Tree of Savior Forum

[Guild] Maelstrom [Recruiting hardcore/ambitious players for PVP and PVE] [39/40 Dedicated members]

Welcome Aracune!

Not sure if we have a game plan just yet, but we should definitely explore the world, get familiar with the game and get used to the mechanics first. We’ll see what Bragi has in store too :wink:

Can’t wait to party with you guys.

1 Like

Yeah, i can just barly wait the time. Are some of you also playing in the KR CB ? Since I am also playing in this, i would like to know if some you have access to it.

You are playing in the Korean cbt?

3 Likes

Hey guys, I will have some info for you all before the international beta. Also gotta see if any of us get the keys.

3 Likes

yes, i will play in it. Its my first time though. I didnt get selected for the other two phases, because they were even more difficult to get in. I managed to make a verified KR Nexon Account in time and with help of a korean friend of mine. It was pure coincidence that i discovered the announcment of the first international test. I had not expected it to come so soon. But i am really happy about it, cause we can play together if we are lucky enough.

2 Likes

I do hope that all of us will get the beta key. Fingers crossed

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to tell you, I got my beta Key and will take part in the international beta test.

Any other people in our Guild had the same luck?

1 Like

Hi! I’m interested in this guild :slight_smile: I’ve been following ToS for a while and play games like Elsword and Dragon Nest. I used to play RO and other MMOs as well.

I’m planning on doing either a cryo wizard or a priest as my main and live in the PST timezone. Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Who has gotten their beta keys?

2 Likes

Beta key acquired, super excited to see you guys in game

I got mine too!! See you guys ingame!

1 Like

I got a beta key :smiley:

The BGM on the intro screen is amazing haha

I’ve been in maelstrom before, as a FS priestess… And yey~ got a key too! Hope to meet u guys in game too

3 Likes

Noooo! Looks like the beta will have bad Au ping! ToT

SirBragi, did you also get your beta key?

What should we do if you didnt got in? I hope you got also your key, because then we would be nearly complet for CB. And that would be great luck :open_mouth:

I dont know if guild function isnt even implemented yet, but it seems so.

In the case our Leader Sir Bragi didnt got in this phase, I woud say the first one to hit the requirement open up the guild for CB3 and invites the others in.

If guilds work in Korean servers then it should work for iCBT since we also get the most up to date version of this game.

I would love to talk to the guild more in-depth! You guys should consider a chat, I particularly like Discord which is like a fresh TeamSpeak :slight_smile:

i would like to meet you guys too, before CB starts, so we have an idea where we are going for CB.

Also, just made the speed / latency test for Internatial Version. Have 116 ms, thats pretty good for Germany.

But i heared SEA Countrys get pretty bad pings between 300-400. Thats a real shame :frowning:

But there is still hope for you with an VPN Programm (like WTfast or Hotspotshield) which should work for EU Version, because the publisher is not shitty Nexon who blocks those.

I tested from CA and on my horrible internet I still get 120 ms which is bearable for round 1 of CBT.

So far i can give you a short Preview on my time in KR Closed Beta. Dont worry, i wont spoiler you anything:

Beside some connection issues because of bad latency, i have a great time with the Game. Its very different from Ragnarok Online, so dont have to high expectations in that regard, but some things are similiar to RO in this game.

• Its really the spiritual sucessor of RO, because of the strong social component. Yesterday i was in a Dungeon called Cristal Cavern, and i fought my way through tons of mobs. There is no instancing, so all players have acess to the same map. I met a whole guild in the middle of the dungeon, who just stand in a circle and used all sort of spells and fighting technikes to fend an army of incomin mobs. It looked really impressive. Because i progressed pretty fast, i was at the 3 Floor before most of the other players. Mobs were friggin strong so i needed to sit down for rest a few times. I made a bonfire for this to make my HP and SP regenerate faster. And guess what? Some nice people came to my side and joined me at my resting place. Even if the language barrier was some sort of a problem, we chatted happy and conveyed our feelings for the game.

• The Combat System feels like a Futuristic Version of RO. I recommend Controller Uses, because it has be optimized for this. You still need the Mouse and Keyboard for the main Menu, like distributing State Points or changing equipment. When fighting the enemys you can jumpg to avoid their attack, and even dash away from or go towards them with some classes. you can use most active skills even when you are in motion, so it really feels like a more active CS. Story Boss Fights exclude you from other players and you need to do those alone. They are pretty challenging. I think you can do those also in group, if you make a party. Didnt try it yet though, just saw some other People do it.

• The Music is great. Even if the soundtrack contain not as much feel good music as in Ragnarok, you need to break a spoon for them. Much varity in the tracks and some Songs in it too. They did a great job here. They changed the their sort of music, if you compare it to RO, it feels very different, but still it sounds so good.

• Job Advancment. On of the main Features in this game, and its motivating without end. Every 30 Levels or so, you can advance your class a Circle. I think you all read much about this, so wont need to go into detail. But what i want to explain, is the good feeling i get out of this. Other classes even get their own costumes, so they can look pretty unique. And you can still use your skills from your previous class, those dont vanish. Its more like an upgrade.

• Character Advancment. Like in RO you can freely distribute your Attribute Points to your Character. This gives you the chance experiment a lot. Chances are you will mess up badly, if you try out to much, but there is also the possibility to find out a valid and great build.

• Player Shop Function and Auction House. Those exist in this game also. You can open up your own shop every where you want. Like in RO people will see speech bubbles over your head, where you can acess the player Shop. In the first main city people are standing in Plaza and selling their stuff like this. Their is also the classic auction house, so you may not need this. But it still give you a Bazar like feeling, and thats pretty awesome

• Weapon and Armor Enhancment. You can enhance your own Equipment without a special Crafting class, but, you need the items for it. It can also fail, and destroy the item, so be aware of this. There also gems, you can use to further improve the stats on your Equipment. But you need free Slots on your Item, for this.

• Crafting. In game you can make our own Items or Equipment if you are 1) a special Crafting Class like: Alchemist or 2) you have the recept and the items for normal stuff. I didnt bother about this too much.

• Leveling. Lvl cap is at 200 atm. But later you will be able to play much further, i saw in the card zones, recommend lvls between 300-400, so the lvl is fairly higher than in RO. Also leveling get pretty fast right know. I started playing 2 days ago and are already lvl 50. Its not a problem.

Conclusion: The Game feels great. Like a spirit hug from my good old friend RO with better UI, some new stuff and some stuff they didnt get into, like i miss a merchant class. But they did go with time, so after the AH Boom, maybe there is no need for a class like that anymore :frowning: Well, the game really deliver for me. I cant wait to play it with you :+1:

1 Like

Why are we going to have bad Au Ping?

2 Likes