Tree of Savior Forum

[Help?]Choosing a build

Hello.

It’s simple, I can’t choose a build to make on my main.
I don’t care much about what is strong now, things are always changing in mmos. So feel free to suggest anything off the “meta”.

What I’m looking for is something like Tera’s Warrior.

• Fast
  • Tanky
  • Useful with some CC and/or debuffs
  • Able to play solo

Right now I’m leveling a Barb, planning to be Fencer, with a High DEX build, but I feel like something is wrong and I don’t know what. (maybe because someone said that they’re quite squishy)

I was thing about rerolling and going with:

Highlander >Doppel , because 2h and Cross Guard seems stylish
Corsair because of the speed with DWA and the Flag.

Sword>Peltasta>Hoplite>Cata 3>Dragoon
Sword 2>Peltasta>Cata 3>Dragoon
-> Fast
-> Tanky
-> Knockdowns for cc
-> Able to play solo

Doppel works, but you won’t be as fast. Barb has more CC than highlander, if you want to go full dps, you can try

Sword>Highlander>Barb x3>Doppel x2
Sword>Highlander x2 > Barb x2 > Doppel x2
^ These are mostly solo builds that are effective, party wise taking peltasta is a good idea.

Sword>Pel>Barb x3(or Highlander x3)>Doppel x2

If you’re still interested in Fencer but wouldn’t mind leaning towards Corsair, you could try S>Pelt>Barbx2>Corsairx2>Fencer. It’s what I am currently running and I love it thus far. It’s very fast between auto attacks and Fencer skills, has consistent damage, Barb gives you crowd control, Corsair and Barb gives you buffs/debuffs, Fencer + Pelt’s Guardian + moderate Dex and Con + leather armor = good evasion tank. Very easily soloable until the early 200s, where everyone starts having issues generally, and very good party play as well. Even some PvP if you’re into that.

However! If damage is your main concern you may wish to Lostac’s suggestions, as Doppel/Dragoon beats out Fencer/Corsair there.

It seems that my mind is closed.

For some reason I thought that Hoplite 3 as a must for Dragoon and have been avoiding Cata.

I’ll think more about it, because I love 2h Spear, but hated the 1h from Hoplite.

If you are taking the Sword 2 > Pel > Cata 3 path remember that you won’t be able to use 1H spears so you will switch a lot to use swash.

Sword 3 > Cata 3 though is a popular pvp swordsman build

Like I said, my mind is closed.

I can’t see Corsair 2 and Fencer working. I mean literally.

Could you say more about the gameplay?
About combos, how you balance between AA and Fencer skills?

And HIGH damage is not my concern. I understand that to get what I want I need to sacrifice something.
And since I didn’t find a virgin, sacrificing some damage seems to be the best option.

But that is until I get Dragoon, isn’t?
I hate 1H spear anyway.

Yes you can if you reached dragoon, it will take quite a bit though. I still suggest hoplite path just in case, hoplite actives are powerful anyway

Please, could you make me a build with the skills?

Check this thread

I’m sure there is
Sword>Pel>Hop>cata 3>dragoon there

1 Like

Found it!
Thank you .

A good combo is Esquive (you can move, canceling the animation, but still landing the hits) >Lunge (bringing high evasion) > Slash Skill > Attaque Coquille > Sept Etoiles > Then while Fencer skills are on cool down, Double Weapon Assault. That’s just one possibility. It would allow you to regain some mana for a time as well, aided by pots and mana regeneration skills from anyone you’re partied with. You could throw Barb skills in there for stun/aoe, Hexen Dropper for burst, Dust Devil if you need a close AoE, heck even one of two knockback skills you get from early on. Really all just depends on what you’re doing.

But isn’t a Fencer all about spamming Flanconnade and Attaque Composee?

If you’re tanking, spamming Flanconnade is fine, but you will run out of mana pretty fast. A lot of fencers do not even bother with Attaque Composee because of mana cost, and the damage is a bit lack luster. Flan for most is just taken at lvl 1, as well, because again - mana mana mana. xD

I see.
Thanks.

@offtopic

Where is a good place for swordies do grind at 77?

O now that Royal masouleum is a good place, but the best spots are too crowded.

Attaque composee is powerful, don’t leave that out. You can dish a total of around 10k per attaque composee with only about 10 levels on the attribute if you use it with Coquille.

Also as a reminder a lot of monsters in popular grinding areas are leather type starting Alemeth, where you would really love to use Composee, SP pots are free/cheap too later on so that isn’t a problem

Try Hogmas at 77, the area with Hogma Fighters, just taunt and burst.

Looking at someone going Fencer C2 I had no idea Attaque Composee was that powerful, given Coquille’s low cool down. I wouldn’t exactly say pots are cheap however, nor do they stay free for long, and you’ll still find yourself out of mana at times.

I suppose this comes down to dmg in AA or dmg in skill spam. I was curious Lostac, do you have your build up anywhere?

Lost the link for the old one, but here it is:

And here’s a picture of my sp potions, lol

1 Like

…Spare some pots? Scratches all over. xD I need to make my alchemist.

Our builds are actually quite similar until we hit Fencer, since I divert off to Corsair 2 for Rank 7. Why Attaque Coquille at 4? Does it offer anything besides the base damage. I was never quite sure if the “enemies defense is ignored when attacked again with pierce attacks” scaled in any way or if that was a just flat ignoring of defenses. Seems flat between my 2 Fencers.

Also if I ever finish my other Fencer, which would be C2, I was thinking Preparation 4 since 70% block rate. Worth it or nah? Probably not since it seems I should invest points at least into 1 Composee.

You get more coquille duration per level, that means more uptime for everyone using pierce! also there are times where you’d have to perfect time to land Prep-Etoiles but no extra time to throw in another coquille, so that’s another. I have it at Lv6 with venier equipped.

I don’t really see preparation as anything useful other than double damage for my etoiles, I just use it, cancel it, and get the double damage right away.

btw the potions aren’t from alchs, they’re kinda free from gimmicks if you check the thread I made.

1 Like