Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

(sry for dump question) what lv 170 weapon(one hand spear and dagger or shield) should I craft for hoplite c3 ?

finally hit corsair c2 and i must sayā€¦ double weapon assault is definately NOT working as intendedā€¦

• you have to hold the secondary attack button down along with spamming the primary attack button to dual attack

• it consumes staminaā€¦ ALOT! you wont even have enough left to run or walk

• it negates evasion and defense (i can run gele 17x~18x or the 175 dungeon and take 1 dmg from the monsters, but while using double weapon assault i take ALOT of damage)

until they fix this crap im gonna make an archer

Well those 2 are working as intended, or atleast how it worked in beta.

Thats new

Thks for your advice cathexis

I went corsair after barbarian c2 cause of iron hook and jolly roger. Ive played many duels since and even tough i miss some damage from barbarian c3, iron hook is worthit.

Things i notticed while using iron hook if anyone is interested.

1. Using iron hook will disable your enemy for 9 secs at lvl 5.
    2.- although u cant move, you can use all skills without losing the disable on your enemy.
    3.- its hard to land but if u succed youve practically won the match. Especially if its at point blank since u can spam all your skills and the enemy cant move.
    4.- iron hooks pull (kneel howling) will pull the enemy but end the disable, so enemys can try to run the opposite way making it harder for you to pull them. You can still pullthem all the way even if they run.
    5.- if u have the attribute skill, you can disable up to 3 enemies but u cant pullthem to you. You can still use your skills without losing the disable but you cant move.

This is the info i have so far on this important skill for pvp.

I have another question for another character im building, I know this has been answered before but i cant seem to find the answer.
Can dragoon skills be used while mounted? Is it wise to go cataphract and dragoon after?

I would appreciate any info, ty guys

1 Like

PvE. Stat Distribution prob 4 str 2 Dex and con up to 30-40 until new content.

Thinking of doing a Main Tank/ Bruiser-ish Cataphract build that doesnā€™t end in Dragoon. While Dragoon DOES look really appealing, now that we have rank 7 available, we can now have both Hoplite C2 for Spear Lunge and level 10 Finestra along with C3 Cataphract.

Iā€™m not with any friends but like doing dungeons and the occasional random grinding parties. This build doesnā€™t seem too bad for solo-play which is what I usually do, but the standard Dop/Dragoon would be much better.

So Iā€™m having a bit of a dilemma. My planned build for my 2H swordsman was pelt > barb2 > corsair > doppel2 but I keep hearing that just one point into Corsair is a waste of a rank considering I canā€™t use their skills with a 2H and Jolly Roger doesnā€™t give that much silver nor is the combo part of it that much of a deal breaker. So I was considering taking C3 Barb but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a good investment for rank 4. Should I take Barb3 if Corsair isnā€™t a good fit with my build or is there a better choice? My stat allocation atm is 3:1 STR:DEX.

Are Fencers still on the bottom for the current endgame pve?

This reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/478dbt/is_there_a_ktos_tier_list_yet/ was made before the Steam release and I just forgot about it. I am level 9x as swordsman c1>peltasta c1>barbarian c2 and going corsair c2>fencer c1.
As itā€™s stated on this post both Barbarians and Fencers are on the bottom level and as I just remembered about this post I got a bit crazy. Did I messed my character already? Are this build terrible for the current endgame pve/dungeon? If so I am thinking about going corsair c2 and dopel. What you think? I am not asking about stats I am asking if itā€™s a viable class build. I am really happy with my character performance at the spot I am.

I am most following this post.

Stay beautiful.

i have the exact same question, since my char is mostly PvE oriented i planned to take 1 or 2 circles in corsair mostly for jolly roger, but not knowing how much this helps in matter of drops chances kinda frustrates me

Not worth it, it is better to take Peltasta.

It is a pretty weird build. What would be your main reason to combine Highlander and Hoplite?

Overall I donā€™t think it is worth it to go Hoplite without Peltasta or mixing Highlander with Hoplite. But it depends on the type of build you are aiming for.

IF those are the classes you want to play, I think your skill points are fine. I would give 1 point to Long Stride though.

Cross Guard is fine, it could come in handy at times to further increase your DPS.

Your stats are fine.

Being squishy doesnā€™t really depend on your classes but on your stats. You are going to have to add a few points into CON (I guess you meant CON instead of agi?).

For your build the skill points are good, the only change could be at Doppelsoeldner C2 when once you get level 1 of Zucken and Redel you will be able to tell which one you like more and max that one instead.

You hold your secondary attack button while attacking with your primary one.

Work well for what?

Hi, I think the classes on your build are fine. Some higher level mobs have lots of HP so they are troublesome to classes that focus on small fights rather than long ones (like Highlander and Barbarian), but it shouldnā€™t be any major problem as you still have Cyclone to deal with those.

For your build, since this is PvE, you should take only level 1 of Pouncing or even none of it. Use those points to max Frenzy instead.

You could also consider to get War Cry as high as possible taking points away from Helm Chopper.

Barbarian recently got buffed on kTOS so we could get those same buffs in our version and that would make Barbarian an even better choice.

Other than that, you might want to get level 1 of Wagon Wheel just in case, but I think it is fine if you skip it for a full PvE build.

We would have to ask ourselves what would the goal of doing that?

As you are not gaining anything particularly useful for PvP or PvE since it is only C1 of Highlander, so overall I donā€™t think it is worth it to make that change.

Looks like you are having fun. Yeah, knockdown canā€™t be stopped by anything so it is pretty much one of the best things we have going for us.

I will be looking forward to how it keeps on developing once you reach Rank 7.

Well, Hoplite C3 is worth it if you are taking Doppelsoeldner C1 right after it.

On the other hand, picking Corsair C1 is mostly worth it if you are planning on getting C2 right after, or if you are aiming for a PvP build.

The loss on evasion isnā€™t really significant because you get a lot of block as a Hoplite from Finestra and Peltasta.

You should aim to get a Brandish and can use a Geras Spear while you get it. But if you are low on cash, then Zega Spear is still good even to level 200+ if you make sure to upgrade it a little bit (+6 or so) while you get a Brandish or something.

Dagger should be Karacha Dagger or Arde Dagger if you already have it and would rather spend your resources somewhere else.

For shield, just get whatever is the best that comes into your hands. But you want to aim to eventually have an Aias on your character.

Just like @thebloodyaugust said, this has always been the behavior of DWA. That is why it is mainly used as a filler rather than a primary damage sources.

This shouldnā€™t be the case though. Could you make some test on this to confirm how it is currently behaving, please? It would help a lot.

Yeah, all the Dragoon skills can be used while mounted and it is pretty much the best/only class to finish a Cataphract build.

I think the reasoning for wanting to have Finestra level 10 and Spear Lunge is solid.

However, when compared in a build to Dragoon at Rank 8, then it is not worth it to sacrifice that class for them. Dragoon in the end will simply give you more damage because of the new skills that you add to your kit, which at higher levels are more welcome than just minor boost to your damage like Hoplite C2 would give you.

So I would recommend you to get Dragoon instead.

Barbarian C3 is a solid choice.

Corsair C1 alone is mostly picked for builds aiming towards heavy PvP as they want to have Iron Hook in their build.

So it would depend on where your priorities for playing the game are.

I think that list is mainly based around utility for Earth Tower. Which, for a Swordsman there isnā€™t much.

Every Swordsman is in charge of getting aggro and running around / kiting or face-tanking->dying to allow the magic dealers to clear as many mobs as possible each pull.

For this purpose, classes like Peltasta and Cataphract have an edge because one has the only AoE taunt in our entire tree and the other one can kite pretty well with mobility. Other minor roles include helping with AoE damage to clear mobs, in which Cyclone is best and mainly why Doppelsoeldner is welcome as a damage source in an Earth Tower party.

Since Fencer doesnā€™t really do anything particularly unique for Earth Tower then itā€™s role is to use Peltastaā€™s Swash Buckling to fulfill itā€™s role as a tank. So as long as you have Peltasta on your build, then there is nothing to worry about.

One class alone doesnā€™t define your entire build, so donā€™t worry too much about it, just make sure to have Peltasta and anything else on your build wouldnā€™t really matter for Earth Tower.

Looks like there is some testing being made around how Jolly Roger change on our version. After we get more data we will be able to determine whether it is still a solid choice for PvE.

Still, like I said on the previous answer, one class doesnā€™t define your entire character. You have other classes on your build and tools to help you succeed at different situations. So donā€™t worry too much about it and go for the classes that you will really enjoy playing rather than following an ā€œoptimalā€ build that will be boring for your playing style.

2 Likes

I want to go Swordsman1>Swordsman2>Barbarian3>Fencer2 instead of Swordsman1>Peltasta1>Barbarian3>Fencer2 for more level on Gung Ho and Concentrate but im not sure myself if i should do that.

Nope, not worth it. It is an insignificant amount of damage at higher levels.

1 Like

Hello Cathexis. I already made my Swordsman and he is high dex Sw1>Sw2>Barb1>Barb2. Heā€™s lvl 95 right now and I was thinking to make something to PvP and PvE like Sw2>Barb2>Corsair3, but after read your topic I concluded that itā€™s not worth so I decided to make sw2>barb2>Corsair2>Fencer but still itā€™s lacking the Peltasta that you said will save me in the end game solo pve and tha sw2 dont make any good diference, so my question is: You think I should abandon my char and create another with high dex sw1>pelt1>barb2>corsair2>fencer or still I can save my main?

This is pretty difficult.

It really depends on how much you value starting over again and losing the current progress you have done so far. If you really wouldnā€™t like to do that, I think you could do something like:

Swordsman C2->Barbarian C3->Fencer->Peltasta

Swordsman C2->Barbarian C2->Corsair C2->Peltasta

If you really want to grab Peltasta for your build, but you would lose either Fencer or Corsair for it. So I think the choice will depend on which classes you would prefer to have for your character and whether or not making a new character is something you would enjoy.

@Cathexis
Somthing ive been meaning to ask, becuase i never got one in KTOS or iCBT
Does Venierā€™s ā€œHoly Property Attack stat +286ā€ increase the DMG of a Sacrament buff?

I just hit corsair as a pelt1>hop2 and Iā€™m really liking Dust Devil despite the fact that I was originally planning to keep it at rank 1 just to have an extra skill to use while stabbing and pierce were on CD and then max Keelhauling, but Keelhauling seems like a good skill to leave at level 1. How hard does Dust Devil scale into the later stages of the game? Should maxing it be a priority? Does my build need more damage? I plan on finishing off the build with another circle in corsair and then Templar, so making sure I get the most out of these two circles is probably pretty important.

And is going 2:2:2 STR CON DEX good for PvP/GvG? Iā€™m pretty happy with my damage mitigation and amount of health at 142 right now, but I donā€™t know if I enjoy my DPS, sitting at 105/85/85 atm.

I see, so the build will end up going something like this:

And the stat distribution would change to include some more Dex. That Hoplite circle could also be replaced with another Peltasta Circle, but think I had my fill of mutiple Peltasta circle leveling back in Closed Beta. Thanks a lot for responding.

It works the same as the other elemental property attacks, so it does increase the damage on other lines of damage you have, although you donā€™t really notice those lines as you are mainly using skills as a Fencer.

I mainly consider Dust Devil a 1 point skill for itā€™s utility. The difference between level 1 and level 10 is only 342 base damage, which is pretty low considering how many skill points you are giving up for it.

I think it is better to use those points into Jolly Roger, Iron Hook and Keel Hauling.

I think it is alright if you keep that ratio for PvP / GvG since it is pretty balanced, although it could feel slightly underwhelming in PvP because of the lack of ā€œfocusā€.

But a ratio like that allows you to change focus whenever you want to add more STR or more CON (for PvP / GvG), so you have a lot of flexibility with it.

If you would rather have more damage for PvE I think that you can start adding only STR for now until you get to 250~ or so, since you have plenty of DEX/CON for an end game PvE / PvP build.

You might consider to add more CON once GvG comes out, but we will have to see how the ā€œmetaā€ shifts once we actually get to try that mode out.

Looks great. I think you might consider getting 1 point on Dragon Soar, but you can decide that once you reach Dragoon with your character.

Hi Cathexis, I was reading this forum over and over, gathered many useful information in regards to the build I want.

I have a few questions if you donā€™t mind helping me out.

Iā€™m currently a swordsman > Highlander c3, currently hoping I can enter as a dragoon, but would not mind being doppel.

Iā€™d much prefer being dragoon, and have read going h3 > hop2> dragoon would be ideal, but i feel like Iā€™m missing a lot from the dragoon build as opposed to going sword > pelt > hop 3 > doppel > dragoon, or a straight up doppel build of sword > h3 > ?? >doppel 2

The only reason why Iā€™m hesitant in going high3 > hop 2 > dragoon is because I feel like iā€™m missing out entirely on doppel who seems to offer awesome stuff, if I were to go the high 3 > hop 2 > dragoon route, what would the pvp and pve affinity be v.s a highlander 3 > corsair/?? > doppel. Or should I just reroll altogether?

I pretty much want a DPS heavy build, thatā€™s PVE main that can enter PVP and still be proficient, not the best, but enough to kill here and there, that could possibly incorporate varieties of ways to kill, or support teammates

What about:

Swordsman->Highlander C3->Peltasta (PvE) or Corsair (PvP)->Doppelsoeldner->Dragoon

I think that would be a pretty fun build for both PvE and PvP and it would work without requiring that you reroll.

Thatā€™s actually an excellent build suggestion, I have not considered that. Iā€™ve always been under the assumption that hop 2/3 is a must have if you plan on going Dragoon. Are the dragoon skills and 2h spear good enough to use with the highlander skills and corsair/doppel moveset? Hop 2 seems to be there just cause of finestra