Tree of Savior Forum

[Help?]Choosing a build

Oh whoa. O.O On my Fencer C2, definitely going to have to pump up more Coquille. That is sweet.

And checking that thread because I need my pot fix. X’D Thanks!

whats the difference/ what am i loosing if i go fencer 2 instead of corsair 2?

would u change anything in ur skill build after reading what lostac posted?

For now with rank 7 max Corsair C2 is definitely better than Fencer C2. But I don’t like esquive toucher that much so that’s either a 1 point skill or none to me, adjust that cooldown and i’ll take it, lol.

The skills I’ll be taking are likely the same except that I’ll have guardian 4/5 for the duration (damage loss is very little), 10/10 Flag 5/10 Dust Devil, and more coquille and less or no esquive, but performance wise it’s about the same. I just like taking the highest flag level possible because looting is too good to pass.

No, I thought about it seriously for a bit, but I think where I have everything allocated works out quite well. Now if I were a Fencer C2, I would have taken points from Preparation and allocated them more into Attaque Composee.

Orginially in possibility of Rank 8: Fencer C2; Lunge 5, Sept Etoiles 10, Attaque Coquille 5, Esquive Toucher 5, and Preparation 4.

So instead if I go C2 (may still go C3 Corsair or pick a new class entirely dependent upon what comes out) I’d probably take Preparation down to 1 and allocate the points into Attaque Composee.

This is all in refrence to my main of course. For my C2 Fencer I’ll definitely be doing that.

Over.Kill’s PVP Cataphract Duel King EVA/BLK God!,

best build out there, tried and true. Basically impervious to any physical damage, extremely bursty and fast. Can solo any boss, never get hit, super fast move speed. Build has videos on it too to see it in action.

Actually scratch that, I will probably keep Attaque Composee at 1 and Preparation at 3 for more block. Either way is alright though.

you can leave preparation at level 1, cancel it, switch to shield and block manually, it’s really better that way

1 Like

Hmmm, so just holding shield compared to +65% Block is better? I have to admit I don’t foresee many moments where I’d need to just stand and block, so the skill could be handier, but damage points can be allocated elsewhere and I suppose a 10% jump from lvl 1 isn’t much.

It’s the same, the blocking on preparation only works when you are charging it, so if you plan to block from the start you’d stand still similar to how you would with a shield

god this made me realize again how they designed preparation is terrible

1 Like

Yeah in that case, I’d probably allocate the points to Attaque Composee.

I also have unspent points myself, depending on changes they would go to either Esquive, more coquille or just c3 skills.

also sorry TS we might have gotten the fun of discussing fencer stuff too much but there are really so few fencers out there so discussion about these things are healthy

1 Like

Really?
Why?

If you see how much power Hexen Dropper does with Attaque Coquille on Cor c2+fencer c1 you wouldn’t even have to ask that, lol.

Sept Etoiles is in a sad state if you’ve tried Hexen Dropper, Composee is there to compete with Hexen but you’d be using too much sp just to reach what hexen could do. Preparation is the only saving grace for Sept Etoiles for C2

2 Likes

Wow.
Thanks for teaching me.

Now I did find my build.

If you are still interested in spears, let me recommend two spear builds with potential in PvP.

Sw1-Pelt1-Hop2-Cor3 - ranged disabler that can also attack with pistol. Throws hook at three targets, disabling them for a long time and is able to jump after throwing hook without breaking it’s effect, which can be used both offensively and defensively. Pistol Shot is also not a bad skill, on the contrary to what people say, because you can shoot while holding em hooked. In PvE you would always be welcome with Swashbuckling and flag. Have a powerful single-target burst with Lunge-HexenDropper, that’s also fast animation.

( Sw2-Pelt1 // Sw1-Pelt1-Hop1 // Sw3 ) -> Cata3 -> Dragoon1 - faster and tankier than any swordsman out there. Sw2 or Sw3 are for interrupting enemies on arena with Rush + Restrain, but that won’t work against parties with PDs and certainly not in Guild Battle against any decent guild. Note that Sw2 stun chance is not that great. Hop1 gives some crit rate and some skills for PvE, but that’s all not that great too. Pelt is for PvE with swashbuckling, note that not taking pelt means you will level long and painful (tho it’s only really important as you hit 211+). Pelt also has some utility in PvP with swashbuckling attribute. Note that you have to have at least Hop1 OR Dragoon1 in build to be able to use 1H Spear. Cata3 only gives access to 2H spears.

PS. I’d still recommend not going swordsman at all. Very gimped atm.

This is what Fencer C2 solo grinding/farming looks like late game, as you can see I do pretty decent damage with 0% on all damage attributes while using Crystal bangle and zachriel bangle (also +0 weapon). What holds me back there is the lack of AoE Attack ratio on fencer skills.

Yea, workshop is a nice place to farm solo

Well…

Now I’m more interested in Corsair.
It looks like a little more with Tera’s Warrior.

Sorry I have not played tera, but what skill are you interested in? Dust Devil? Hexen? Corsair (non-hoplite) will also suffer a bit from AoE Attack ratio, you need items to cover for that

That video is a very inefficient way of grinding, you blew through like 80% of your SP and 30% of your HP to just to kill 1 group of enemies. Probably have to bonfire afterwards as well, which is heaps of downtime, not to mention how often you need to repair from taking all those hits. But this is to be expected of swordsmen solo farming though.

Better to just find a grind party and Swash buckle to save time and money.