Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge: The Forgotten Class

I never had much problem playing a thauma, I find it fun, although it does not bring much to the table at rank one, but I cant help thinking sometimes that, looked at from a rational point of view, either this class makes no sense or the NPC who invented it are completely stupid.

I mean…
they invented a spell that is capable of buffing enemies: swell body (an most probably the most op buff in the game. It double HP, increases attack/magicdmg by 60% and increases AOE def ratio) but they didnt get the idea of using it on themselves.

While having the arcane knowledge to instantly increase HP (swell body) on several targets and a full HP bar not an empty one they invented a spell (transpose) that does something similar on 1 target (themselves) but with an empty HP bar while they have no easy way of healing.

It’s funny to imagine how thaumatures must be seen by NPCs from other classes within the game, crazy guys you cant determine whether they are geniuses or idiots.

4 Likes

LOL!! Never thought about that

don’t forget:

• sapper
  • hunter
  • falconer

pretty much all base class offers some strike-based attacks,

and like I always say, it’s the most favored attack type if considering each base class offers at least one strike debuff.

Can any1 tell me thau3 max swell left/right/big head skill BEFORE and AFTER buff pls ?

Can anybody shed me some light on the new Thauma mechanic where buffs are now scaled by int? Any word on this?

Unlike Blessing where SPR [and INT] plays a major role in the end value, the Swell Arm buff is heavily affected by the skill level much more than by INT stat. But at least it’s there…

Swell Left Arm

[ OCT 27 ]13
    Attack bonus has been changed:
    ○ 34.4 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.15
    -- Previously: 34.4 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 8.6

Swell Right Arm

[ OCT 27 ]13
    Defense bonus when wearing a shield has been changed:
    ○ 40 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 14.6 + [INT] × 0.13
    -- Previously: 40 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 9
    Attack bonus when wearing a dagger has been changed:
    ○ 34.4 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.13
    -- Previously: 34.4 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 8.6

Reversi

[ OCT 13 ]10
    Fixed issue where Reversi was enabling Spell Shield Skills (Subzero) to be sustained

Source : [ Wizard Changelog ] Wizard changes from kTOS and iTOS

I don’t get the new bonus calculation, using the formula the new update is much weaker than the previous one.

Huh, you’re actually right… I’m wondering it this calculation is missing some brackets.

EX.
My ThauC1 has Lv5 Swell Left Arm and 400 INT.
Under the old calculation it’d be:
34.4 + (5 - 1) x 8.6 = 330.24

The new calculation is:
34.4 + (5 - 1) x 12.4 + 400 x 0.15 = 131.424 (decrease)

But if we add some brackets to the last part:
34.4 + (5 - 1) x 12.4 + (400 x 0.15) = 536.16 (increase)

Is that 34.4 + (49.6) + 60 = 144? Not many increases though

It’s not necessary to put the brackets since multiplications & divisions are calculated first before additions & subtractions.

But the bottom line is, the bonus from INT part is calculated separately from the multiplication bonus by skill level.

I’ve been out of math class too long… you win this time, calculus >: (

On the bright side, I guess the person who asked sucks at math too. And it’s definitely an overall buff to the skill. Hooray!

I’m still sitting a Wiz3>Thaum3>Warlock2 hoping Thaum will get buff, but it only got messed up with weapons transcend damage.
IMO +100% weapon damage is what thaum suppose to do but got stolen :frowning:

At the same time, Swell Brain is one of the worst signature C3 skill in the game. I hope it will at least +100% exp together with 50 INT

DIfference of 700 int and 40 int (Transpose).

I have a wizz>pyro2>thauma3>linker2 (not in this order) now with the agny I had a good dmg with JP> HK > fireball

does lifeline and transpose work together now? i want full int with swell brain transposed to con and share it with team with lifeline

transpose wont be shared to party but your transposed int to con will be

Nope, Last I tried it doesn’t.

Using Transpose followed by Lifeline will result in you sharing your stats before transpose. Transpose buff ends the moment lifeline is used.

Using Lifeline followed by Transpose will only affect you, but using using your lifelined stats. Transpose buff ends together with lifeline.

edit: there used to be a bug where some combination of the both will result in you being able to achieve pass 100k HP. I can’t seem to replicate the bug now so I suppose it’s solved.

edit2: My observations are from a ThaumaLinker3. The interaction MAY be different with Transpose and Lifeline coming from different characters.

If Thaumaturge_Swell Brain dont affect with *[number of ranks] bonus Thaum c3 is useless, than better take Linker C1-C2 (or something)?

+145 INT is useless?? That’s news to me.

It’s still excellent for classes with INT-scaling abilities, which includes Thau’s other buffs as well (Swell Left/Right Arm, Transpose). If you think that’s useless then I guess your build doesn’t rely on INT at all.

150 int +150 matk, ascendent bis weapon give u more than 1k (1500 is max)
better take C2 Linker