Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge: The Forgotten Class

Is that 34.4 + (49.6) + 60 = 144? Not many increases though

It’s not necessary to put the brackets since multiplications & divisions are calculated first before additions & subtractions.

But the bottom line is, the bonus from INT part is calculated separately from the multiplication bonus by skill level.

I’ve been out of math class too long… you win this time, calculus >: (

On the bright side, I guess the person who asked sucks at math too. And it’s definitely an overall buff to the skill. Hooray!

I’m still sitting a Wiz3>Thaum3>Warlock2 hoping Thaum will get buff, but it only got messed up with weapons transcend damage.
IMO +100% weapon damage is what thaum suppose to do but got stolen :frowning:

At the same time, Swell Brain is one of the worst signature C3 skill in the game. I hope it will at least +100% exp together with 50 INT

DIfference of 700 int and 40 int (Transpose).

I have a wizz>pyro2>thauma3>linker2 (not in this order) now with the agny I had a good dmg with JP> HK > fireball

does lifeline and transpose work together now? i want full int with swell brain transposed to con and share it with team with lifeline

transpose wont be shared to party but your transposed int to con will be

Nope, Last I tried it doesn’t.

Using Transpose followed by Lifeline will result in you sharing your stats before transpose. Transpose buff ends the moment lifeline is used.

Using Lifeline followed by Transpose will only affect you, but using using your lifelined stats. Transpose buff ends together with lifeline.

edit: there used to be a bug where some combination of the both will result in you being able to achieve pass 100k HP. I can’t seem to replicate the bug now so I suppose it’s solved.

edit2: My observations are from a ThaumaLinker3. The interaction MAY be different with Transpose and Lifeline coming from different characters.

If Thaumaturge_Swell Brain dont affect with *[number of ranks] bonus Thaum c3 is useless, than better take Linker C1-C2 (or something)?

+145 INT is useless?? That’s news to me.

It’s still excellent for classes with INT-scaling abilities, which includes Thau’s other buffs as well (Swell Left/Right Arm, Transpose). If you think that’s useless then I guess your build doesn’t rely on INT at all.

150 int +150 matk, ascendent bis weapon give u more than 1k (1500 is max)
better take C2 Linker

Obviously you’re not going to take ThauC3 and Swell Brain for the magic attack boost alone (though Left+Right Arm still gives around +1000 magic attack, which is pretty significant). It’s a good supportive class choice for builds that use direct INT-scaling, ex. Thaumaturge, Necromancer, Sorcerer, Cleric, Priest, etc.

Is it a good class for every build? Maybe not, but it’s far from “useless”.

Head buff is not useless but it’s weaker than Left hand buff alone in every aspect sooo… And the money you have to spend in the attribute to reach the max lvl is really too expensive for what the skill does and his f****** 50 sec duration.

You already have/need to up Left/Right hand buff at lvl 50, and so when you reach Thaum3 you have to up Head buff at lvl 50 too… Like what ? Why not making 5 freaking lvl on this attribute instead of 50 (+20 per attribute level, problem solved).

Necr and sorc give near 200 atk to boss, dont know formula for priest and cleric which work now, but if TOSBASE have right - than 150 int useless for cleric and priest too.
Only one hope for swell brain - if

It awaits the kTOS patch of giving it a scaling magic damage bonus up to 25% which will completely rework the value of the Thaumaturge class.

Going go true in future. But anyone know real info about this?

I once asked GM Papaya in previous GM session in Orsha server, her reply is that she don’t see any change in Thaumaturge very soon.

In fact, Swell Brain come with a 22.5 matk now already, listen here it is 22.5matk not 22.5% which is troll buff.

I feel sad for developers not seeing Thaumaturge as a potential class in Wizard Tree, they designed and intended most builds base on linker only.
At R7 Warlock and Featherfoot rely on linker a lot, and latest R8 class Enchanter lightning is synergy with linker and Sage Macro Dimension also good on Joint Penalty.

Thaumaturge can enlarge fireballs (make it heavy and become fix, or even have chance to explode)
Thaumaturge can enlarge icewalls
Thaumaturge can shrink Grimoire, make them shoot faster
Thaumaturge can enlarge Summons like skeleton/salamons/familiars/diev statues make them hit harder
^ These ideas can make entire Wizard Tree much more interesting, and alternative to linker. Since we heard only linker, linker, linker, linker, linker a lot in wiz tree.

Even Thaumaturge C3 is worthless, they can just add attribute make it able to take 2H staff on 1H slot, (because they can alternate the size)
or Swell Brain should at least +2 Skill Level for all Wizard Skills.

1 Like

I would agree with this statement though. Have you tried playing one?

Using a dagger, the three buffs would give roughly 1k magic attack on a full INT build at around R8 (level 275 ±), which is where the magic defence wall hits. This is a cheap alternative for people who cannot/don’t want to spend on stuff like transcended Superior Corona Rod. Five-Hammer alone is not enough.

Putting that aside, most players at that point would prefer shields over other sub weapons (if not forced into them). Swell Right Arm can give around 400 defence and magic defence, which is significant. Even more so after pairing with Shrink Body + attribute (though duration for that isn’t too long).

While it does need improvements, it works very well with low budget builds and multi hit builds, as well as being all-around support.

To add on that, I did a test that when you Swell Right Arm +Def and use Pardoner’s Aspersion, you will have additional 200+ defense on that duration.

or u can give around~800 matk with C2 Thaum and Joint penalty (with C1-C2 linker) IMO better take first or second circle of Linker than third Thaum.

Perhaps.

I just think it is unfair to judge the class (including C3) as being ‘useless’ or ‘worthless’, as most people think it to be that way.