Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge: Friend's Guide to World Bossing

Not everybody seeks perfection.

I love pyro3 thau3, <3

I’m curious. What is your thauma build?

And is Wiz>Cryo>Kino>Thauma>Thauma>RC/Chrono>Chrono a good build?
I though of RC for the rune of ice+IW+PP combo or chrono c2 for haste to search for the world boss.
oh! and chrono for the reincarnate. does it work on WB?

The build I used was Cryo3Thaumaturge3. My strategy usually involved having my friends hit the ice wall for me with PP or Cataphract’s Rush.

I think Rune of Ice+IW+PP is a very good combo if you pre-cast Rune of Ice right as the boss spawns. The weakness with Cryo1 is that the ice wall is very small and it has low HP, so it will break very fast. Any archer can run up to your wall, hit it with 1 barrage and quickly destroy your DPS output.

Ice Wall’s HP increases by +2 per skill level, and its base is 2 HP. So the max HP you will have is 12 HP Ice wall at Lv5 or 16 HP at Lv 7 using Audra.

Picking Cryo2 actually doubles your DPS if you’re able to use all the hits of the Ice Wall. Ice wall is 22 HP at Lv 10 or 26 HP at Lv 12 using Audra.

Choosing Chrono2 would be a more support-oriented build than DPS, leaving you with less of a chance to cube. Chrono1’s Reincarnate is not very important because chances are there is probably another Chrono going to cast it anyway.

If you really want RC for IW + PP I would recommend:

Cryo1-Psychokino1-Thaumaturge2-RC- [Cryo2 OR Thaumaturge3 at rank7]

which of these builds is better at world bossing in your opinion?
w3-thaum2-necro2
w3-thaum3-wl
cryo3-kino-thaum3

Thank you very much!

BTW i saw on another thread that Reversi is kinda bugged, cuz its supposed to steal only enemy circles and other players aren’t enemies (if it is a secret I’ll delete this post :o). Do you think this is really a bug? If IMC change it to only enemy circles thauma will be so lame (support only aka booooring) and not worth starting one now D:

(sorry for my english)

Do you think wiz3thau2RCWL is viable? Cant i ask what common stat build can be used with thauma classes is it always pure int since it has transpose?

My second thaumaturge is Wiz3-Thaum2-Necro2 and I’m finding it hard to fit all the summons in my rotation. I think both Wiz3Thaum2Necro2 and Wiz3Thaum3WL are both very strong and scale well in the future. It’s just down to preference. A Thaumaturge3 build can pivot better into support for an in-party Fletcher/Wiz3Ele3 whenever than a Thaumaturge2, but it’s kind of whatever.

Cryo3KinoThaum3 is a rank8 build, unfortunately. I think there are better options than Kino1 in Rank 8. Also it’s more support-oriented than damage-oriented and you’ll need help hitting your IW.

If it was a bug, IMC would have said something about it in the known issues section of the news. I don’t think it’s a bug, rather it is a feature and game mechanic.

The RC in the build doesn’t really offer anything except the 20 movement speed. Rune of Destruction isn’t strong on a single target. You would probably want to amplify its damage by asking your friends to place down objects like Ice Wall.

My Thaumaturge is high INT(4:1 and higher) rather than full INT. You can choose to go either depending what you’d like your HP to be before using Transpose. However, you would probably not use Tranpose during WB so you can output more damage. CON builds are not recommended as you will do less than an INT build due to having less total stats (you get 10% more STR/INT every rank) .

All the reasons you listed is exactly why I wish reversi had an attribute to stop this exact thing from happening in pvp situations. I hate when i accidentally flip a teammates frost cloud or carnivory and render it basically useless. Anyways, would you say people even tend to notice what you’re doing ? Reversi can be pretty subtle for some skills (others not so much looking at you pole of agony) and with the amount of lag a lot of players get I would imagine it would be hard to figure out what was going on especially if you take off the thauma costume.

Reversi is already an extremely strong skill, to not have any drawbacks would make it even stronger. Frost Cloud I understand, yeah you’ll reduce its damage but Carnivory you cannot steal. You can flip Chortasmata (the grass), but Carnivory (the damage portion) cannot be stolen.

Since I’ve been doing it for 3 months now, yeah everyone in the server knows what I’m doing. They noticed when they started missing cubes to me. I have no experience doing it in the more populated regions, but everyone should know what it does by now.

Well RC is there to provide x2 hp and hp buffs for your party and you can always sa buffs skill of the RC increase elemt resist the last skill which is mostly for pvp… i was just thinking activate DT then transpose to pure con then rune of giants youll probably end up 80-100k with warlock skill damage like full con elem…

Those buffs aren’t needed since non-demon lords are downed within 30s-1min and no one usually dies. Also this is a PvE World Bossing guide, not a PvP guide, but feel free to go forward and test out your build.

Well for world bossing you only need reversi thats all if we are talking thauma… So your saying that this is pve build only and we cant tweak some to be viable pvp since end game you probably want to pvp unless you want to wait for 8 hrs debuff boss hunt doing nothing… I was just curious how are you doing in pvp or your not pvp’ing at all with these build?

It’s very difficult to balance your build for both TBL format PvP and World Bossing because you want INT for World Bossing and CON for TBL. Transpose is pretty good for helping with that, but it’s inconsistent.

For example, your Transpose will likely be pushed off without Daino. You might not queue with a cleric, so you can’t take advantage of Transpose. In these scenarios high CON would be better.

In gameplay, your only game-changing skill is Reversi. The current meta is Wiz3Linker, usually paired with Sorc and/or Necromancer, and Kabbalist/Oracle. There’s not many skills you can actually take to change the pace of the game if there’s no Psychokino. And even if you do take Raise, there’s plenty of Oracles to counterspell.

If you want PvP commentary on RCWL, I think it could do fine. However, with Thaumaturge you likely won’t enter top 20.

Ok thanks :slight_smile: how about wiz3tahu2necro2 do you think its viable?

Yeah I think it’s pretty good. My second Thaumaturge that I’m focusing on right now is that build.

In regards to TBL, I think it does much better in 5v5s than 2v2s, since it doesn’t have any CC other than Sleep. :disappointed_relieved:

So will it be the common 100con rest int stat build or pure int for reversi and flesh cannon damage and transpose

I got top 10 for 2 weeks in TBL with thauma 2 Necro 2 full Int. You need to be wise about transpose cause people are rly dump and they have the need of using all stupid buff they have. I have a PD also, but my thauma is stronger at PVP by far, mostly against healers and kinos.

@Friend about reversi:
I’m pretty sure it doesnt convert the dmg to magic, as u said in first post.

Are you sure about the skill going lvl 1? Never looked in TBL, but at Mercenary Post I reversi WLs skills cause of my int and I do more dmg then they do with the skills.

Yeah that’s fine.

My testing confirms that it does convert the damage to magic.

If you want to try my test, bring a high level Fletcher that has enough invested DEX that you miss staff hits 100% of the time. Tell him to use Magic Arrow and stand in it. Reversi it. If it’s actually Physical damage, you will miss 100% of the time. I was able to hit 100% of the time. Equipping more magic attack gave me more damage. Equipping physical damage didn’t change the amount.

The Warlocks in your mission probably have very low to 0 invested in attributes. I’m able to do the same, it’s nothing special. You were just given bad Warlocks. Now try to Reversi your friend’s lv 80 Frost Cloud and watch closely.

All magic arrows I use reversi hit barely 500, and I have 2k magic dmg, so it still cause fisical. If u use Increase magic resist, the dmg algo do not get low.

I wasnt talking about attributes, I was talking about skill lvl. Of course you have no attributes, so your dmg lacks when the cast has it in a high lvl, but it doesnt looks like the skill reversed goes to lvl 1.