Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Hmm not sure exactly, but I imagine a well geared Fencer 3 with Composee as main damage would scale more for a longer sustained damage. For example (correct me if I’m wrong) let’s say the avg Comp without max atri would be 30-35k? I assume you can hit 1 Comp per second or something close to that.

So in a 10 second bout you’d have around 300-400k damage dealt (let’s assume it’s with Coq initial damage) vs in 10 seconds, you can dump
Coq>Prepa>Bal (160k avg)
Sept (90k avg???hard to read mult hits)
Fleche> 80k avg
Disarm> 80k avg
Lunge> 40k avg

Like in my vid I took out Orange Harp (338k hp) in less than 10.

I personally think the Composee Fencer is far more efficient. Then again, i’m barb3, plus aside from it’s not my personal play style preference, I’m a little wary of attributing 80m silver for a skill I might not be using in the future circles. It hits like a truck tho.

So far, I’m alright with my build at least. Usually 1st on mission dungeon bosses and I can do my part in dungeons, probably not ET for now though.

Am I correct in assuming that there’s an addition line of elem damage in your composee vid? Looks nice and smooth, do you have a vid vs a boss or something to show damage?

Thanks for the test.
So it’s safe to say that Prep + (uninterrupted) Stabbing will yield roughly the same damage as Prep + Sept + Composee.
One saves on SP, one offers slightly more flexibility.

@Feelstasta

Sorry, I was referring the quoted portion of my previous post to someone else.
However you might want to try using Prep on Sept instead of Balestra (assuming both have roughly the same attributes and that most Sept hits are critical hits, which should happen with Balestra’s debuff at the very least), as it’ll give you a higher damage output, regardless Balestra is damage capped or not.

It’s just Composee dealing 2 hits per cast.

There’s no additional line. It’s impossible to do so. You can browse my youtube vids if you want.

Cool, so is it 33k per cast for you or 33k x2 per spam? Is this with your AoE gear? The equal damage is satisfying to watch lol

Yes roughly the same if we factor in composse spam after your sept burst. I think it’s 5 composse cast to catch up.

Im jelly how Composee looks so chill and civilized, my set is barbaric in comparison. I can barely look at the screen, my eyes always on my timers lmao

Hmm 33k x 2 would be me soloing cloth mobs right now. What vid are you looking at?

the one with the 315 mobs, kinda hard to see because there’s so many, plus I haven’t used compo in a long time—I forgot how it works lol

@Sera1003 Question

I went for 2slot dagger green gem since I cannot reach 600 with phada using cards… is that fine? or do you think of other optimal set-up where I can have red gem on my subweapon? My crit rate now is at 607 w/o sissel.

Venier 2 yellow
Pajoritas dagger 2 green gems
Phada
Aoe headgears

I believe the aim is to reach atleast 600 crit rate but if you can advise another set-up that’ll be great

What lower rank classes (aside from spear lunge hop, sw2 sw3 conc or gungho boost) can give Fencer damage boost? Like %critrate/crtdmg etc etc? Does barb or hl give dmg/crit boost? I went pel3 btw :smiley:

barb cleave give 50 flat crit rate

Yep i also aim for 600 CRate.
I was lucky and got some sweet CRate with awakening on my weapons. (+22 on my dagger)
I guess u own a Max Petamin (+14 Dex = +14 Crit Rate)
There are some gloves which give CRate (Red Veris Gloves (23 CRate), Virtov Gloves(18 CRate))
2 parts lolopanther set gives additional CRate (46 Crate) - 4 parts lolo additional 25 dex
(6 parts solmiki, too…3 parts for +25 stats, 6 parts for 72 CRate)
One of the demon lord WB drops leather armor/Pants with Dex (Haste leather Robe (+6 Dex) or u can go for Rokas Leather Armor (+8 Dex)

And those new hunting ground rewards yield some Dex/Crit Rate (sadly low lvl gear, but who needs PDef anyways, since u can socket yellow gems :>)
Eastern Leather Armor (16 Dex, 7 CRate)
Eastern Leather Pants (14 Dex, 7 CRate)
Eastern Leather Boots (7 Dex)
Mix in any gloves with CRate or even Vubbe for AoE

So there´s a lot of gear aiming for CRate right now.

If i find the motivation for ToS again. I´ll start farming eastern leather Chest/Pants immediatly (If possible with more gem slots, then i´ll socket lvl 5 or 6 yellows)
Still going for my Vubbe/Virtov Gloves
For boots its still either Virtov or Wind Runners.

With those parts u look at 69 CRate just from armor pieces.
With ~500 Dex as base (Full Dex skilled)
U just need 30 CRate for the aimed 600+

So Max Peta is +14
1 or 2 good awakenings on weapons ~ +20/+40
Pajoritas Dagger + 15

So its possible, just a little bit of adjustment in gear.

Also dont forget ur MOnstrance Scrolls!!! I use them as often as i use SP Pots :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again! Oh right forgot about the Max Peta as I am enjoying the Agny necklace for dps. As for the Eastern that’s something I need to test too. Eastern full set gives a whooping 50+ crit rate lol (inclusive of the crtrate from DEX). I do have the set and planning to mix it with (lolo leather gloves and boots), but I think the def is pretty low. Currently fond of using the top/bottom nyx set. Well, im used to it… Swordsman should have different armors/gears to be flexible. The ultimate test tho for the eastern parts will be 290 dungeon or the 300+ maps.

As for the other gears, may have to recompute.
So Max Peta is +14 <-- check
1 or 2 good awakenings on weapons ~ +20/+40 <— slightly check 14 from venier
Pajoritas Dagger + 15 <-- check

Regarding monstrance scrolls, hmm might as well create my own alt for making one? A self-supporting fencer account ( I have squire3 btw lul).

I’ll test the Eastern leather top and bottom for you slotted with 6 star gem :wink: and will be back here with my findings (hopefully by Monday as weekend is my tos rest days).

As for the pending question? How do you think we be the best balance:
Sub weapon gems (Green vs Red) over Cards (Ella and Glass mole)
What’s the priority? Sample: Get critrate 600 via Subweapon green gem first then go Glass Mole? or Get critrate 600 from 4-8pcs Ella, then red gem on subweapon.

Sample
Scenario A:
Card: Ella 8 pcs : 80 critrate
Subweapon: 2 redgems : 290 pattack

Scenario B:
Card: Glass mole 8 pcs : 80% pattack - 10secs after sp pots
Subweapon: 2 green gem: 84 critrate

(Scenario A looks promising, would like to know your thoughts on a “general” basis. I’m using scenario B at the moment but was itching to ask this for some time now)

I enjoy the current active discussion regarding Fencers. Great job everyone :slight_smile:

Stab away!

Is this for barb1? 2 or full barb3? (I tend to ask question based on user experience though I search for answers too). Thanks in advance.

Huh…This is a tough one.

First i have to clarify something:

Glass Mole Cards only work for 6s! The tooltip is still wrong!
U only get the buff for 6s - i even logged in to test this out a few minutes ago, cuz i wasnt sure anymore :slight_smile:

From my point of view:
If i would play alone a lot i would go for A.
The overall DPS would be slightly higher. Redgems in the offhand yield a lot of DPS and its important to have a constant flow on crits.

In my special case i always have 1 or 2 players with me doing stuff, cuz ToS isnt fun playing alone. Thats why i choose the Glass Mole way (Also i have red gems in my offhand). I pretty much have either quicken (+25% Crit Rate) or Monstrance (either scroll or buffed from a cleric)

Now to something important we shouldnt forget!
If we ever get a rapier (except Lolo or Solmiki) Glass Moles and Crit Rate gems would be the way to go. Red gems wouldnt be that strong anymore cuz of transcending etc.
Glass Moles will rule than.

This 2 points made my change my build to Glass Moles a while ago.
(We all were motivated and did ET daily, until we all lost this motivation somehow, and now we just log in from time to time while playing another game - still hoping for ToS to be great again…)

long story - short conclusion:
Playing solo: Ella cards until Crit Rate feels satisfying and going Red gems offhand - changing Ellas for Glass Moles while still having a nice CRate (Definitly doable)
Grp content: There is only one way (everyone has at least a Chronomancer in high end content - is there anything besided ET we could call highend … LOL) -> Glass Moles and Red Gems in the offhand!

This might not be the clear answer u wanted to hear. But tbh. i cant give u straight out a “GO A” or “GO B” cuz this all depends on what u wanna achieve in this game, which players u have around u and which gear u currently have.
With better gear u can swap out Ellas to Glass Mole while still haveing Red Gems in ur offhand.

I still hope i could give u some insight on my thoughts, even when they were not that satisfying.

And another thing…i completly forgot about Agny Necklace. -> Yes u should definitly use it if possible, the DPS an Agny yields is great.

Thanks for the prompt response, gonna slot my 8* red gem on my pajoritas then lol jk. Still holding on to it till I decided to use 300+ practo dagger.

These are definitely helpful, I think I’m just OC with my critrate that I even went to 2 Green gems offhand. (if my budget permits, I’ll find another two slot pajo dagger and slot it with red gem). Most likely I will review my gears again but will definite go red gem offhand then fill-up the critrate with Ellas.

Yeah, sadly I rarely used my Max Peta now haha.

If you want to continue the discussion… how’s an alt monstrance scroll maker sounds to you? :smiley: I can still create an alt before the level up event ends. Not sure if the scroll is costly and how long is the duration? What level of monstrance is advisable etc etc.

Well im not sure about the price, i have my sister for that task. I always make her potions while in retunr i get every scrolls i need.

So not sure. But they arent that expensive.

Cool thanks I read that monstrance 1 is enough so at the minimum it’ll be Priest1+Pardo1 :smiley: . Gotta love that 30% Dex increase (right?)

problem about monstrance scroll is cast time and short duration

very anoyning to spam it

1 Like