Tree of Savior Forum

Help Corsair 3 Builds

Nyx Knight

Pevordimas sword + manamana

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#111138889.4f5f6a85.3545.2f7f8a95.153555

Hard to say, it’s obviously extremely dependent on your gear now. I don’t have any other maxed farming builds to compare it to.

This is probably also good, but I just can’t play without swashbuckling tbh.

I tested this myself when I initially rerolled to Swords3 Dragoon instead of Doppel (didn’t have a sword yet), with the bleed from Serpentine. It seems to only add a flat 1000 damage. It was the same result with no weapon equipped as it was with a weapon equipped. I can’t see how that would happen if it were a % value. I really hope they fix it, Swords3HL2/3 seems like a fun build.

Jolly Roger only gathers mobs in a pretty small area, in which case you can just use Pistol Shot anyway. Swashbuckling has a huge range by comparison. Guardian is also very strong now, I use it instead of Gung Ho.

They actually fixed this several patches ago. DWA didn’t work with pistol for months before then. The main reason DWA sucks now is because it doesn’t scale with attack speed from DEX. It seems like a bug since it does attack faster with Frenzy and Quicken. Also the fact that you need another skill to even use it is garbage, if you want a good uptime on DWA you need to spend 30 skill points on a skill that isn’t even that great to begin with.

Why 5 points into Guardian? I don’t think the extra defense will matter that much while the 4% attack is going to always matter.

Even at lv 1 the duration is longer than the CD anyway (and 40s CD makes it align rather nicely with Pain Barrier’s CD)

Also, how does Iron Hook work? My character’s only Corsair 1 but the hook didn’t seem that useful, or am I just not using it right.

I invented a build and I’m going to keep it after using it.

Prior - S1-Pelt-Hop3-Corsair3
Post Patch - S2-Hop2-Corsair3-Lancer

The only two abilities you can’t use on the mount are pistol shot and jolly roger. Only pistol shot is annoying, and I think there’s some chance they’ll let it use on mount in the future.

Pelt is redundant with Jolly Roger and Devasia Peak quest that aggros mobs. Turn that rank into more buff damage and more knockback resistance.

Hop lets you use 1 handed spear, corsair lets you use 1 handed pistol. Not sure how this will limit my Lancer options, for now I just got the buff that gives penetration which is very good synergy.

DWA actually works with dex, you simply get a no-delay hit with your offhand everytime you attack, if you have a priest in your party you can actually melt everything by spamming blessed DWA attacks.

I’ve reset right now and tried 300 dex+ frenzy and well, if i try to use dwa with frenzy activated my game stutters… .anyone has this issue?
Btw i’ve tried frenzy alone with 0 dex and the attack speed seemed like having 150 dex.

Another annoying thing is that if you are using a pistol, not having a target in your face messes up your DWA animation.

Owh wow I didn’t know it affect all damage. I’m doing sw3 barb1 cors3 fencer. I guess I’m keeping this.

@SlyGoat I guess Swash Buckling still doesn’t work with pistol right? It seems a good replacement for my barb1 but to swap shield everytime you SB and Guardian is just too annoying.

How do you even farm HG? I tried farming the 280HG on my SW3-COR3-BAR1-SHINO and I am having a hard time! My gear is virtov plate top and bottom, demonas glove, vertis boots, +7 lvl315 blue sword and +7manamana no gem…

I am trying to farm full leather set at the HG as my cor3shino is high/full dex… (havent decided yet)

I am having hard time farming because i get hit hp reduce so quickly and my hp pots couldnt even keep it up! I gather mobs with jolly and use bunshin to double slash and kunai but monster would take chunks of my hp when they hit me. On CD i would use pistol shot and my other skills like dust devil, hexen dropper. I had to constantly drink potions. I am going to try getting that invisibility attribute i wonder how well it will work. My problem is casting bunshin require 5seconds to cast and getting hit you take additional damage…

I tried farming on my monk3inq who is worst geared with only a 5 hammer /w 5xlvl5 red gem and it was so much easier and more relaxed no pressure… Aggro mobs, safety zone, buff, wheel, god smash and punch the wheel, gg.

Maybe im playing cor3shino wrongly? I made and geared this cor3shino mainly for farming and while his skills are definitely fun to use, he isnt serving his purpose to farm and pillage me silver and drops!

@SlyGoat tysomuch… so is doppel that big of a tool in this build? I was really looking forward for someone to post this “gembuild” cors3dopp1! Well there’s DPE but is cyclone okayish for initial “hope something drops” combo? perhaps what is your skill combo?

Same reason I don’t use Gung Ho, with the combat changes I value taking less damage over a little extra attack and I take noticeably less damage with Guardian active (it’s providing about 400 bonus defense with my current gear). Glass mole cards more than make up for the small attack reduction as well.

With how many buffs I have to keep up I prefer to recast them as little as possible TBH.

[quote=“rofldat, post:22, topic:360501, full:true”]Also, how does Iron Hook work? My character’s only Corsair 1 but the hook didn’t seem that useful, or am I just not using it right.
[/quote]

It’s sortof useful for elite mobs now, because those can hit you for a few thousand. But it’s mostly just for PVP.

Guardian works with pistol, SB doesn’t. I’ve gotten really used to swapping to use skills anyway since Pistol used to have all kinds of wonky skill limitations.

This is why I don’t like Shinobi on a farming build.

Level 5 cyclone does almost 6000% attack damage over 5.5 seconds + a big bonus from concentrate, and it has 2 overheat along with a massive AoE attack ratio. Two cyclones does about as much base damage as all my other attacks combined. It’s a really ridiculous skill now that the duration doesn’t scale with levels. The rest of the rotation is very fast with a moderate DEX investment, though, so it can fully utilize the damage boost from glass mole cards. Cyclone is very good for pillaging, but then with Corsair3 the pillage chance is so high I rarely see a mob die without triggering it.

Going to post it in the bug section, 300 dex, game stutters if i activate frenzy and attack.

DWA DOES work with pistol, seems it doesnt because the animation with pistol is different, but I already tested it and with pistol gives the same amount of hits.
Seems like Concentrate is working with DWA as well.

@SlyGoat thanks! Those pillage works on cube too?

Supposedly. I honestly haven’t been paying close enough attention to when my cubes drop to know if I got any from pillaging, but other people have claimed they do.

Thanks alot. I reset mine but still waiting for 1h sword 315 blue :confused: its 4.9m here on our server. How much was yours? How often do you use pots?

concentrate definetly works with DWA. the offhand hit does not seem to count as an additional hit too.

I’m running full dex SW3 P1 Corsair 2 atm.lv 200 and played this one from level 1.

Only annoying thing is having to mash C/Z (i have it on C/V) to get the double attack and having to keep casting buffs.
Also very interesting is that dust devil does less damage than DWA auto attacks ( i have it on level 1). There is a delay after casting dust devil in which time you can attack twice with both your main+offhand. (whereas dust devil attacks 3x with mainhand). With concentrate you do therefore way more damage autoattacking.

I’m not sure though how useful DWA really is. With 2-3 more active skills you have a rotation which never runs out anyways…

I’m gonna reset later today and switch to S1 H1 B3 D2 just to see how it compares to the barndoor doppelsöldner build.

Toyed with Pel C3 based Corsair.

I like it.
I do weapon swap but whatever not a big deal.
Reminds me a bit of my tank gameplay on FFXIV given the ocassional swaps to shield to manage damage or apply armor break for people.

Do you use HP pots that often considering you have restrain stun? just curious.

The prices vary a lot on Klaip. Honestly I’ve been buying all of the unidentified ones listed for 2-3mil and reselling them usually for more than I bought them for (still haven’t gotten one with 4 slots).

Restrain isn’t up that frequently, but with Cyclone and Pistol Shot it is a great stunlock and pretty much means no damage taken for 60s. Dust Devil stun also helps to minimize damage. Generally I swash the mobs in, line them up, then pop an SP pot for glass mole and alternate Dust Devil -> Doubleslash -> Hexen x2 then Dust Devil -> Doubleslash -> Pistol Shot. With enough DEX mobs generally don’t have time to hit between DD stuns. I still need to use a lot of pots when I’m cycloning or pistoling without Restrain though.

1 Like

so what you guys think about Shinobi vs Doppelsöldner for R8?

I know there is an argument for cyclone which does 180% x 27 hits which is insane damage. But keep in mind that in 5.5 seconds you can also just attack with DWA or unload your hexendroppers/pistolshots. The main limitation seems to be that the S3 -> X -> C3 progression doesn’t have enough skillrotations to fill the time where the doppelsöldner would use his cyclone. And cyclone benefits like mad from concentrate.

Bunshin sureley is pretty nice too though with concentrate,DWA and double slash?

Hmm, I’m playing with sw3>barb1>cor3>doppel1, I was going to pick pelt1 instead of barb1, but after seeing that the swash buckling doesn’t work with pistols I gave up on that, should I try that insteat, n get a dagger just to keep swaping to use that? Also, it’s working pretty good, I put 100 points into dex for now, dunno if I should put more, n about concentrate, it stacks with dex or str, I thought concentrate was str n gung ho dex, but ppl here are saying it’s concentrate with dex, hmm, my concentrate is doing ~1200 damage at lvl 15 n 50 atribute.

EDIT:
Also, I was playing with corsair shinobi before the reset and it wasn’t working out at all.
And about the gems, should I go with red gems for more damage n forget about crit, or should I put green gems to try to get some crit hits?

Doppel for mobs farming, Shinobi for bossing/having other utilities (stealth), in term of overall benefit I’d say Shinobi wins out since bossing is where SW3-Cor3 is kinda bad at.
Not sure how useful Double Pay Earn is given the lack of single hit high damage skill in the build (assuming it’s still going down per-hit i.e. a single pistol shot would burn all 5 charges of DPE)

Weak gear = red, high trans gear = green.