Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Wugushi: The Venomous Tribe

The moment you mentioned A3, I just lost it. I have no love for Archer 2/3, except for the lovely Mutli-Shot. Right. Back on topic.

Is that +2 level really that good? Has anyone confirmed that the +2 level is better than having a good xbow before the switch to DGC? If it is, a QS/Wugu can switch to a 2h when using Wugu skills then switching back to xbow, especially since they fixed the part where your poison dmg follows your current wep, instead of initial wep.

Also, Wugu’s skills are highly situational. After 170, there’s just not that much chance to use AoE skills until Alemeth/Evac since a lot of the mobs will either be too far apart to make it worth or flying. The poison skills would be mainly for bossing and tanky mobs.

If you feel that Ar2 is essential to a QS build, then going Ar2/QS3/Wugu2 would solve all your issues with the QS3/Wugu3 build. You don’t really have to go Wugu3 unless you’re a hardcore poison lover.

What ever your issues with A2/3 are irrelevant. The question was “why QS3 (with wugu)”.

Which I addressed, again, in the middle section. Do you have to be so hostile with the “Whatever”? The Archer 2/3 thing was just a side comment on your recommendation on Ar3 and Swift Steps’s compatibility.

1. You chose to add in what ever issues you had with A2/3 into a question on “why QS3 with W”
  2. You answered with a question. Meaning you don’t even know about the loss in DPS by not using QC (pre 220) with [running shot].
  3. Your last paragraph basically explains why you suggest QS3 with W. It’s because you’re making a QS build and not a W build. Not really the right thread for your QS build. This is a W thread.
  4. A2/3 wasn’t a recommendation. If you look at the posts before mine, @Matsuharu and @yurichalps were talking about QS3 or A3 before going W. My post opened with “A3 I can understand. But why QS3?”

As for the reply that actually answers the question “W skills snapshot current weapon stats for damage”. Thank you for that. [running shot] doesn’t snapshot (you lose the 80% damage) so I have no reason to think W skills would. I’ll need someone to verify that, but thank you none the less.

I see. But can a R2 > W deal decent damage compared to an A3 > W? Or it looses too much DPS? Barrage + Steady Aim looks like it fits well in the skill rotation with Wugushi’s skill, seen that you don’t need necessarily the crit from the Swift Step from A2/A3.

If you’re going R2 you will want at least 1 of your ranks as Ro for [feint] to double [barrage] damage. And if you are going Ro then [sneak hit] gives you 70% flat crit chance (not crit rate) allowing you to go pure STR which W wants.

This thread thread discusses the pros and cons of R1 vs R2/3 if you are interested.

1 Like

Some clarification about.

While the focus of this post is centered on wugushi, i wouldnt like for it to be limited just to it, since wugushi are at most 3/7 classes of the ones you can currently have, and since the game works like that i think it more productive to read about some actual experience about how this class works with other classes, builds, focus, playstyles, etc.

Want wugushi as a sub class? thats fine you know you can make it stronger with elemental damage but it wont be as strong as full obviously.

Want wugushi as a main class? thats also fine, but mind that this class has enourmus CD with no overheats.

I would not like also mere theorycrafting because the is still much uncertainty to make that usefull.

Just leave your experiences so we can figure the mechanics, pros and cons and decide for ourselves :3

ill be updating some info since im now C2 + some cool stuff i’ve gathered on this post

I am A1>R3>W2 ATM with a focus in DEX. what i can say is that as find this build quite strong for me.

Since im not totally neglecting STR and i can compensate the STR im not using with Viper’s Elemental Dmg. This allows me to have high critical on Ranger skills wich also deal some serious damage and complements wugushi lack of AoE and spammable skills, making my chacter more balanced.

probably i will go archer2 next circle so i can depend less on Dex and get more str for all skills. About ranger, either go C3 or keep it at C1, C2 doesnt help too much.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know if someone did this already but, can someone who is A3>W confirm if the Bonus dmg from Kneeling Shot applies to W’s poisons and initial damage?

for what i could read it does increase the DoT, but since kneeling shot doesnt allow you to use other skills you need to apply poisons first then use kneeling shot

Oh, really? You can only auto attack when using it? That’s lame then.

-squints- This thing is going more and more hostile, so this’ll be the last I’ll reply here before it derails the thread.

1, 3 & 4. You mentioned how Ar3 would be a better combination and used that to exemplify why QS3 would be a bad choice. That is the sole reason I brought in Ar2/3 to my reply. Without that, I wouldn’t have cared because, in the end, my reply was to answer your (perhaps rhetorical, now that I look back) question “why QS/Wugu” and not “why QS/Wugu and not Ar/Wugu”.
In my middle section, I focused mainly on the compatibility of the skills and the gears. You asked “why QS/Wugu”, questioning the compatibility between both. A QS/Wugu build is QS + Wugu, not QS only nor solely Wugu. Therefore, to answer that question, one would need to examine both classes as the main aspects of the build. Wugu’s skill was not really focused on because, as you love to tell me, this is about Wugu. Anyone who has read til here would have known most of Wugu’s skills inside and out.

1. You also mentioned that gear-wise and stat-wise, the two classes are opposite ends of the spectrum. That’s the reason for the questions. The reason for asking is simple: without questions, how would answers be given? How do you write an essay or debate? By questioning and answering, exchanging info the other may not have. This is a Wugu thread, as such, the questions are important since you’re the ‘expert’ on QS between the two of us. As per my first paragraph, I only aimed to answer your post/question on “why QS/Wugu”, not anyone else’s questions.

I’ve written numerous possible replies but I think they’ll just add fuel to the fire. Thank you for not answering my questions and telling me this thread is now not worth keeping an eye on since some of the frequent repliers are all too keen on nitpicking and not answering the questions that might suggest the opposite of their arguments.

Just to add to the conversation, I think QS3 can work great with Wugushi because:

• You can cast RS with GC and get +4s on the duration and swap weapons. Your bonus dmg will “only” be 200% when you swap, but the weapon dmg will eventually make up for it, specially if you haven’t upgraded your GC a lot (like, at least +10);

• Dex isn’t really the main focus for a QS, if you check the main thread for A2>QS3 you will se calculations (a lot of calculations) that prove that STR is superior with just enough Dex to get a decent crit rate paired with Swift Step’s critical attribute (something like 80~120 dex). Dex is only the supperior attribute when you get into the R7 classes dmg calculation because of the freaking insane base dmg of the spells.

Please keep the topic on a good vibe :slight_smile: we all have our own opinions and no one has the right to shut down someone else, say what you have to say but don’t be that guy everyone think is an ass…

with that said, i just classed into W1 after QS3 so i’m testing it too ^^ i think that going xbow instead of the higher bow dmg isn’t that much of a loss damage, there is didel grand cross that gives +2 quarrel shooter skills and that is lv220 so you don’t have to keep a grand cross lv40 forever, i think that in the end no one would use a lv40 weapon over a lv220++ weap even if grand cross gives +2 running shot and so on. don’t get me wrong, grand cross is great and i’m using it but every QS knows that sooner or later(focus on later) he will have to grind for a didel grand cross or another end-game xbow

not to mention that QS3 can work perfectly fine even with bow since his main skills are running shot/pavise/caltrops and you can use them with any weapon i think, you only lose rapid fire/teardown/stone shot and let’s be real they aren’t such great skills

2 Likes

What about Wugu with Sapper ?

haven’t tested, but i’ve heard that it was a good combination since it lets you more easily focus on STR wich is usefull for both

so IF we were to do QS3 and WUGU which weapon do you think we should use while doing our poison damage?? I believe that qs3 with wugu is all about weapon swapping which freezes our screen, do we use bow or another xbow for the poison damage?

Just to answer about Grand Cross vs Good XBow

My running shot dmg difference between +10 Grand Cross(163-173) and +6 Catacombs Shooter(332-361) is very minimal.

I know that upgrade level is different but that’s all things I have direct experience with and be able to confirm.

So +2 QS skill, for me, is very impressive.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to see proof. I’ve been hearing too many equip debates (e.g. Cafrisun set vs using normal quest items) to really trust all the hype people put into equips when there’s no proof.

are you using wu too? if so which bow are worth swapping for the poison damage?