Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge: The Forgotten Class

Hi, currently I’m a wiz2-link2 full con build
is it ok if i’m going to wiz2-link3-thau2 build with full con? or shud i change into full int? thanks

No one? .____.

full con is fine since you don’t have damaging skills.

leveling is going to be hell without a party tho

I have a similar build aiming for Wiz1>Pyro1>Link1>Thau2>Link3
Currently at Level 135 Thau2 full INT. All other Thaus I’ve met thus far have been full CON build.

IMHO full INT build is more advantageous thanks to the INT rank bonus. With transpose, you get overall more stats than a full CON build.

BUT!!! You’re going to be super paper-ish and pretty much die in 1 hit to just about any bosses. With Transpose, you’d have to heal up the rest of your HP.

So the only difference is that full INT you’d have to heal up EVERYTIME when you use transpose. Full CON you’d have to heal up EVERYTIME AFTER you use transpose. With the former being the more annoying of the 2 but allows you to take advantage of the INT rank bonus.

2 Likes

so even if youre full health and then transpose you’d still have to heal all the way up?

full con as a Thaumaturge is pointless. Please don’t play Thaumaturge if you’re going to do full CON. The point is to make use of the 70% INT bonus at Rank 7, and manipulate that.

As a full INT and Balance Transpose, I would probably have more INT AND CON individually than a full con build would have INT or CON.

Yep. Transpose swaps your INT to CON, vice versa. So what you’re technically getting after Transpose INT>CON is a sudden increase in CON.

Kind of like when you’re adding CON stats when leveling up after a bunch of EXP cards, Your MAX HP jumps up to it’s new value but your actual HP still remains as it is.

That being said, I recall reading somewhere that IMC is going to rework Transpose to make it “better”. They didn’t mention yet how are they going to rework it though. Can’t really recall the source I’ve read it from either, sry.

welp… would be nice to know if we’ll suddenly need like 12 points investment into it to be any good instead of 3 xD

Playing a C3 Cleric Sadhu.
Replenishing your health isn’t even an issue.
Not that I expect anyone to Full Swap their Int to CON anyways, you would split it to 50:50 via Attribute.

No doubt there won’t be much of an issue at all with a cleric. A Level 10 heal is able to get me to full health on non equilibrium transpose with still 2-3 tiles to spare. That’s to say from 7k to 47k HP.

It’s only a pain without a cleric :cry:
Most of the time i have to sit around the bonfire for 15 seconds or so, which will get me from 7k to roughly 14k HP thanks to that insane HP regen. Then go around face tanking a few mobs and back to the bonfire.

Full INT Link3 Thauma2 here. Transpose gets dispelled the moment you use lifeline. So I’m only able to share my full INT stats… :cry:

You can use Lifeline and then transpose.

Yeah, but it also buggy at the moment. In such a way that if transpose is used after lifeline, it takes the highest INT stat and highest CON stat of your party members EXCEPT yours, then flips them around. Then if you let the CD expires naturally, meaning you don’t right click to turn off the buff, your stat stays the way it is.

I never had much problem playing a thauma, I find it fun, although it does not bring much to the table at rank one, but I cant help thinking sometimes that, looked at from a rational point of view, either this class makes no sense or the NPC who invented it are completely stupid.

I mean…
they invented a spell that is capable of buffing enemies: swell body (an most probably the most op buff in the game. It double HP, increases attack/magicdmg by 60% and increases AOE def ratio) but they didnt get the idea of using it on themselves.

While having the arcane knowledge to instantly increase HP (swell body) on several targets and a full HP bar not an empty one they invented a spell (transpose) that does something similar on 1 target (themselves) but with an empty HP bar while they have no easy way of healing.

It’s funny to imagine how thaumatures must be seen by NPCs from other classes within the game, crazy guys you cant determine whether they are geniuses or idiots.

4 Likes

LOL!! Never thought about that

don’t forget:

• sapper
  • hunter
  • falconer

pretty much all base class offers some strike-based attacks,

and like I always say, it’s the most favored attack type if considering each base class offers at least one strike debuff.

Can any1 tell me thau3 max swell left/right/big head skill BEFORE and AFTER buff pls ?

Can anybody shed me some light on the new Thauma mechanic where buffs are now scaled by int? Any word on this?

Unlike Blessing where SPR [and INT] plays a major role in the end value, the Swell Arm buff is heavily affected by the skill level much more than by INT stat. But at least it’s there…

Swell Left Arm

[ OCT 27 ]13
    Attack bonus has been changed:
    ○ 34.4 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.15
    -- Previously: 34.4 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 8.6

Swell Right Arm

[ OCT 27 ]13
    Defense bonus when wearing a shield has been changed:
    ○ 40 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 14.6 + [INT] × 0.13
    -- Previously: 40 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 9
    Attack bonus when wearing a dagger has been changed:
    ○ 34.4 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.13
    -- Previously: 34.4 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 8.6

Reversi

[ OCT 13 ]10
    Fixed issue where Reversi was enabling Spell Shield Skills (Subzero) to be sustained

Source : [ Wizard Changelog ] Wizard changes from kTOS and iTOS

I don’t get the new bonus calculation, using the formula the new update is much weaker than the previous one.

Huh, you’re actually right… I’m wondering it this calculation is missing some brackets.

EX.
My ThauC1 has Lv5 Swell Left Arm and 400 INT.
Under the old calculation it’d be:
34.4 + (5 - 1) x 8.6 = 330.24

The new calculation is:
34.4 + (5 - 1) x 12.4 + 400 x 0.15 = 131.424 (decrease)

But if we add some brackets to the last part:
34.4 + (5 - 1) x 12.4 + (400 x 0.15) = 536.16 (increase)