Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Top DPS 2hander Doppel Swordsman Build

I left mine at lvl 9 becuase at most you ar losing 20 dmg and thats not much .-.

But i might go cleave 9 instead

For now im going Cleave 9, until we get some of those sweet Ktos barb buffs . 16s overheat 3 on cleave would kind of greatly boost it.

1 Like

You’re telling me you are going to swap to shield during a boss fight and cast rim blow? At level 225+ I don’t think I even use umbo blow let alone will use rim blow. The points in these skill are pointless, I only chose umbo blow because of the stun + knockdown will be effective form of CC. The damage is horrible and gaurdian is more useful at 5 because you don’t want to continously recast it. Increase duration is better.

Plus I already discussed and talked about this higher up in the thread with at least one other individual. Please refer to that for more reasons why rim blow is waste of skillpoints.

Either way Bash is the better skill, as it has more uses and stays relevant source of CC for a long time.
Unless your going Highlander in which case ied say taking 1 point in Thrust to make use of cross guard is very smart and works very well even at lvl 150.

I agree here, but look up more in the thread for the discussion on why thrust is put 1 point into. Bash at 3 is solid for knockdown.

The Build and stat allocation you are going for has no synergy with each other.
The only way to justify going with a high STR build and NOT taking Hoplite is to nab Highlander for Cross guard so you have a way to NOT take physical dmg…
So with out it you are spending TONS of silver and TP on this build becuase you have NO evasion.
even going leather armor is not enough to save you here, but you already stated that you were going leather…

First, the build is NOT leather but plate. Second, this is a 2hander doppel c2 sword build. Not hoplite. If you want a hoplite build please go pelt-hop3-doppel-goon for the FOTM goodness.

So what is a good stats build for DPS Doppel? I feel like I fu*k up my stats since I tried to do a 2 Str: 1 Dex and up con when necessary.

At the top of my guide I mentioned the ratios and stats you should go into.

You didn’t f*cked up.your stats. :slight_smile:
All here are about min-max’ing, but your stats build can still be viable.

Looking at Cathexis guide, he recommand an «all-around» stat for most Doppels wich asked him de stats distribution for their build.

Now if you are looking to min-max’ing, a «full X» may be better but as he said:

I think most builds are okay. Some people reccomend dex while I (and some others) reccomend str.

The important part here is you get enough con to survive as you will be taking a lot of damage.

DoV 9/10 really?
Until you stack DoV 9 times in a build 3:1 str:con like you suggest you will get more than 30% of your hp off(so many stacks of -10% defense drop). In the end, you will have only 10% of your defense to deal with OP archers mobs at 225+ surely will 1 shot you almost every time and deads can’t do dps anyways.

In fact this is a GOOD dps build, not a TOP. I doubt in a 240+ parties grind they will like to save your ass 90% of the time because of DoV.

With a build dex:con:and some str, you will survive more and do ALMOST the same damage as a str:con(3:1) build. With DoV, archers will be most deadly than magical ones.

Hey so apparently dex is USELESS

Dex is absolutely pointless for doppel. Reason why? DoV. Deeds of valor SCALES off of more attack power. if you only have barely any attack power because you went dex then obviously you’re missing out on the main source of damage provided from deeds.

Anyone who goes Dex in this build (or any 2hander swordy builds) is SEVERELY crippling themselves. Don’t listen to these naysayers that preach dex>str because they don’t know what they’re talking about. The math has been done multiple times over and everyone always agree that str>dex late game.

Guts build>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kirito build

Would hardly say pointless.

You could argue that with all the increases you get from attack power in barb3 and DoV, that you should focus elsewhere.

My 227 dex/con dopple kills just as fast as a str/con dopple, while enjoying way more EHP to physical damage.

For example I can easily kill 4 blue spion archers with 1 cyclone and only lose 0-4k hp. As a full strength build, you’d lose 4k hp every volley (they do about 1k each)

After playing both a strength swordsman and dex swordsman, I can 100% say that strength is better on paper, dex is better in practice.

Not to mention in pvp, with an archer buff, I have ~40% evasion vs someone with 500 accuracy.

In kToS swordsman are getting a 30% buff to str meaning the more str you put the better it is. What do you feel about this and your current dex build?

I feel str builds are great for PvE and dex are more PvP focused. Is that not the general assumption? Also I believe that with more str, deeds of valor will have an even BIGGER boost. In addition to all of your atk increasing spells from barb, deeds will scale greatly with strength. You also need to take into assumption deeds increase atk power on a percentage base. That means the more str (or attack power) you have, the more you’ll GAIN from deeds. If you have almost nothing in attack power (because you went dex) then you won’t GAIN as much therefore making deeds a bit more useless than strength swordies.

Not going to worry.

Right now you can obtain near or even 100% crit rating with a Chronomancer and Priest, depending on the target’s crit resist. And If they’re Krivis, that’s an extra 130+ crit damage. Also, the biggest DPS loss is against high defense targets, so when certain classes reduce the mobs defense, you gain more than a strength build.

Even with the buffs, my 300 dex build will still be doing near the same damage as a strength dopple.

From my experience, in a vacuum, strength is better than dex. But once you factor in other things (like player buffs), dex outperforms strength.

Yes that’s understandable. Strength is still better in the LONG run. Especially when ranks 8+ are being released. There is math done that shows strength is promisingly superior than DEX builds.

A buff to str helps dex builds just as much since they’re going to crit harder as well. Honestly, there’s way better ways to make melee dps viable instead of this joke of a change.

Every other class branch has useful skills on their base class that are still viable lategame. Clerics have heal tiles, wizards have quick cast and sure spell, archers have swift step and kneeling shot. The only useful thing swordsmen have for high level PVE is pain barrier and that’s it. Gung ho/Concentrate need to have some sort of scaling so that every DPS build can be at least somewhat viable in the long run.

No, plenty of world bosses and high end mobs have over 400 upwards to 750 defense. And armor crash has nearly 90% uptime with a single highlander already. It’s not a gamebreaker but there are few buffs that can increase everyone’s damage to this amount at this stage. The only stronger dps increases would be vulnerabilities but those only come from very selected sources (fencers, etc) and don’t last very long.

Regardless, it’s pointless to go around 2h dps builds since there’s just no good swords for lategame anyway, they all either have ■■■■ bonuses or only 2 sockets and barely any bosses are vulnerable to slash. If you want to be a melee dps at least go with a spear hoplite/dragoon or something since there’s at least good weapons for that and plenty of eather armor bosses.

Which leads me to my main point, if you’re going to do crap damage anyway might as well bring something useful to a group. Hence, armor crash, or you reroll into something that actually does damage (like archers).

Updated build [5/31/16]

• Added Highlander pathway

• Some skill tweaking and explanations

• More info added

It’s pretty funny to see level 285 bosses with 458 defense while a few level 210 ~ 280 ones have more lol (500 ~ 789).

I feel like those lvl 285 ones are just placeholders. Though the good thing is that those lvl 280- ones have literally no crit resist.

On the other hand, a small 500 ~ 800 damage increase is pretty small at level 280… For single hit skills. Still, a damage increase is a damage increase.