Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Im a returning player and i’m looking for build advice.
how does sw1>hl2>barb2>dop3>Shin compare against sw3>barb2>dop3>Shin?
Do the extra ranks in gungho and pain barrier make a huge difference?

Yes they do, but HL skills are also nice.

for bunshins instead of double slash you have crown+moulinet.
Skyliner and crosscut as fillers VS strong SW3 buffs.

I was thinking, I really enjoy critical attack. Is fencer better than a monk zealot? Could you share your thoughts?

for what? boss fights? I think blind faith is very strong to compete with and if you play fencer-nobi with the correct rotation + without rikaus cards you’ll burn sp very fast, much worse than a zealot.

but yes, they’re very good for bosses.

For a BM, this distribution is good right?
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3133355dii.4525.1f2f6175.11294a6575.153555.5521617a85a5

Is it worth putting extra points in Bullet Smash or should I put the extra points somewhere else?

Also, I don’t know if you noticed this, but the google doc title says Murmillo instead of Bullet Marker.

I think you should put the points in SIlver Bullet.

It’s one of the most OP buffs in the game.

Yeah my bad on the title, I forgot to fix it, thank you

1 Like

Alright, thanks.

Another question, do you know if Blind Side’s level affects the critical chance or just the duration? I’m limited to 5 points since I want Forgery and Identify, so I’m not sure if I should max Blind Side or keep it at 2 and get Overestimate.

Yes , specially boss fight.

Not sure if I understood correctly. So zealot is much better than swordman builds in critical attacks, right?

oh sorry I thought you meant which is better for boss fighting in general, if we’re discussing only on crits then yes fencer is very much for you, a bit hard to reach 700-800 crit rate mark if you are undergeared though.

the crit damage bonus from blind faith doesn’t last long if that’s what you are after

I believe it scales per level. not sure of the exact amount but it should be around 20± at level 5?

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

About killing boss and soloing in general(pve) , what do you think?

Sorry for my insecurity, I never had a swordman and I feel that this build is hard to reach. I am more familiar with Cleric tree, that’s why I use that for comparison. Thank you for helping

hello, i was thinking about making a 2h swordman and though of this build without shinobi https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111669996.233f5f6785.ba955a6aa971.411f536a7a91a5 about stats i was thinking on maybe 50 CON/50-100DEX/rest STR, any advice?

I think Zealot does everything better in general, I have a zealot too (but it’s a Paladin3>Monk1>Zealot2) Fencer is just a bit underpowered atm compared to others.

for some AOE burst though shinobi-fencer can do better.

Hello. this seems okay, but don’t you want Zucken? you don’t have a lot of good skills as barb3.

i though about that but i dont know were should i take the points out, any suggestion?

You can take some points off of redel, zornhau or sturtz and put 6 points in zucken.

In the end your damage output will be higher with one more skill to use because you don’t really have a lot of attack skills with only barb 3

ty, so what about this https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111669996.233f5f6785.ba955a6aa971.411f5367867791a5 with 50CON/100DEX/rest on STR? using Red gems i think

Looks good. Since you like all three stats (str/con/dex) I recommend using 3x 10 star rafene cards. You can put less con/dex and put more str.

Rafene cards give all the stats you want while getting SPR bonus.

and go with green gems if you have a very good weapon

Thank you :smiley: it makes me feel more secure knowing that you already have a zealot.

About the fencer, the AOE burst would be the Swordsman 3- Peltasta - Corsair - Fencer 3 - Shinobi (Fencer Focused) build from spreadsheet? I think you are updating the builds so I will wait to see your recommendation . Thank you in advance for your work :smiley:

Yup, but I think I’ll only be placing two builds there after updating:
SW3>Pelt>Cor>Fencer3>Shinobi
SW3>Barb>Cor>Fencer3>Shinobi

I didn’t have much time or have a lot of resets to play around with other builds sadly and I have no other fencer friends with other builds.

1 Like

sw>pelt1>Hop3>Fencer3>Shinobi builds getting popular atm.
Or maybe pelt c2>hop c2 not sure
But i dont like the build and stick to my sw3>pelt1<corsair build.^^

1 Like

A question since you’re running that build too, did you notice or check if your flag attribute is still working?

Jolly Roger:Unity is supposed to give you yellow misses on hit by a low chance, but during my CM runs I don’t see it triggering unlike before