin all your setup. if against other swordsman classes even a fencer does better, I have a doppel 2 myself and I know that I either waste a few seconds trying to setup warcry/frenzy+dov Or only start using them after my skills are on CD and when I play my fencer I just spam composee/flanconnade to death, effictively killing things faster.

Seems to me that doppel works better on field grinding/farming, cloth bosses are there but meh, we’ll see after the KR Zucken/Redel buff.

Thanks guys it helped a lot. I’ve seen some info about the classes but honestly i dislike sword c3.

What about Sword c2 > High c2 > Barb > Doppel c3 is it too bad?

@Lostac Hey, how is your Dex Doppel project going? I’m both curious and captivated by Doppel 3 abilities. Pls share some of your insights

no idea how you dislike s3, but you want s2.
s2 is the worst path you can get in sw tree.
you can do sw - hl2- bar2 - dop3 which is much much better than that path or other mainstream path (like your 1st choice sw - hl - bar3 - dop3)

To be honest i dont know nothing about sword i am actually reading some stuff atm but sword c2 and c3 never really looked really appealing to me. But how good sword c3 is at pvp? Will i be losing to much without it?

It’s actually nice and all but coming from a fencer class the lack of spammable skills is terrible. But one thing, Cyclone 10/10 is amazing I didn’t think twice about upgrading attributes.

Zucken hitbox is also terrible, at least Redel is okay

If you are planning to do something similar I think I’d take Highlander over pelt unless you really like guardian. Cartar Stroke is too good to miss.

Also I stopped playing TOS too much, I just log in to do daily dungeons.

@rafss1303 high restrain (60% after kr buffs), a nicely leveled pain barrier and more concentrate scaling (after kr buffs too, since you are aiming for dop3 anyway)

Concentrate doesn’t scale with dov, but it doesn’t require any setup other than animation time.

sw3 restrain is 40% (atm) stun at 1s stun duration on every skill, which is nice with cyclone. also the buff duration is 69s (you need to invest on durandal if you really want to pvp). and it slows after stun, so you can chase easier with cyclone
also pain barrier have 31s duration on sw3.
you dont want to get knocked down here and there in pvp.

you can still pvp with barb tree, they have 2 stuns with 3s duration.

you can also put corsair for iron hook and jolly roger.

How is it?

You can take away some points from pain barrier or concentrate for one point in double slash, or 5/5 if you like, but 1/5 does the job.

And redel is a nice skill, it’s better than Zucken IMO (for now)

take points away form zornhau and put them in redel

1 Like

Id get max pain barrier.
and give 1 zornhau, and more points to redel.
if you dont mind the SP usage, you can get zucken to 5. (mind you its 200 SP)
mordschlag is too slow for my preferance, and it throw thing too far for miniscule damage. doubt the attribute give anything, since i bet everyone would use either leather or plate.
get max DOV.

Thanks guys i will study doppel a little more so i can have definitive build but the other classes seems fine which is good. I will make some changes at sword path to optimize it accordingly to my playstyle.

Does increasing Zucken higher than level 1 actually do anything good, other than a few hundred more dmg? Does the amount of hits increase with skill level or is it fixed? Because if it’s always the same amount of hits i think leaving it at level 1 would be enough.

no, the hit counts is fixed (4 hits). the increment actually quite good with shock, exp with the increased hit. 400 dmg different from lv1 and 5 is actually 1600 total dmg, more with shock. and more with the increased hits.

but yeah the dmg/sp is really absurd, i also think leaving it at lower level (max at 4, above that is quite costy)

Doppel skills has better damage than Fencer, that’s why. I saw people use Cyclone and dealing like 7k per hit minimum. Multiply it by 18 hits. Dang, that’s a lot of AOE DPS.

Redel will get buffed in r8. Dang it, I think I fell in love with that skill in thr R8 Overview.

Maybe I will try to level a Doppel in the future, not now since I just bought a PS4. So many games to play

Btw, how do you feel about Dex on a Doppel? I mean your Doppel performance in PvE