Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

yeah of course we are; my point is that doppel does not need a new 2handed class; but overcome his defense problem haha plus most of doppels of the past, choice the class “only” because they are at the good side; not because they liked or felt it right, but because they are strong on that content.

yeah, but this is why we call sacrifice, and not choice haha; but overall i do not see the benefit of nak; it have a huge group of skills but pelta 1 works good as well too and so it may be a better alternative ; of course we would have 100%uptime on guardian, but also no one ever get fully punched 100% of the time; so the downside of 15 sec it may not even be felt but something we must look as well in my opinion is the use of spr; i have not fully tested yet on velc, but it seems spr also may bring joy for doppels outside of choosing pelta, when playing solo in normal content i find that the use of aukuras with spr set already gives enough healing plus it’s solve the problem of sp; of course the set i’m talking about is a primus-bertas with 2-3 greens and at least CON+SPR on it; i only have 50 bonus spr+con+dex on my set so far (missing 2 pieces) and they are only bertas, but is something to look at; 3 green pieces or even 2 pieces is not so rare anymore, so changing out of the solmiki and using a primus-bertas high spr-con we can easy reach 150-200 of status with set only and this really helps when doing cm’s and so on, solo without cleric too.

about the weapon; i’m not gonna go against it; because i love it; as i said before i’m more or less on HOLD on tos; so i sold all my good items outside of my trans 10 +17 hammer for my cleric, ; so most of my current items are brought from those desperate markets; for example: i brought a +11 primus trans 8 socket nv 6 critical spear for my corsair i mentioned above; for 35kk it’s not a super weapon but for the price i paid!!; i have been ogling that spear since the owner put on the market at 60kk but i never brought it because it was too expensive for me right now (since i’m more or less not fully gaming), and also because the market was super saturated with it, so the wait finally paid off yeterday.

Ahh those meta sheeps that jumped wagon on punish when it was OP.

Anyway as for the classes I don’t really mind, I just want something new, not really needed to be rank 9-11, but rank 8-10 is fine.

Like what matador is to fencer, it’s a good choice to not pick shinobi when you can pick matador 2. The bunshin cd nerf is just an abomination on harder content where your main (not clones) is dozen times stronger because of thauma buffs, blessing stacks, attributes, etc.

Classes like Falconer can take mergen or BM, which is great. As it is now, Doppels take Shinobi which is still OK but it’s slowly going down. Shinobi is a one circle wonder and you’re back to basics with picking pelt 1 or pelt 2 to remove HL3 (or whatever build combi with Doppel 3)

I want to move away on shinobis already, lol

I’m assuming nak muay popularity because it’s a higher rank with a decent skill factor. And it’s like shinobi. Another one rank wonder with no weapon restriction because you are left with no choice

yeah, about this there is not a lot that can be done, but the game is evolving, we not always had this type of followup; corsair for example just now got his grand opportunity with reitarius, that allowed him to function a little with dagger and i’m sure that we will get new swordsman classes as well that will be able to be taken with doppel , but god’s will help me and do not make those classes weapon lock in two handed sword; it will be too much since by giving a exclusive new 2 handed sword class for doppel, for example i understand the need of doppel having two handed sword; and even the locking option in it, but i believe it would be a lot more popular as class if it was not open locked, since as today we know the advantages that a two handed weapon have over one handed , so if anyone wanted to take doppel with 1hsword, is his problem, and i speak about this because i would, now we have reitarius as i said, but in the past my corsair was with doppel and yeah, i only used dov+cyclone and so on, because i was dual wield and i liked it in that build, after all most my chars i create it with a concept and in the past we did not had any option for a followup with corsair so i had taken doppel.
So i’m sure we will get something in the future; even now i’m waiting for a followup for mounted classes outside of lancer for example, since i do not really like two handed weapon (as you must have noticed by my msg’s, with my corsair with doppel for example).

i believe that the followup that IMC is doing with TOS, as choosing only historical class and everything else is a good core concept , but i may not be the only one who believes that this is really killing the game a little as recent or at least really pushing the game back by a lot .
Take BM for example; they admitted that they made it outside of their concept of historical classes because is really popular concept in gaming and everyone likes it, and in the end is true, everyone loved-liked bm a lot.
So the main problem is still weapon lock; we should have it in a limited fashion and going away a _little from historical values could benefit it; for example they could give a ■■■■■■■ super attribute for matador if he is using rapier similar as fencer have that attribute that boost 15% of skill damage using rapier; but if a doppel wanted to take it; they would lose some short of passive attribute by not using rapier; but would benefit of everything else this in the end would be a choice, and a valid one, i myself had made a lot of them with my concept’s builds like the one i talked before, and they still functioned normally, since as we know just by pushing enough equips is enough to function in tos of course this does not need to be done with all classes or even all skills, but you get the gist of it, more flexibility would be good for tos right now, at least in swordsman tree, since even archer is getting that wagushi+sapper attribute to use pistol in the damage calc, this kind of flexible is what swordsmans needs.
This is it, the reason why i think tos core values is nice and good, but is more or less killing the game in the long run, after all we are playing a game and not a historical battle maybe this is what we should be doing; asking imc to be more flexible overall, maybe we could send a ticket for them, if enough is send they could listen.

shinobi is very controversy right now, without doubt but i still like it maybe because is one of the only options that is strong but does not have a restriction but the CD nerf i believe it was a smart move, it allows us to think around for example i use the shinobi smart trick by saving the last OH of atks and do not use on bushin, so it does not have the cd increase with a lot of decisions that imc made so far in the game, i find this “nerf” of shinobi one of the best there is so far made by imc , is not simple nerfing the class, but allows us to think a little more, if we should push up full rotation for that extra burst, or save some for after it’s over so we can keep the damage up, it’s allows us to choice.

The shinobi cd isn’t really a choice

If you decided to save CD for example on sturtz, you would have to wait for bunshin to go off before using that last charge. Sure you lowered your CD a little, but fact is, the cd of the skill became almost the same because you waited for bunshin to go off before using the skill’s last charge and the skill would only start cooling down AFTER you use your last charge.

Doing this isn’t a very logical play either. The Shinobi nerf was needed, I like it, I want to stay away from shinobi, as long as they give us choices, but we do not.

maybe for doppel it is; But my shinobi build have too many skills copied by shinobi, sometimes even when i try full use with 110 dex, is not enough; i use double slash cleave hexen dust devil impale dagger and kunai.
all of them have OH; most of them have 3 and one of them 4. ; so is a lot of skills i can easly use 2 and save 1 for when bushin is over.
and even if i save all last OH i can still keep it on the 20 sec window; because impale dagger does not use dex and have 4OH; of course this causes me some dps decrease, because i’m saving some more OP skills like hexen, to use cleave etc, but still is viable and work’s well without any doubt.
But overall to make the rotation works; i use slash first so they can enter cd; since it have lower CD as well, even with the increase and follow up with pierce, because they have higher cd, and thus i keep the rotation a lot better than if i simple used everything like Hexen for example, it grows to up 50 sec if used on bushin.
Also not all skills are bushin use; so even after the bushin is over, i can rotate fast cd skills like kunai 10 sec, with the left over OH from other skills plus the other skills that are not shinobi copy, maybe it can not be done with doppel, but sure it can be with other builds.

Yes for specific skills with terrible cd and more than 2 charges you do it, specially flash on fencers.

Sticking to pelt for the mean time until more R8 classes are announced. Or, even R9 if tos is actually going beyond R10.

sorry to say but will be impossible, even when they release a better class, you will never be able to forget the naruto running stance, hahah.
about rank 11-12 i believe it will have without doubt, since the mining from tosneet already had found the calc until level 500 since i believe the calc put there should have been made with this in mind, data from the game showed something until level 500, after all if it was simple build as normal calc there was no reason for her to use 500, she could simple put the level cap at that time!. , but this could not be a smart move either, just think about builds with TWO rank 8 classes, haha.
i believe would be better to finish those main ranks at 10, and then we get extra ranks with the so called master classes they mentioned before.

about pelt i just tested it on my corsair, pelt 1 i can say that is enough for normal content, of course it’s super upset me to not have the buff at 100% uptime, but is viable, have not gone velc nor solmiki in it, only tested on hq salus and so on , and thus normal content.
but in end i will go back to the previous one with barb for the slash debuff and extra bushin skill.

Maybe we get new classes with R11 just like R8
2x r8 c3 cls would be boring.

Doppel Physical AoE god.

yeah I’ll try dropping shinobi with the new hitboxes+aoe atk ratio.

Doppel Physical AoE god. Gg

Anyone trying out Fencer C3+Corsair C3 on rank 10?

My fencer has been rotting with shinobi and I feel like trying both Matador C2 and Corsair C3.

Although, Matador C2 obviously wins in terms of superiority in…everything except pillage?

Matador 2 also allows you to pick pelt 2 :<

Corsair gives more shinobi skills.
So maybe cor2>Fencer3>shinobi?

could work, but at the point of doing higher end game content like CM stage 7 and velcoffer, I find shinobi to be weak. Unable to benefit from attributes and buffs is a big pain.

Although flash is one of those skills with high base skill factor

I dont like Shinobi too.
But it has a lot of skills to copy.

Its sad that the rete debuffs only work with spear…

Hello everyone.

How’s doppel with pelt build now ?
Something like sw3 - pel2 - bar -dop3 - x.
how good is new guardian ?
I got 3 rank resets and thinking of abandoning shinobi, since casting clone takes too much time.
what would be a good r10 for that build though ?

oh and which skill simulator is used now ? since tos neet kinda dead already.

rocking good. haven’t tried it on doppel yet personally, though.

You’ll need to taken zucken if you’re going that path. Maybe HL2 over sword 3 for more fillers?

is it that good to throw gungho 15 away ?

the problem is, I dont have enough spaces for hotkey, since I play with ps4 controller.
and swapping between set1 and set2 during combat is abit to hard.
and sw3 have that 15 pain barrier.

also, with rank 10 new stuffs, can I even have zucken ? when redel/zorn need 6, cyclone need 11, and dov 15, I dont have much skill points left.

I personally will leave cyclone at 1. It’s not a good skill, takes a long time to build up. IMO let aiming do the radius work.

I switched from SW3 build to HL3, I had to use 3 gazing golems and double SP pot (rikaus card+single pot when I was SW3)

I also use gamepad with xbox360, if you don’t mind using addons I suggest getting this:

Shows set 1 and 2 off the bat.

I will test around and drop HL3, I don’t think HL3 is worth. Skull swing is very bad. HL3 feels like vertical slash+stronger skyliner only.

can you tell me which addon display both set 1 and set 2 together?