Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

So it means it will become irrelevant in rank 7?

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this question.

You canā€™t manually aim with keyboard mode.

Not necessarily, it is all about what I call ā€œmain damage sourcesā€.

At Rank 5 you have Stabbing and Spear Throw as your main damage sources.

At Rank 6 you have Stabbing, Cyclone and Spear Throw as your main damage sources

At Rank 7 you have Stabbing, Dragontooth, Serpentine, Dragon Soar, and Cyclone as your main damage sources. While Spear Throw could also be used, it isnā€™t as required as before because you have so many skills to use now.

There are still a few moments on long fights where you are out of cooldowns and can use Spear Throw to fill the gaps, but it has a bigger impact at Rank 5 and 6 when you have less skills.

What i mean is you said depending on your skill? I dont understand what you mean by that? Is corsair or cata better if you are skilled?

I mean your ability as a player.

Knowing how to move around to dodge spells, how good you are on closing the gap and landing Iron Hook quickly, how quick you are able to capitalize on opportunities, on predicting the opponentā€™s movement so you can land your skills properly, knowing how to chain your knockbacks with damage skills, knowing when to use the Trot boost, etc.

Both builds give you different tools that help in PvP but neither is better than the other. It just depends on your ability as a player to find success.

Which of the 2 is better at PvE, structured PvP and GvG?

@Cathexis

Any idea why it isnt recommended for swordsmans to play with mouse? Besauce its impossible to hit spear throw or stride with keyboard in pvp

@Cathexis @Lostac Thank you for your help. Iā€™m starting to get a grip on things. So Zornhau in this build works really like Helm Chopper - purely for the stun, right?

Thatā€™s why You put just 1 point, ignoring the burst dmg scaling of higher lvls.

I got one more question - Peltasta C1 still seems just too good to pass. However I am worried about mixing two classes from same tier instead of aiming higher up. Do you really lose much when you mix up lower classes?

Hi Cathexis,

Just want to ask if you have a high value of block,

for example, a pure CON PeltastaC3HopliteC3,
Block Attribute + Max HighGuard +Max Finestra, what would be the estimated probability that you will be hit from a physical attack?

Does an opponent need a higher value of block penetration to consistently damage a highblock opponent?

Iā€™m actually planning to get PeltC3+HopC3 for pure tank instead of Squire or Rodelero, and probably get some magic def thru cloth and some mdef gems. Would this survive the late game dungeons?

Also is squire good in pvp with arrest?

Thanks. My idea was finesta 15, pierce 15, stabbing 12 and Throwing Spear 1, but I did not feel very satisfied with the skill of hoplita C3.
What Rank 7 which recommend? What stats which recommend?
Link my build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/8wn0t2z0af/

Taking Peltasta is a good idea if you really want teamplay, yes a party can function without peltasta but it makes things a lot easier. And donā€™t forget that you get better solo farming capabilities with it on non aggro maps.

For everyone in the thread, bash is useful guys, consider at least 3 points in it!

Notes:
Some mobs have pain barrier
Some mobs cannot be knocked down/pushed
But bash will definitely help you in the long run when you face ambush spawns of 3 that hit harrd.

1 Like

Hello @Cathexis, can you help me? What path sould I take if I want to be a Tanker with AoE as a primary damage source?

Hello @Cathexis, im sw1>pelt1>hop3>doppel, planning to be dragoon.
Im level 195 now and when become dragoon ill buy Catacombs Pike.
My question is, is it worth buy brandish now and then catacombs, or save my money for catacombs?

I think Corsair offers a little bit more if you can coordinate your Iron Hook with other party members so they help you burst down the ones that you managed to catch.

Otherwise without coordination, Cataphract might be better.

Not sure, it probably felt more intuitive I imagine, but none of them is really better than the other. You can use mouse, gamepad or keyboard, whichever you feel more comfortable with.

Spear Throw does work with keyboard, but Long Stride is currently bugged so it doesnā€™t work as well because you canā€™t aim it.

A little bit. It is about multi-hits.

Zornhau only hits 1 time, so even if it seems to have good damage it is always better to level up skills that hit multiple times like Redel and Zucken.

Helm Chopper hits twice and with overheat then it means 4 hits, which makes it a good candidate for leveling up. However, on a build with Barbarian C3 it becomes more important to level up Frenzy and War Cry because of the attributes you acquire at C3, as well as the new skills of Pouncing and Giant Swing.

With so many skills to get and not enough points for all of them, Helm Chopperā€™s damage is sacrificed to get more damage overall in your build.

You donā€™t necessarily need to mix two lower rank classes. In that build, the best option is to change Highlander for Peltasta to get the most out of the build.

I canā€™t really tell you the probability, because we donā€™t know the formula for calculating block chance.

Will you be blocking a lot? Sure.

Yeah, it is similar to Evasion vs Accuracy.

All you need to survive every dungeon in the game is around 20~30 CON, but you can do it with less or no CON if you are an experienced player and know what you are doing (a good party helps too). There are no dungeons past level 200 though, as most people just skip them because it is more efficient to grind (there are only two, the 217 and 240 one).

The so called ā€œfull CONā€ build is only used for Earth Tower, in a dedicated composition that requires the use of such build. Not every party composition uses that kind of Swordsman build and there are compositions that donā€™t even use a dedicated tank. So it isnā€™t mandatory to use a stat distribution like this for this content.

You end up wasting a lot of stats if you go Full CON and if you are mixing Peltasta C3 with Hoplite C3, sure, you would have a lot of of block but there will be a point at which any more block isnā€™t really helpful and you end up wasting even more stats that way.

Another problem is that this build doesnā€™t really have any use in the game. If we take into consideration that you would have get to level 280 first before doing Earth Tower (assuming you already know people to do it with, otherwise you will have to get to know people who are dedicated to do Earth Tower), then you wouldnā€™t be doing anything for a pretty long time.

It wouldnā€™t be able to do much if anything in PvP and I would consider it a wasted slot in GvG because of the limited space that guilds have.

Would it be worth it? Only you can tell.

You might be among the first ones to try out this build and you can document and share your experience with the build and see where it leads you to.

No, it is a weaker version of Iron Hook.

For your build:

• I would get Bash level 3 for the knockback attribute, but I assume you are already past that point, so it is alright if you didnā€™t get it.
  • On Hoplite you might want to swap Pierce to 8 and Stabbing to 10.
  • On Corsair you want to max out Jolly Roger (level 10), taking those points from Dust Devil.
  • You can also leave Dust Devil at level 1 and use those points to get a higher level of Iron Hook.

For rank 7 you can get: Dragoon, Doppelsoeldner or Shinobi.

Depending on what you want to do, but the 3 are viable options with this build and each one has itā€™s own advantages and disadvantages, so I canā€™t really suggest you one to take without knowing exactly what you are looking to do.

Any build with Peltasta C1+ and Cataphract or Doppelsoeldner.

Depends on what you want to use more, 2H or 1H+Shield.

I wouldnā€™t buy the Brandish though, you can easily farm that one since it drops from a normal mob. Might take a few thousand mobs, but it is better than buying an overpriced one from the market.

Hello @Cathexis thank you for the help last time.
Iā€™m planning to make another warrior mainly for PvE, dual wield spear user.
What do you think about Hop 2 > Corsair 2 > Doppel? Iā€™m not sure what i should get for C7. Was thinking about Dragoon as well but the 2H Spear Attribute might get wasted.
And do you know if we will get patch for ā€œGambleā€ spear? I think it will be nice to use that for dual.

It is good, to be honest any option of Doppel, Dragoon or Shinobi works. Just depends on what tools you find more appealing for your build.

Dragoon gives you more active skills to deal damage with and which you can enhance with Spear Lunge. This is a better option if you would like to have more tools to deal damage with.

Doppel gives you only one active skill which is Cyclone, deals better AoE damage and really good damage if you deal itā€™s full duration of damage. Deeds of Valor will increase your previous skills damage and you will get Double Pay Earn to get more experience (particularly from missions) and loot, which would make a pretty nice combo for farming with Jolly Roger too.

Shinobi gives you the Kunai burst combo which is good for bursting down bosses (missions and rushing dungeons) and it also gives you a couple hiding mechanics which could be useful in PvP. But to deal itā€™s damage it has to be set up, so it isnā€™t as good as Dragoon or Doppel on scenarios where setting up isnā€™t as viable (because you take more damage while using your clones).

No idea, to be honest.

:frowning: so sad hear to it, i had already invested in full CON and Iā€™m still in PeltastaC3, any advice you can give to utilize this potential? What ranks should I get after PeltC3 with Full CON build? Iā€™m thinking SquireC3 or RodC3 but I dont know, I may regret it later. I donā€™t want to reroll again for now. I play with my friends though, I tank and they do DPS. What can you recommend senpai? Thank you sir Cathexis.

@Cathexis, which one do you prefer for Tanker AoE, pelt>barb3>dopp or pelt>hop2>dopp>drag?

Thank you so much!! thatā€™s a lot of information. Really helpful

Hey guys, i already taken swordman c1>highlander c1>barbarian c1 routeā€¦just found out tht swordman need pel for better future careerā€¦is my build cant be saved anymore ? or any expert can help me build a best route with this including pel ? suggest me plsā€¦any build would do.