Tree of Savior Forum

Has IMC Given Up

Before the 8th division of ToS white knights assemble stop, calm yourself. I am not making an omg the game is dying thread. My concern is that our GMs (by our GMs I mean the grand total of 1 GM we have GMFranics) have completely stopped checking the Bot Reports, and the ingame bot report feature has had no impact of any kind. On Klapedia we have been reporting ingame a trio of lv 220-240 Chaplin bots, MaJie, Momohime, and Snowdance who bot Vedas Plateau 24/7, and have done so since week 2 of founderā€™s access. There are cuurently atleast a dozen forum threads on these 3 bots, along with countless other reports across several servers, with no response from any IMC employee of any kind. Its been nearly 3 weeks since IMC has even read the bot forums, and please donā€™t link me the last ban list, it was about 30-40 names for Klapedia. I can find 40 bots in 8min by cycling through all 15 channels of Klapedia and walking to the cafrisun camp. I have been playing mmorpgs for well over 20 years, I spent 11 years on final fantasy 11, I played through the original launch and demise of final fantasy 14, elder scrolls online, DandD titles etc. and every mmorpg has had 1 thing in common, the chicken littles screaming ā€œTHE SKY IS FALLINGā€. This is the 1st time in my gaming life that I think a game might actually be sputtering its last futile breath, I really hope Iā€™m wrong, I love the core of the game, but its really hard to keep playing with an ingame population of 1 bot to every real person, and to those who scoff and think that there is no way there is a bot to every real person, you are wrong, and have not seen the entire game, I have several characters from lvs 100 to 260, the game is an robotic wasteland.

3 Likes

but did the bots use bold text in chat?

7 Likes

Of course not! They would get perma banned for that.

Well Iā€™d link you to the bot list showing that they actually ban bots and then say that you can hardly call that given up. But you said we should not do so, so I guess you donā€™t really want an answer.

Edit: And yes you can find more bots in 10 minutes than they ban, but you should realize that a GM canā€™t just ban a bot. He needs to observe him, try to talk with him, make sure he doesnā€™t reply back within some minutes, do screenshots and videos, ban him, then write a report with all the proof on the ban etc., so banning a single bot can be a good 15 minutes of work.

I assume the high level bots that keep getting reported actually have actual players behind the screen that check occasionally if a GM checks on them and then reply to the GM with ā€œNo Iā€™m here, no bot.ā€, so the GM canā€™t prove them to be botting.

Now with those corrections done, I will say I absolutely agree with you that the bot problem seems hopeless despite them showing us they are ā€˜banningā€™ the bots it seems that a lot of bots still go under the radar. Why is this?

4 Likes

IMC have made 3 ban waves last week if you didnā€™t saw the news in front page. But bots keep coming back, unfortunaly.

cmon guys, look at those ban lists, they are banning a handful of lv1 gold seller shout bots in klapedia and orsha, thatā€™s it, those lv1 shouters have NO impact on the game, I am complaining about the lv220-240 chaplin bots that we have been reporting for nearly 6 weeks now dating back to founderā€™s access

See thatā€™s probably exactly right. They are simply banning the ones that they can confirm are bots in 2 seconds.

I wrote about this multiple times but IMC does NOT have a system in place to detect bots. It means that they would have to manually send GMs out to confirm whether that 220-240 level Chaplin bot is actually a bot by /whispering it and watching its movements.

So they are banning the bots they have record of chat spamming gold seller websites but canā€™t expand the resources to manually send GMs out to ban farm bots.

This is the real issue here.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s an issue. I wonder how much reports do players have to make. Thatā€™s why I started to suggest here an idea: Idea against bots and afkers

Crippling the bots. If we canā€™t get them banned forever at least make them inneficient.

bump momohime still botting --------

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

bumped this post on accident, was bumping 10 Momohime bot posts in bot reports per day to force the GMs to ban her, GM Francis replied today, please disregard this old post, was just sick of the 3 old month bot that has farmed over 100mil silver now, take care

1 Like