Tree of Savior Forum

[Help?]Choosing a build

If you are taking the Sword 2 > Pel > Cata 3 path remember that you won’t be able to use 1H spears so you will switch a lot to use swash.

Sword 3 > Cata 3 though is a popular pvp swordsman build

Like I said, my mind is closed.

I can’t see Corsair 2 and Fencer working. I mean literally.

Could you say more about the gameplay?
About combos, how you balance between AA and Fencer skills?

And HIGH damage is not my concern. I understand that to get what I want I need to sacrifice something.
And since I didn’t find a virgin, sacrificing some damage seems to be the best option.

But that is until I get Dragoon, isn’t?
I hate 1H spear anyway.

Yes you can if you reached dragoon, it will take quite a bit though. I still suggest hoplite path just in case, hoplite actives are powerful anyway

Please, could you make me a build with the skills?

Check this thread

I’m sure there is
Sword>Pel>Hop>cata 3>dragoon there

1 Like

Found it!
Thank you .

A good combo is Esquive (you can move, canceling the animation, but still landing the hits) >Lunge (bringing high evasion) > Slash Skill > Attaque Coquille > Sept Etoiles > Then while Fencer skills are on cool down, Double Weapon Assault. That’s just one possibility. It would allow you to regain some mana for a time as well, aided by pots and mana regeneration skills from anyone you’re partied with. You could throw Barb skills in there for stun/aoe, Hexen Dropper for burst, Dust Devil if you need a close AoE, heck even one of two knockback skills you get from early on. Really all just depends on what you’re doing.

But isn’t a Fencer all about spamming Flanconnade and Attaque Composee?

If you’re tanking, spamming Flanconnade is fine, but you will run out of mana pretty fast. A lot of fencers do not even bother with Attaque Composee because of mana cost, and the damage is a bit lack luster. Flan for most is just taken at lvl 1, as well, because again - mana mana mana. xD

I see.
Thanks.

@offtopic

Where is a good place for swordies do grind at 77?

O now that Royal masouleum is a good place, but the best spots are too crowded.

Attaque composee is powerful, don’t leave that out. You can dish a total of around 10k per attaque composee with only about 10 levels on the attribute if you use it with Coquille.

Also as a reminder a lot of monsters in popular grinding areas are leather type starting Alemeth, where you would really love to use Composee, SP pots are free/cheap too later on so that isn’t a problem

Try Hogmas at 77, the area with Hogma Fighters, just taunt and burst.

Looking at someone going Fencer C2 I had no idea Attaque Composee was that powerful, given Coquille’s low cool down. I wouldn’t exactly say pots are cheap however, nor do they stay free for long, and you’ll still find yourself out of mana at times.

I suppose this comes down to dmg in AA or dmg in skill spam. I was curious Lostac, do you have your build up anywhere?

Lost the link for the old one, but here it is:

And here’s a picture of my sp potions, lol

1 Like

…Spare some pots? Scratches all over. xD I need to make my alchemist.

Our builds are actually quite similar until we hit Fencer, since I divert off to Corsair 2 for Rank 7. Why Attaque Coquille at 4? Does it offer anything besides the base damage. I was never quite sure if the “enemies defense is ignored when attacked again with pierce attacks” scaled in any way or if that was a just flat ignoring of defenses. Seems flat between my 2 Fencers.

Also if I ever finish my other Fencer, which would be C2, I was thinking Preparation 4 since 70% block rate. Worth it or nah? Probably not since it seems I should invest points at least into 1 Composee.

You get more coquille duration per level, that means more uptime for everyone using pierce! also there are times where you’d have to perfect time to land Prep-Etoiles but no extra time to throw in another coquille, so that’s another. I have it at Lv6 with venier equipped.

I don’t really see preparation as anything useful other than double damage for my etoiles, I just use it, cancel it, and get the double damage right away.

btw the potions aren’t from alchs, they’re kinda free from gimmicks if you check the thread I made.

1 Like

Oh whoa. O.O On my Fencer C2, definitely going to have to pump up more Coquille. That is sweet.

And checking that thread because I need my pot fix. X’D Thanks!

whats the difference/ what am i loosing if i go fencer 2 instead of corsair 2?

would u change anything in ur skill build after reading what lostac posted?

For now with rank 7 max Corsair C2 is definitely better than Fencer C2. But I don’t like esquive toucher that much so that’s either a 1 point skill or none to me, adjust that cooldown and i’ll take it, lol.

The skills I’ll be taking are likely the same except that I’ll have guardian 4/5 for the duration (damage loss is very little), 10/10 Flag 5/10 Dust Devil, and more coquille and less or no esquive, but performance wise it’s about the same. I just like taking the highest flag level possible because looting is too good to pass.