Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

Ah alright, thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Yes, my end game gear involves going for Venier for the +2 Fencer Skills.
Do you know if Karacha Dagger or Manamana would be better as an offhand?

I think you wonā€™t be able to use Manamana, it requires corsair C3. So youā€™re stuck with Karacha which isnā€™t bad anyway.

Oh yea, darn, did not see the Circle required for the attribute :confounded:

Thanks for the help :slight_smile: Thatā€™s all I have, for now.

Hey @Cathexis . thanks for the constant reply to everyone. After reading through this post, i am thinking create a solely PVE dps and offtank dragoon for later games. Hereā€™s the build iā€™m planning to follow.

the stats i will focus on is str, dex and con. Do you think this is viable espeically for later games? or will you prefer switching out the dragoon into maybe C2 doppel?

It does, but if you stay at Hoplite C2 then you only get level 10 Finestra and not 15, so you need to cover up for those 50 extra points of Critical Rate that you donā€™t get.

Unless you can guarantee that you will have Sissel Bracelets and Max Petamion on your character at early levels, then you are going to need those extra points on DEX to have more ā€œefficientā€ damage.

I personally only use it 2H when I know I will only be dealing damage, otherwise I use 1H+Shield (most of the time, for me).

If I had to choose between Catacombs Pike and Brandish+Karacha for dealing damage, then I would say Catacombs is better.

It is a difficult choice. You really want to have Dragoon at the end of your build to have those extra damage skills on your build.

If you really want Cataphract then you could go Hoplite C2->Cataphract C2->Dragoon, which isnā€™t optimal but it is alright and you wonā€™t have any problems with it.

Or you could choose to go on a different route without Cataphract.

You mean SPR?

There are not enough stat points to ever get a significant amount of Magic Resistance from SPR. The best way to go against this is from equipment and high HP.

If you are talking about PvE, no, you donā€™t really need a lot of Magic Resistance at higher levels, so long as you are not fighting mobs that are over 5 levels of yours, as you will take increased damage from them in that scenario.

If you want to have an Evasion build, then you should be giving priority to DEX from now on.

Otherwise you can keep moving forward with your current ratio and you will be fine.

Personally, I donā€™t think you need to invest into SPR. You will eventually get a lot of it from equipment (Venir and Max Petamion), so while it could make a little bit of a difference at some point, on the long run it isnā€™t worth it and it is just better to use better SP potions.

For your build, I would lower Helm Chopper to level 5 and get War Cry level 5 instead, if you really want to keep Frenzy. Otherwise I would just get War Cry instead of Frenzy.

I would also leave Dust Devil at level 1 (itā€™s scaling in damage is pretty low) and use those points to max out Jolly Roger and give the rest to Iron Hook.

You should also leave Attaque Coquille at level 2, because you get +2 Skill levels from Venier, which is pretty much your end game weapon currently and I would use those on Flanconnade instead (maybe even 1 on Esquive Toucher).

That is the standard Hoplite C3->Doppel->Dragoon build, so donā€™t worry it is good and you shouldnā€™t go into Doppel C2.

For your build:

• You can skip Thrust and give that 1 point to Pain Barrier instead, because you will be using a spear and you have Pierce damage from it already.
  • You can leave Guardian at level 1, but it is alright if you keep it at level 5.
  • When moving from Hoplite C1 to Hoplite C2 you want to save 4 points so you can max out Finestra as soon as you hit Hoplite C2. Same for going from C2 into C3.
  • You usually want to keep Mordschalg at level 1, as it is just a utility skil, and give those points to Double Pay Earn instead.
  • You can take 1 point from Dragontooth and give it to Gae Bulg, so you can get level 5 and the attribute from doing so.
    If you have a Skill Reset Potion you can reset Gae Bulg to level 1 after getting itā€™s attribute.
1 Like

@Cathexis

How many targets does basic attack hit with and without finestra? How many targets does spear lunge hit with and without finestra?

HI cathexis ever since iā€™ve been playing iā€™m a real fan of yours. iā€™ve visited all your youtube and thread and everything. iā€™m currently lvl.70 swordsman> peltasta> hoplite. the monsters hit like a truck now compared to others and i dont have enough damage. i usually rely on luring and killing it with stabbing nothing else. my build is 9 strength 1 dex, and i maxed out stabbing first and that damage passive by stabbing, am i doing it right? and the build 9>1?

and also where do you recommend in farming silvers?

@Cathexis
You said that you usualy use 1H spear + shield.
Do you think arde dagger or karacha can make some diference at damage?
Iā€™m sw>pet>hop3>doppel>draggon.
Actualy iā€™m using Zega spear + Arde dagger.
Planing to buy brandish + karacha.
Do you think its better invest in a good shield instead karacha ?

Iā€™m making a Templar build to create my own guild and fit some classes that Iā€™m interested in, but Iā€™m not so sure about some ranks and Iā€™m having a hard time to finish the build, which is currently:

Sw1 - Pelt1 - ? - ? - Squire - Fencer - Templar

As you may notice, my options are pretty scarce. However, I believe that the most useful one may be between Pelt 3 or Pelt 2 - Rodelero 1. I would appreciate some help to finish this build or any kind of advice about it. Any opinion is welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 Barbs could fit in there nicely as an alternative to Pelt 3, barb stuns are pretty handy and Seism has good aoe, but yes stuns are not effective VS plague doctors if you are after gvg

1 Like

@Cathexis
Im thinking about doing a corsair 2 build and the way i planned it was to have dust devil and jolly roger both maxed at 10, without getting iron hook or keel hauling.

However from reading here it seems you recommend investing in iron hook over dust devil because of the less than awesome scaling on dust devil. So i thought i would take 2 points from dust devil and put one point in iron hook and keel hauling each.

Im not trying to do a pvp build so is there any special reason why i would need to put more points into iron hook? well other than to stand there with the target hooked for 13 seconds.

Also i just like the theme of stomping kick. dont really care about its damage. its only 1 point anyway.

You can hook melee range, upto 3 units, then attack. Itā€™s a handy cc when you get ambush spawns near you and have your stuns on cooldown

hmm ok. but is that determined by the rank or iron hook? its 5 seconds at rank 1 and the tool tip only shows a duration increase for further investment.

Oh 1 rank into it is okay, it is the attribute that allows you to hook upto 3 units.

oh didnt notice the attribute :sweat_smile:

It really sounds like it could fit. I appreciate your help, Iā€™ll probably go Barb2 since I donā€™t like the other options that much. In the end, I think it turned out pretty okay, and Squire will help me with the rapier repair. Itā€™s annoying to go to the city everytime a repair is needed. Could you please take a look at my updated build, please? :smiley:

Looking great, but I have no knowledge of templars or squires so you should ask someone else for that part (but they seem ok to me)

1 Like

Hey @Cathexis, what do u think about:

Sw2, Pelt, Rode2, Corsair, Doppel for pvp proposes?
Iā€™m looking for an alternative for sw3 cata3, which one i really donā€™t like so muchā€¦

Hello, great guide, I wanted to ask if you think this would be a good build for PvPing

Or do you think this one would be better?