Tree of Savior Forum

Hakkapalle Theorycrafting - on giving up Manamana

Double tap WASD and hold, or double left-mouse on the ground, if I remember correctly.

does it work? dont have swordie to try it out. and cant create new char.

Where do you get the idea that it uses pet stamina? Iā€™m pretty sure it uses your regular stamina just like normal Swordsman dashing.

I want to try Hakka but it looks like a clear gimp atm (

I donā€™t think Hakkapalle C1 is gimped. I will theory craft with you all in this thread in a sec, brb.

The most distinct feature of the Hakkapalle is that you will be able to use a one-hand sword as your sub weapon, allowing melee attacks despite being an archer. You will also be able to ride companions just like the Schwarzer Reiter class.

If youā€™d like to utilize the mount, you are restricted. You canā€™t use several skill unless you master mount/dismount/pet bugging around. Sapper, Falconer, Hunter, musket, cannoneer will be no-no since all their skills will dismount you.

Moreover you will probably weapon switch between Bow (vs flying), and Crossbow + Melee weapon (1H-Sword) because the Bow bonus damage vs flying is too good. This makes Schwarzer Reiter less attractive, since you canā€™t auto-weapon swap 3 sets (bow, xbow+pistol, xbow+sword).

Archer classes all have the ability to hit enemies with up to 5 arrows and decrease the defense of enemies by 10% per arrow. The ā€˜Skarphuggningā€™ skill, which is a melee slash attack, will be able to hit the enemy more according to how many arrows are stuck in the enemy so you will be able to deal a lot of damage by melee attacking enemies after attacking them with ranged weapons.

The ability to decrease defence by 10% per arrow is applied to all [Missile] attacks, including standard attacks + [Missile] skills. Skills such as Sapper Broom trap are NOT missile and do not apply this defence reduction, DoTs (wugu poison, fletcher broadhead, hunter pet attacks) do NOT apply this defence reduction. Note that the initial hit of broadhead, and needle blow, wugong gu, etc. will apply the defence reduction. Pet attacks do not apply this defence reduction.

Arrow and Arrow skills, pistol and pistol skills (Reiter), musket and musket skills (musketeer), cannon and cannon skills (cannoneer) will apply -10% defence per hit.

So you have many possibilities to stack the debuff + use Sharphugging, unless IMC decided to only let sharphug bonus damage apply when thereā€™s visually 5 arrows stuck to the enemy - which is only when you standard attack.

Wait until Thursday so you will know through the Ko whether the Hakkapalle skills utilize only Sword damage, or combine main weapon + sword damage.

Curious if their skills will be similar to reiter, and cannoneer regarding their damage formulas.

Important to know whether the bonus damage will apply when your teammates/other players stick arrows into the enemy.

Very important to know whether their skill animations will lock them (like swordies), and have small range or a very limited AoE attack ratio.

No sword will be as good as manamana though.

The advantage of mounting will be extra movespeed, and increased stats (especially HP).

1 Like

Mount/Dismount like this right?

I think for everyone who brought that crazy-penguin and donā€™t play SR/Cata can deal with it.
I try use Velheider and it stick with me almost overtimeā€¦maybeā€¦different AI?

Keep in mind once your pet gets hit/moves away/gets AoEā€™d by a knockback skill, you will have to run to it to re-mount. Worse if it dies. Once its HP drops to 0, its stamina drops to 0, and it will be stunned. You cannot mount a stunned pet.

A pet without 0 stamina will move quickly towards enemies to attack once you dismount.

These are my reasons to dislike mount + remount.

1 Like

The real question is are daggers compatible with hackapel? That makes ranger-rogue a natural progression into the class.

1 Like

I tested it at mobs and bosses. Barrage, multi shot, oblique, wugong gu, needle blow -> none of them will give a visual of arrow at monsters body. I donā€™t think the debuff applies because thereā€™s no difference on the damage i dealt to the boss.

The only attack that gives visual arrow stucking in their body is a regular auto attack. But i havenā€™t tested whether the damage will increase or not after we visually stack 5 arrow to mobs/bosses.

For now, i think that hakkapale probably best suited with QS since other classes will be too busy spamming their skills.

Seems highly unlikely their skills would be usable with a dagger, though Rogue may be changed to be able to Backstab with a sword. However any build with Backstab will still be weapon swapping - you really donā€™t want to be locked to a level 170 weapon set at level 330, and you really donā€™t want to be backstabbing without Karachaā€™s set bonus.

1 Like

I am 100% sure all [Missile] skills apply this. Hereā€™s a vid.
Notice how Retreat shot damage becomes stable after 5+ [Missile] hits has hit the mob.

1st hit: 10481
2nd hit: 10598
3rd hit: 10716
4rd hit: 10833
5th hit: 10951
Then afterwards only 10951 - 10951 - 10951.

The reason the -50% def is not superb is the low enemy defenses. If a mob has 200 defence, you reduce up to 100 (50%), so you will hit max 100 more.

So now that we have the skills information to work with, I think more or less we hackapell enthusiasts can see where to go with this.

Skills:

1. Saber Bash
    (No further info on this one, perhaps not even in the actual game)

2. Crash
    (Again, no further info on this one)

The rest of the skills can be seen here http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Hackapell/

An interesting to note is that the last skill ā€œBridge Shootingā€ is a skill which requires a Bow and Pistol much like SR, which means that if the skill turns out to be too good to ignore in favor of other skills which are more Bow and Sword oriented, there MIGHT be some usage for Manamana (or just pistols in general).

At this point, I tend to think that Hackapell will be more inclined to follow SR somewhat in terms of class progression, meaning A2-QS3/A2-Ranger3 or A1-Rogue/Ranger3. The issue then lies in rank 6 & 7, which could be up for speculation.

fletcher 3/hackapellā€¦ you can use fletcher skills mounted

1 Like

Fletcher 3 is unfortunately out of the question for me, I am currently using A2-R3 going for Hakapelle. Fletcher 2 at most :slight_smile:

Bridge Shooting

This one right?
http://tos.vod.nexoncdn.co.kr/skill/obt/31305.mp4

debuff skill?

Yeah, this one, now officially called Leg Shoot.

I seeā€¦ a slow skill.It will be a good one if it can do like stone shot.

Is this confirmed? I actually am making a new main, A2->R1->Sc1->F3 and figured Iā€™d go Mergen but wondering the benefits of Hakka over Mergen. Guessing Mergen would still be the way to go for that build since you canā€™t cloak while mounted so that makes you lose a fair bit of the advantage.