Tree of Savior Forum

GvG Times for Europe [Fedimian] problem

It may be early for you but I think EU has quite an extended timeframe.
Also russians are like GMT +4 or +5?

I think the times I gave ensure that you could at least play in one of the 2 time frame (anywhere you are). I could be wrong though.

At least it would be a vast improvement from the current ones…

Current GvG times for Moscow timezone are 4 am and 7 am. GMT +3

I personally work 2/2 and don’t care for time much, I would be ok if it’s just not during the night lol. At least that, IMC.

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Max @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines @GM_Francis @GM_Sebastian

so new patch with gvg rewards incoming

1. Can you set the time of Team Battle League and Guild Battles according to each server region, instead of using the EDT standard for all servers?

After receiving feedback from players in different time zones about this issue, we can see how our current time settings for Team Battle League and Regional Guild Battles aren’t the most convenient for all regions. As such, we have started to prepare for setting different time slots for each region and are currently working towards implementing them. We hope to bring these new time settings to the game as soon as possible so players in every server have better chances participate in Team Battle League and Regional Guild Battles.

1 Like

The vast majority of europe is GMT+1, especially the majority playing this game. 5PMGMT would be when they’re driving home from work.

Russia is an exception, not a rule that should be catered for over the 40+ countries in Europe playing the game at the 0 or +1 timezone.

The main players on Fedi are UK, Germany, France, Spain, Scandinavia. There’s only 1 Russian guild and it has less than 10 currently active players. Catering to +4 when there’s not enough of them to play gvg is a mistake.

I will kick your ass anytime, friend, just not during the night, ok?

Also, info about one russian guild is hilarious as remember Fedi being like RU + GER + FR mostly and other countries are a minority.

There are like 10 active guilds on the server with 20+ members.

I made the community that is now referred to as Daijoubu. We’re at somewhere around 50 members for our community, and maxed in the guild so we swap people in and out. Probably the largest guild on the server, we have private addons and systems to improve play, detailed here:

The other guilds that are currently capable of competing on any level that doesn’t involve getting squashed by the opponent having more players in game are:

Revelators. FreakSquad. CatSoup. CoffeeHouse. LegendsTM. GoodGuild (but they’ve gone awol too). Fette Bishittate. TheNineWorlds. NoRemorse and Rebellion.

Everyone else is too small or vastly underlevelled.

None of those are Russian. One of them is Turkish (Revelators).

There WERE Russian guilds in the game, they were:

HI5
TheRED
ZaDrots
Wolves
ELITE
Fallen Angels

They’re all dead. You can see a couple of HI5 players pootering about from time to time, but all the Russian guilds are inactive now.

Many of the previous major guilds have also become almost entirely inactive: ESPERTANOS, DOMINARI, Einherjar, Animalium, eQuality, Allied-Enemies, Niji, Pantsu, etc.

And on top of that Fedimian is currently experiencing a major problem with players starting characters over on Silute because of its greater activity, meaning more players are moving away.

I’m not here to have a fight with you. I’m just putting down the realistic issues currently facing the major guilds on the server. Catering to the Russian timezone when we don’t have anymore Russian players is a large stretch. The best-fit middle zone to cater to here is +1 and +2, but even then +2 is a significant minority compared to the +1 players.

Just an experienced opinion from someone that’s held together a community since the early days. I’ve put 1600 hours into the server, this is the current situation. I will be surprised if there are enough guilds currently that can field a full 10v10 to actually make a top10 rewards competitive. Even with changed times I think there will only be 8-10 guilds that participate with a full 10 players. If you don’t participate with a full 10 players then you automatically lose because you’ll get swamped and spawn camped to death.

I’m taking part in Fedi threads for the express purpose of trying to make sure the decisions made for Fedi don’t result in further population decline. Hurting the server is the last thing we want at this point in time.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Communities might be missing, but Russians in general are around. And btw - you missed the elefant in the room - ChickenCottage (left), GoodGuild (at least partially active) and us, Yakudza (partially active). We are not even recruiting yet. Give us ok-time for GvG and some FPS tweaks, and we might finally start. Something I’m waiting for a looong time now.

If ChickenCottage, GoodGuild and Yakudza were properly active I’d include them. GoodGuild have been inactive for a while now, they WERE the most active on the server previously but that’s dropped off a lot. ChickenCottage and Yakudza I just don’t see anywhere often enough to consider being active. Maybe they have more than 10 active members, but I think to reliably field 10 then 20 daily active members is necessary. Unless they’re an extremely reliable group or there are some draconian rules for participating at specific times, but that’s a good way to make people leave and go to other guilds where they can enjoy themselves a bit more. Daijoubu has survived and thrived on being positive and fun :3

NoRemorse, FreakSquad and Daijoubu are the current most active guilds.

One major fear I have however for gvg is that it does incentivise careful choice of time of day to participate. I know we’ve already been tactful about dodging FreakSquad to maintain some pts because their experience and lineup at the current time of day is just better than ours. I’m slightly worried that because losing isn’t fun or rewarding at all people will not participate in gvg too. The current spawn system directly on tower is ridiculous and the game could learn a thing or two from mobas with a safezone spawn away from the tower. It’s pretty basic stuff that’s been a standard in games for years now.

ChickenCottage left due to no competition. They were levels ahead of any of our little guilds, apart from, maybe, No Remorse, that has Esia. And now you appear and call urself top guilds. Whatever, I’ll play along.

Speaking for Yakudza, we are GvG oriented formed 100% of RO WoE vets, but there is no GvG and no FPS, and thus, we havent even started recruiting yet, heya. So do you expect us to be active? Just please understand we are used to playing for a long run, so when FPS and GvG time gets better we expect to start recruiting and fill the roster in no time. Current state of the game where IMC reverted it’s own FPS improvements back doesn’t really call for immediate action and competitiveness.

GoodGuild is also active on arena, at least some of the chars. I believe we will recruit the best eventually, like Genbu. ToS only requires 15 members anyway, I don’t see a real problem here.

So, in short - we will be competitive in time, but we need our GvG times. Besides, I still believe there generally is a lot of RU players around notion that we are a minority here is your wild fantasies.

I just hope IMC can at least gather proper data and make necessary decisions. Oh, wait ~

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you defensive about your guild’s activity. I don’t think I really said anything wrong though, and you don’t need to defend the reasoning for not being active.

They were just points about the current state of things. I’m not attacking you. There’s no need to attack me.

I’ll leave the thread at this point I think. I’ve said what I felt needed saying and IMC have the geographic data anyway. Anything further will just go in circles and I really didn’t expect to have a slap fight over the activity level of guilds - it doesn’t matter. I’m sincerely (seriously) sorry I offended you.

o/

I promise that it will be applied for our future patch soon. :smiley:

Please refer to this link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=574&c=31

2 Likes

It’s good when you can actually deliver good news, eh? xD

I was not attacking you, but hey, notion of not catering to a large chunk of community is wrong, dont you think? And you want us if you want competitive battles. We’ll manage to gather some men, dont worry.

Imo it’s something funny like they have a map/time/whatever serv and all servers are synched to this one.
This server may even be the ONE spawning all the events.
And since imc are cheapskate, they don’t want to add dedicated time servers for EU and SEA communities.

So now, they have to review their server code in order to accommodate with spawning events in numerous timezones…
And we know how imc are good at “reviewing” :>

SOON!?
“SOON” was already passed long ago when you moved Fedimian to the Europe.

just to mention there are also russians in internationals guilds and yes they are a big part of community and yes tos eu should cater them as well.
however moscow time is gmt+3 which means that our eu times aren’t really that spread so evening will be fine for the majority.
i’m not in any guild nor i am russian myself but i’m tired of always seeing russian get the short end of the stick

Thanks a lot for reading and replying.

Who needs their reading and replying?
They do nothing for 4 month already.

Change GvG time for Europe!

AVE GOOD GUILD!