Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

im a swordie class doppel i have a balanced dex str cons build…im having a hard time playing with monsters with high matk like in most maps im in now…i cant decide whether ill go cloth for mdef with less pdef or plate

1 Like

Use Cafrisun till 170 i guess. Works wonders with AA builds. Or Sword3

im lvl 184 right now im sword>pelt>barb3>doppel

Use Cafrisun till 170 i guess. Works wonders with AA builds. Or Sword3

no ■■■■ :scream: did you know it scales off of spr which I just stated he had 0 of? Some people man

I have decided to make a spear dagger dragoon and test it out for pvp. I am wondering if the following skill build is alright:

Also is it ok not putting points in dust devil so I can have a higher levelled jolly roger seeing as dust devil is only useful as a CC rather than a damage dealer?

I would also like to ask your opinion on gung ho and concentrate. I have heard conflicting thoughts on it. Some say concentrate is better cause it adds 100 damage to multi hit skills. Doesn’t Gungho do that as well? Also, Gungho is applied to overall attack so crits are also affected by it right? That is why I maxed gungho instead of concentrate.

Lastly will 200 str 130 con 100 dex be ok for this build in pvp? Or do I need to pump more dex since I dont have level 15 finestra.

Hi cathexis, nearing to claaa 6. And did a bit of searchjng, you suggested that I would take this path since well I’m a tank with 1str:2 dex and 1 con

Sword1>peltasta3>corsair>fencer
Should i get to fencer 2 or doppel?
Since valor doesnt work on evasion builds?

About the Templar Build. Why DEX/CON instead of STR/CON ?

Btw, it applies to all of your hits on multihits, I tested it after getting into C2 Fencer, the good thing about it is that it has close cooldown to sept etoiles, you can almost always use them together

I linked this in another thread, but anyway:

yeah I left preparation at lv1, I see no reason to raise it either.

1 Like

Does anyone know if auto block will cancel Rush or not?

Hello, I’m currently at lv 216, with the build Swordsman > Peltasta > Barbarian C3 > Fencer. High dex, around 240 dex, 120 str and 30 con, around 17k HP.

Im thinking about end game PVE and maybe a little PVP. I can do a really nice job tanking world bosses and dungeons. But magic hit pretty high and there’s nothing todo about it. So Should i invest more on CON?
I saw videos of some groups doing Earth tower and all tanks have 35k+ HP.

My goal is to do an Hybrid, if its viable in end game. DPS and tanking (as far as its needed)

What u think about getting doppels instead of fencer for last class rank?

Now about gear, I got roxona gloves, venier, karacha, ledas (for taunt), what gear should i work towards now? roxona boots? bracers? amulet?

Sissel Bracelet is kinda expensive and the build dont get much use on the “passive frenzy” because of the High dex, i like the hunter bangle because its affordable, Still sissel is better than it. Is Gladiator band a better option?

And about the amulet, is max petamion the best one?

I put green gems lv 5 on weapons, i think its doing really nice, going for blue on gloves for SP regen, maybe im wrong hah, what gems would u put on your gear for this build?

About attributes on the hats? What would be the preference? Critical rate > sp regen (fencer skills are damn expensive) > aoe atk ratio > Holy atk > other attacks > HP ?

I cant afford the 3 stats one, so im sticking mostly with Patk and sp regen atm.

Its really a great work on this post, thanks alot @Cathexis for your time and effort trying to helps us all. Maybe some of the stuffs I asked u alrdy responded somewhere, and I missed it, mostly because I was a nub when this post was created and didnt understand most of the stuffs on the begin of the thread.

Sorry about long post and my bad spelling.

1 Like

if you are having magic resistance problems you can do what some tanks do, it’s actually effective even by a small amount, stacking a lot of mdef. (Sage Wall, 2x Glass Bracelets already gives you a decent amount)

since you have pelt, you can block physical attacks with either flanconnade, and manual blocking, or rely on evasion with lunge, physical problems are mostly solved there.

you can sacrifice leather evasion for even more magic resistance with cloth, meaning you’d carry two sets of armor.

Max petamion is a beast for everything, get it if you can, I’m also throwing all my dungeon runs trying to get petamion recipe.

you can get about 100 total con to be on the safer side VS magic attacks.

anyone here can link me to the best guideline for shinobi build? im more into spear shinobi type

This would require a lot of testing to prove. Did you notice that all the hits that were getting through did so as critical hits?

We could try to look into the game files to search for how this interaction behaves, but I am not too sure where to look. I will see if I can find anything when I have more time to look into it.

Probably:

Swordsman->Peltasta->Hoplite C2->Corsair C2->Shinobi

or

Swordsman->Peltasta->Hoplite C2->Corsair C1->Doppelsoeldner->Shinobi

You shouldn’t be having any problems at all at your level.

Are you fighting mobs that are over 5 levels over yours? You take increased damage from them if that is the case.

If you are fighting the Hallowventers or similar mobs, you have to look into their attack patterns to know how to dodge and when to engage into combat with them. This is much better than trying to face-tank them.

Yeah, that is what I recommend too.

Both of them are good, but only Gung Ho remains relevant at higher levels because as you said, it increase Physical Attack which then is increased by damage modifiers.

I think it is fine to leave them on the levels you did, if you want to pursue after Swordsman C2 with this build.

I think that is fine. DEX is more for Accuracy rather than Critical Rate in PvP, because of the High CON builds most people use it reduces the effectiveness of critical hits on PvP, plus equipment with Critical Resistance like Aias, etc.

I think that right now Doppelsoeldner is better thank Fencer C2.

You get Cyclone for AoE which goes really well with your Swash Buckling.

Even though Evasion stops Deeds of Valor from being as reliable, when you are luring a large group of mobs you will still be getting hit quite frequently, enough to stack it without any problems. Even easier against magical damage which you cannot evade or block.

Finally, you also get double EXP (great for missions) from bosses and double loot from mobs when using Double Pay Earn.

Mainly because Templar loses a lot of damage potential from not taking Dragoon or similar option at Rank 7.

Since it is using Cataphract that means you have access to 2H spears which add a lot of extra Physical Attack which you can enhance with more critical hits from DEX.

However, it is mainly because it is mainly GvG oriented, where surviving for longer and being able to hit high evasion targets is more important than the amount of extra damage you get from STR.

STR/CON would be more of a PvE build and it would work, but it has to be on an All-Around build (which is also suggest as a possible stat allocation) because you are going to need DEX to keep your Critical Rate at a good level for PvE.

That is good to know. So they fixed/change it. Thanks for the video!

No, it doesn’t.

Once you get Max Petamion and you start stacking HP on your headgears, you will get close to 22~23k HP. If you put a few more points into CON you can get to 24~25k HP which will turn into 30k after using Swash Buckling.

I think that right now it is better/stronger to get Doppelsoeldner C1 instead of Fencer C2. But it might change on the future, depending on how good Fencer C3 is or if they improve C2.

Yeah, Gladiator is better for High DEX builds. You can always mix them up too because Sissel offers Critical Rate which you could also use for something like PvP.

Max Petamion is the best necklace available at the moment, so you should work towards getting these 3 pieces of equipment.

I like to use SP regeneration on gloves for Fencer too, but for a little extra damage you could use Critical Attack or even Block Penetration.

HP, AoE Ratio, Physical Attack, Critical Rate.

I think stacking high amounts of HP from the headgears is better than SP regeneration. AoE Ratio is always good, but if you are going to be using Gladiator then you can swap it for Physical Attack or Critical Rate.

If you stack more CON on your build, you can go on a more aggressive path and stack only the stats that enhance your damage.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply, is it a must to get pel c1? Is it without provoke skill will influent my late game? Care to explain more? Tq

Thank you for the reply. So what is the stat allocation for a PVE/PVP-GVG ?Build templar because i’m planning to make one on the F2P launch tomorrow. I want to be a Guild Leader that will contribute well when it comes to PVP and GVG. TIA

Ill test it with mordshlag on a priest who is using stone skin and a cloth chest. Ill report on my findings.

1 Like

yeah ur right i was mobbin like monsters 7 levels higher than mine :grinning: so thats why…
how about on pvp? should i go for cloth for mdef instead of high hp from plate? like fighting most cryomancers?

@fatedhour

Does long stride break the “bind” status from spear throw? Like if you use long stride to jump over to a enemy that is binded.

Tested, sadly no critical does not bypass block. I should check dodge next.

1 Like