Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Top DPS 2hander Doppel Swordsman Build

Hello boys, this will be my first guide on swordsman. If you want to find a strong viable build that can last you to endgame without being a pushover, you are in the right place. This build is primarily PvE but with some switching around you can have a decent place in PvP also!

I present to you the best doppel 2hander build:

The link goes into extreme depth but in case you are too lazy, here is what it contains:

This build is meant to be played mainly in PvE but has certain skills applicable for PvP also. Peltista is taken at rank 2 replacing highlander because later on in the game the taunt and off tank abilities will serve you better in parties and dungeons. Up to level 240 you can tank dungeons just as good as any other Peltista or tanks out there. Additionally, you can use the swash buckling skill to aoe taunt monsters close to you and then swap to your 2hander to easily AOE mow them down.

A LOT of people have been telling me that highlander is better for rank 2 but I STRONGLY disagree. This is my build and I included pelt for a reason. I have done the research and peltasta will triumph over highlander in rank 2 in EVERY way. Pelt brings too much utility and stats to the table compared to highlander. Also, without pelt, you won’t get into a strong grind group. These people telling you to NOT talk pelt at rank 2 are players who don’t know what they’re talking about and are only trying to justify their garbage builds.

Stats

I normally don’t like ratios. I put str and con where I see fit. Dex, however, is absolutely useless for doppel…unless you wan’t to go pvp build.
If asked, I’d prob put the ratios somewhere along the line of

3:1 Str:Con

Add dex until around 30-45 and leave it there.

Aim for plate armor for survivability

Rank 1 =================== Swordsman
Staring off: Depending on what you want to do (PvE or PvP) you should decide now. If you are doing PvE mainly, keep bash at 0 and max out pain barrier instead. If you plan to do some GvG or PvP then I suggest putting 3 points into bash solely for the knockdown.

Thrust 1/5
SP sink skill. Useful due to it’s pierce damage. Attribute required for it to be of any use. If you don’t like thrust you can put this one skillpoint into pain barrier.
Bash 3/5
Keep at 3 and no more due to knockdown effect. Useful for CC on PvP/GvG.
Gung Ho 3/5
Get 3 points in here. Buy the attributes for maximum effect
Concentrate 5/5
Max, simple as that
Pain Barrier 3/5
Pop this and go to town on bosses. Synergizes well with frenzy + deeds of valor because you don’t want to get cc-d while autoattacking.

Rank 2 =================== Peltista
Umbo Blow 5/5
Good aoe stun if you attribute into it. Good knockdown too. Decent overall
Swash Buckling 5/5
Max, no question here. 25% bonus to hp is great for offtanking. Most groups 150+ won’t invite you for their grind farm unless you have this skill.
Guardian 5/5
Max. Dodge rate increase is great!

Rank 3 =================== Barbarian
Here is where it gets extremely hard and where most people quit. When you first get barb you’ll want to spend all your points. DON’T

Max out cleave and put one point into helm chopper. Save the 9 points remaining. You’ll need them for C3 barb.

Helm Chopper 1/5
Decent for dps. Mainly used for the stun

Cleave 5/5
Great ability. Is going to get buffed in the future also. Great for mobbing. Does extra damage if the enemy is stunned (which will be almost always due to helm and seism). Additionally adds +50 crit rating.

Rank 4 =================== Barbarian C2
Here is where we get some major push skills with barb. Everything from this point on should be shining. You’ll be left over with about 10 points remaining too. This is NORMAL. Remember: you are going for the LATE game.

Warcry 5/5
Max, OP later on.
Frenzy 5/5
Definitely max, you will be doing a lot of aa-ing with deeds with this skill on bosses
Seism 5/5
Must max. Seism is barb’s STRONGEST skill.

Rank 5 =================== Barbarian C3
Last circle of barb. Your patience finally pays off. Spend all your points here. Here we get max frenzy and warcry because of the huge bonuses they apply. Also the attributes make these two skills godlike for aoe farming and bossing. Warcry at level 10 increases your attack power for 30 per monster. Attributed with around 10 monsters warcry provides a whopping 600 attack power increase. At levels 125-150 this literally DOUBLES your damage for 30 seconds. Frenzy maxed out provides a +400 attack power increase against bosses.

Warcry 10/10
Frenzy 10/10
Attribute turn on for aoe farming, off for boss fights
Seism 10/10
Helm Chopper 1/15
Used mainly for its stun potential to combo cleave
Cleave 9/15
Still strong. Most of your leftover skillpoints at barb c3 will go to cleave.

Giant Swing 1/5
A lot of discussion on this skill. Relatively useless for PvE but its a fun skill for PvP and I like to see things fly so I just put a point. DO NOT put more than one point in giant swing (if you decide to grab it at all).

Pouncing 4/5
Great skill; its only drawback is the 1min30s cooldown time. Make sure to use it when it’s up whenever you can to help farm faster. Really good for boss fights early on. Turn it on and run around the boss and every single hit will connect dealing 15k+ damage in a couple of seconds.

If you don’t like pouncing or giant swing you can put the 5 leftover points into cleave for a whopping level 14 cleave skill.

Rank 6 =================== Doppelsoeldner
Deeds of Valor (DoV) 5/5
No question here. Max, it will be our staple to-go buff in bossfights and beyond.

Cyclone 5/5
MAX must. Cyclone is one of the ONLY reasons you’d want to go doppel for. It is very strong and at level 10 (doppel c2) we’ll be dishing out tons of damage for a long spin.

Double Pay Earn 1/5
Decent ability.
NOTE: you do NOT have to be the one to last hit the mob or BOSS even to get double the exp. So in party play you activate this skill when the boss is like 5% and you got 12 seconds for your team to burn down the boss and…BOOM double xp just like that. Definitely broken.

You’d want at LEAST one point in double pay earn. I put two here just for some elbow room. Feel free to leave it at just one.

TIP: So apparently double pay earn also works with skills. However, each tick of hit on your skill counts as a “hit” for double pay earn. For example, the barb’s SEISM ability hits 3 times per cast. So a double pay earn at level 1 would only net you the effect if the FIRST line of damage kills them. A double pay level 2 would work up towards the second line. And so forth. Keep this in mind as you level your doppel and if you wan’t to invest heavily into DPE or not.

Rank 6 =================== Doppelsoeldner C2
Deeds of Valor (DoV) 9/10
Here’s where doppel starts to shine. DoV at 9 or 10 is absolutely insane. Because you can keep refreshing the buff and you’ll keep the stacks. You want it minimum at 9 points just to be able to time the recast perfectly. Of course, it can be at 8 points too much that only gives you ONE second to recast it making it more of a hassle. CAN be upgraded to a full 10 points if you only put one point into double pay earn.

Cyclone 10/10

Absolutely max here. No questions about it. Our best skill for a long time. At level 10 it provides 5.5 seconds of spin2win goodness.

I strongly urge you to check out the link and the build in all its goodness. If you have any comments and/or questions please don’t be afraid to PM me or leave a comment.

=========================================
NEW UPDATED BUILD FOR HIGHLANDER C3 INTO DOPPEL C2

So I’ve been getting requests on how to implement highlander. I have done some testing and I feel this is an ALTERNATIVE path you can do if you don’t like barb C3 and prefer Highlander instead. This path will be focusing more on your skills and is more skill-based compare to the barb’s heavy buffing + auto attack skills.

Be advised that this path is a bit harder to complete than barb because you actually take pelt 1 (for future-proofing the build for ranks 8+) instead of going highlander straight up. You replace barb c3 at that point with HIGHLANDER instead. Highlander C1 you only put 5 skillpoints and you save the rest for highlander C2-C3 so that means leveling will be VERY hard but it’ll pay off in the long run.

Remember, this build is FUTURE proof meaning it’ll be effiecient (due to pelt) for any levels past 280+. Any comments or suggestions about this new highlander build or the previous barb build please leave below and I’ll get back to you when I’m not busy. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: This original post doesn’t have the most updated data. If you want the more updated build, please click on the link to ToS-Builds. I will be updating there more regularly.

3 Likes

Hi i was going to run a similiar build, but i was wondering if theres any real benefit to running with over 1 point into the skill “Warcry”? i thought you just grabbed that for the p.atk boost attribute on mobs and target boost, as -30 DEF isnt much end game.

Not sure if you are doppel c2 yet but dov recast not carry out the stack.

You need to gather its from 1 after recast (which is suck)

Warcry give you damage thats decrease from the mon so if its max warcry with max attribute (add target) you get a total +300 dmg from warcry theb +30 from attribute so 330

Is this true?? I’m Doppel1 atm and was hoping that Doppel2 DoV would allow me to keep my stacks if I recast it.

As far as I know, Giant Swing is broken for PvP. The last time I tried using it vs a friendly duel, the rope would just disappear and nothing happened.

I would at least get 1 point into thrust. It’s literally your only piercing type move. Still useful if you want to deal some additional damage vs leather types.

that does not excuse why you’d put more than 1 point into Warcry though. the Attribute, yes is amazing. the ability itself looks like crap.

What he meant was that Warcry boosts your physical attack power by the # of mobs you debuff.

It’s -30 defense / +30 Physical Attack. The skill description doesn’t list the physical attack power gained.

With the max attribute of 10 targets it’s +30 P.ATK * 10 = +300 P.ATK

Extremely powerful skill when debuffing a group of mobs. If you only left Warcry at Lv1, you would only reduce -10 defense and gain +10 physical attack. 10 * 10 = 100 physical attack.

So maxing the skill gives you x3 times the physical attack opposed to leaving it at level 1.

that isnt making sense to me Varuna, unless im misunderstanding what im reading. The Attribute says it gives you +3 Attack per lvl of attribute. The attribute max lvl is lv 10. i dont see how this is related to Warcry itself. besides it being level 1 at least, of course. so if you combined the 2 attributes, you should easily obtain the +300 P.Atk boost if you were to hit 10+ mobs with it

well im rereading the actual description for Warcry and it says it “Bolsters your attack proportionally” . would that mean that the attribute stacks with the buff and you’d get a bonus 600 P.ATK instead of 300?

There are actually 2 attributes to warcry. 1 increases the # amount of mobs you can debuff and the other increases +3 physical attack per attribute.

+3 physical attack per attribute with a max attribute level of 10 means it only gives a flat +30 P.ATK

Which means if you have maxed warcry and the p.atk attribute, it would boost your total p.atk to +330

It does not add +30 p.atk BEFORE the debuff. It only adds a flat amount AFTER the debuff.

Meaning if you did Warcry Lv1 with the +3 p.atk attribute maxed out. You would only gain +130 p.atk

That’s assuming you also have the increased max targets attribute (10 mobs total). Otherwise you’re only gonna be debuffing 5 mobs.

No, it adds a flat +30 amount after the debuff. You would not gain +600 p.atk You would only gain +330 p.atk

Well that is lame but i guess it is “fair”? i have a understanding of the skill. 1 simply does not scale off how many foes you hit, while the other does

Pretty much but it would be friggin OP if you could gain +600 physical attack lol.

Well that explains why some people leave Cleave at like lv 9 in their builds, i always thought it was weird . I cant say im a huge fan of the skill Pouncing but im sure it has its niche.

Hi why get 1 into thrust? It’s pointless at levels 200+ the damage is absolutely garbage. I’d rather that point into pain barrier because at later levels you need to be able to not get cc-ed as much.

Yes, please don’t leave warcry at level 1. If you do that then warcry is garbage. I mean, where else are you going to spend the points? Warcry at level 10 is 30 attack power PER mob (up to 10) giving you 300 bonus if you get 10 monsters. Aditionally, it also decreases the mob’s armor by the same amount which is INSANE.

The +5 mob range is only obtainable at barb 3 so that’s why we need barb 3 and the benefits.

Pouncing is EXTREMELY good. The general consensus here is pouncing sucks but did you know if you apply concentration and cast pouncing it only counts as “1” attack? Meaning the entire duration of conc + damage will apply to pouncing. And pouncing lasts 10 seconds and hits for 20 times. If you cast conc, then pain barrier, then pouncing and run around the boss you’ll dish out insane damage. It’s extremely useful for leveling too.

Take your points out of bash then put it into thrust. You can max pain barrier with

1 thrust
1 bash
3 gunho
5 concentrate
5 pain barrier

Just need to skill reset but you keep your attributes. The damage isn’t really that bad if you consider it boosts your attack by +50% with piercing dmg. 0 CD but it eats your sp away pretty fast when spamming it.

It acts as an alternate basic attack imo. Not always useful but doesn’t hurt to have it in case.

It’s also useful if you want to maintain your frenzy stack without losing it when switching targets. Since thrust counts as a skill you can just spam it on multiple mobs and retain your 20 stacks of frenzy while your skills are on cd.

Noob question but what weapon would you recommend with this build?

What do you means by theorhetical?
Did you played it or arnt you Doppel C2 yet?
This is the most effective path for Doppelsoeldner (and my build too, currently Barb C3) but I would like to have advice from real Doppelsoeldners and not another «on-paper» build made by some guys who never played it and just heard of it.

So you prefer to have +1 sec of Pain Barrier (wich will still be off 50% of the time, 39s CD for 18 sec duration) and drop your only source of pierce damages? Sounds fair…

We don’t give a sh#t about how much Thrust damages is worthless, it still does as much damages than your auto attack, and agains Leather, you will enjoy to do a «pseudo» auto-attack spamming Thrust with +50% damages from pierce damages type AND won’t have -50% damages agains Plate (like your auto-attack and all your slashs damages).

@varuna , as you see I m ok with you, but don’t pick the points of bash or you wont be able to get knock down attribute. Best way for Swordy C1 skill is:
Thrust 1/5, Bash 3/5, Gung Ho 3~5/5, Concentrate 5/5, 1~3/5.

2h swords are required if you want to use Doppel C2 skills. You can use weapon swap to equip 1h Swords + Shield if you want to use your Peltasta skills

Yup, I’m well aware of that. My question was about what weapon exactly I should get. Either 2-handed sword or spear and which one. I’m not familiar with that kind of build and as far as I can read, you’ve been playing it quite a bit. I apologize if I wasn’t clear enough. :frowning:

Ok.
First off all, in this build, you can’t use spears.
To get 1h or 2h spears you need to pick 1 rank in Hoplite (1h), Dragoon (1 & 2h), Cataphract (2h) to be able to learn the attribute to equip them.
This build can only use swords, shields and 2h swords (from Barbarian or Doppelsoeldner attribute).

About «wich one exactly» it depends of your level.
In my opinion Magi Two-Handed Sword is the best lv170+ 2h Sword.
You can have Hell & Heaven (the one i currently have) for cheaper prices.
About 1h swords I personnaly like Catacombs Blade.
You can find all thoses weapons on tosbase.com database. (I would like to add the links but it s quite hard since I am on a cellphone :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Have you actually SEEN a swordy at 225+ casting thrust ? I haven’t, ever. Maybe it’s useful for low level dungeons but at this level and rank you have plenty of other skills you’d be casting. Not to mention it’s a SP sink at 8 per cast and doesn’t stack with DoV attack speed increase which is a boon to your auto attacks. In addition to frenzy which is also auto attack based. Good luck with a build that has a measly 56 attack power skill with aoe ratio of 1. You might as well be casting umbo blow too.

Also: please provide evidence that thrust is an acceptable and even GOOD skill at 225+

Finally, I believe if you wan’t thrust you should go for it, but I think points into pain barrier will be more worth it in the long run. Even if it’s just a couple of seconds.