Tree of Savior Forum

Guild War 'Colony War'

from ToS INA Developer Q&A Translated

Q: How many large scale PvP like guild wars will be available? We want to know about these informations as well. Or maybe, will there be a Server vs Server, or Castle War, or other types of PvP as well?
A: We are still discussing about this topic. Guild vs Guild to fight over a territory, or maybe a field war. Whatever it will be, IMC Team is still discussing about it

alright IMC why don’t you just call it Colony War already. Given that WoE is property of Gravity, IMC cannot copy the feature. Although they can re-implement another castle siege type of content.

However IMC had made their guild war event in GE which is Colony Wars.

This involves individual guilds fighting across the world map fields to control territories via capturing colonies(Emperium in RO terms). The more territories won the more cash reward and bonus guild buffs are earned.

Also bragfest about the number of territories you guild can captured that will appear in the world map.

Majority of Events happen on Channel 1 so during Guild War event, farmers should avoid channel 1 since its a war zone every where.

4 Likes

This post is a little misleading. From the title I assumed you had info from IMC about GvG, but it was just a recycled info post about another games GvG. :unamused:

“Granado Espada” is a game by IMC, so it’s kinda relevant, but you are right that the title is a bit misleading

How is that fun? Just 4 guilds hoarding all the camps :p. I’ve always disliked territorial pvp because it gives large bonuses to the winner, meaning they will prevail again at the next war. There’s really no chance to catch up.

If the rewards are balanced it won’t be that bad of a curve for people to catch up. And also giving incentive to pvpers is not a bad thing, besides TO THE VICTOR GOES THE SPOILS

Or they could do something completely different to GE and RO.

inb4 …

1 Like

If I am correct in assuming this game targets the same demographic that RO did. PVP was what kept people playing RO. Yes, some were social butterflies, and some (like me) stood around for PvE, but even I got into WoE as my friends did. WoE is what kept RO going, and I’m pretty sure this game would have a big influence from GvG as well. Its fun to do, and promotes socialization in a way that standard PvE content doesn’t.

isnt that the same premise as the castle in WoE. With the defenders having the primary advantage.

Considering the RO “bonus” for WoE it’s HUGE…it’s unbelieveable huge! Apart from the fun by simple joining WoE with your mates the stuff you get out of it is awesome. Took quite some time to gather enough mats for forging godlike equip - so you didn have a direct advantage from WoE early on - just after couple of months of holding many different castles. Played enough games with a nonsense or useless concept like “fight on a huge map with a boss in the middle who drops few gold for wuteva guild last hits it” or “conquer stuff for your faction to join dungeons” wtf? Oo

I never seen anything better in my life than WoE - was the most fun time ive ever had. Whoever gets jelly over a guild “owning” in such wars…well its simple build your own lil in game community and fight them xD

On top i would like some monthly cross server wars - make a reasonable ranking for guilds and the monthly top 1+3 and 2+4 may join in cross server wars as alliance! Rankings reset of course every month - woa this would be HUGE and tons of fun - tons of reason to improve your guild and work your way to the top! oh ya i would love a limit of 40 member per guild - not some nonsense 200 member mass “communities”

This killed me. I don’t think you should ever post again, just drop the mic and put your hands up in victory.

its called Castle Siege it exist in many MMO outside of RO( which calls it WoE)

Today the most popular Castle Siege is now called MOBA in the form of 2 giants League of Legends and Dota2

yeah lineage2 had this exact same thing.