Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

Oh, you didn’t…i just wanted to clarify what Dareal was saying. If you aren’t talking to me then forget about it lol. I’m really don’t care much about evasion, since i need to get hits to activate Deeds of Valor.

Yeah i’m gonna change the status allocation and main my critical rate with gems, looks more reasonable

1 Like

Ive not tested it, but i dont think DOV procs off block either…
BUUUUUUT you can still use Finestra with Spear and Dagger to build DOV then switch back.

About switching weapon’s i was thinking in main a 2h spear over 1H + Dagger. In the iCBT the combo of Arde/Karacha was overpowering the 2h weapons. This history still goes on kToS?

Neither Block, nor Dodge activate Stacks on DOV.

1 Like

But block has a decent synergy with eva, decreasing chance to recieve a hit even more, so it’s pretty good stat for tank hoplite builds.

So it actually increases skills range as well? I though it only works with basic attacks, so I(not you) considered it bad, that’s why I put ? sign for clarification.

Also I’ve seen some posts where people said that finestra is not 30% but flat 30, but it needs confirmation.

DOV procs only if you recieve damage, so no block procs, it’s true.

oh i miss read what you had said, It might not increase skill range.

at -79 EVA your going to need at least +78 EVA to over come that, which is useless to build, because your losing 99% of that EVA

Yep, that’s true, that’s why I though about dropping +3 range attribute and use mainly skills, so EVA decrease won’t be too hard. Also you can potentially use Leather armor and other EVA buffs to get decent numbers of EVA even with Finestra ON. It will also boost your crit rate even further (Lolopanther Leather Set grants quite a lot crit rate and EVA). 30-40% dodge chance is easily achievable with 80 points invested in DEX.

But as I said, full STR build would obviously deal more damage, I just think that DEX stat is far from useless on Hoplite tank.

Imma stand by @Cathexis on the Armor Stance for Swordie.
Plate or nothing! xD
(You could get away with leather in some builds though)

I agree that plate is overall the best but for STR:DEX hoplite leather can be very good as well.

Highlander, Barbarian… In the end both will be Doppel with Cyclone.

I chose Highlander path in august 2015 just because I thought it cool :smiley:

This is the ultimate truth haha xD

Hiya. I had a question. im planning on going down
Sword>Pelta>Hoplite 1-3>Doppel>Templar
and was wondering how well would this combo of classes work and will it still be effective even if I go down the Templar route?

Finestra is gone as soon as you don’t have a spear equipped. You can swap between spears without losing the buff though.

Roughly 30~35%.

Check this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4H0onZOBUw5eyoluFnl5RA/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

We don’t have a formula unfortunately, but it can decrease the stat down to 1.

It doesn’t, but their damage will hit you for 1 per hit.

It probably is either bugged, or it has a hidden amount of INT/SPR it reduces per level and so a high level Crown would reduce a big amount of it and it would require the target to have a lot of those two stats.

And that attribute would help further increase that amount it reduces.

It still has a chance to fail, so it might be that. Unless you know the name of a mob that 100% never gets Shock, then we can look further into that mob’s info and try to find out what is the reason.

Well, in the end they are both the same. Pierce will deal 50% more damage, while Strike will deal 50% less damage. It doesn’t transfer over, each are still affected by armor-type and other modifiers.

Without clones? There is no competition, Hexen Dropper wins hands down.

Composee is more of a sustained skill, the problem is that you keep on using SP for each time you use it, so even though it could potentially deal more damage over time than either of the two previous skills, it is only as far as your SP allows you to do so.

I think both are viable, to be honest.

Kunai deals higher burst damage but it requires you to set it up with the clonse. Without the clones, Hexen Dropper deals more damage and it doesn’t require any setup, so it is available to be used during more situations.

I think it comes down whether you are comfortable with setting up the clones for Kunai, or if you prefer to simply get your damage as soon as you use the skill.

But it is mostly about which class you like more as both of them can deal good damage.

Your base AoE Ratio has an effect on all your skills.

However, some skills have a very short range and even though you could potentially hit x targets with them, you are not going to hit them unless they all are within the attack range of the skill. This includes most skills with no AoE Ratio stated.

I think your build is pretty much done and you did a great job. You got everything from classes to skill and stat distribution.

Your only doubt about it is whether or not you would like Gae Bulg or Dragon Soar. Since it looks like your build is PvE focused, then I think you will like Dragon Soar more, as it gives you another reliable source of Slash damage.

But once you get to Dragoon you can just get level 1 of each, try them out for yourself and see which one you like most. The reason why you might want to level up Gae Bulg is because of the increased duration of the debuff.

For stats just follow the “Full STR” build on the guide, which isn’t exactly full as it still adds some points into DEX and CON (at least 20 each).

As for other things:

• Bash at level 3 gives you the knockdown attribute. I particularly don’t think it is very useful in PvE (I never use it), so I understand if you would rather skip it and get more duration on Pain Barrier instead.
  • For Pierce vs Stabbing: Maxing Pierce is usually the recommended way because Pierce benefits more than Stabbing from skill points. As Stabbing shines even if it remains at level 1, while Pierce is mediocre at a low level.
    However, you could sacrifice Pierce to give more points to Stabbing, this way you will ensure that you will have the best skill set at higher levels (since Pierce is kinda replaced by Dragoon skills).
    So if you are fine with making that trade, then you could max Stabbing instead.

For Critical Rate, you are gonna hit 300+ without any problems once you get some good equipment on your character, so don’t worry too much about it.

For health, you are gonna reach 20k HP with equipment too, even if you don’t really add much points into CON.

I think that you still might want to add at least 15~ points into CON to complement your build, but once you are past that 20k HP line then it doesn’t make much of a difference.

It also depends on your playing style, ping, etc. As players who have more difficulties might want to add more CON to their builds.

@Relish @Kaworo

The attribute is maxed at level 1.

The debuff is applied on the enemies it hits, while the attribute is displayed through a glowing zone, just like the video showed.

Sure, it would still be effective. If you want to use spears you can also take a look at the build:

Swordsman->Peltasta->Hoplite->Cataphract C3->Templar

3 Likes

Thanks @Cathexis for the review on my build, with that i can finish it and relax a bit. I really appreciate it, keep up the good work. I got one last question that i already made : 1H Spears + Dagger still overpowers 2H Weapons in the current game? I did some math…but it’s better to have a response of actual experience instead

Depends on the equipment you have at hand.

But since with your build you are not going to be able to use 2H spears until you are Dragoon, at that point it is better to use 2H spears.

Ooh, i see…thanks once again for clarifying. Time to farm meme/karacha dagger once again and change it on later game

Hey @Cathexis, can u imagine a way that this cataphract c3 could win this battle?

Or just handle without getting INSTANTLY FREEZE.

Thanks man, great thread and great info.

it does piss me off seing videos where mages and archers don’t have to aim, or even face the same direction to attack. i really think they should make magic missile type attacks evade/blockable.

to answer i don’t think you can, as soon as you start attacking you have that chance of being frozen, take all the reflect and warlock damage, then you’d get caught in a freeze frenzy. i guess you counter by spamming knockdowns and hope for a stun or two, and kill them before all their damage kills you.

If they do that they would have to let them crit as well.