Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

From what i saw of both videos, isn’t that bad to leave Dragon Soar Lv.1 and Max Gae Bulg for utility, and Gae can hit hard…7k+ without crit isn’t bad for a single hit skill

The real problem I have with Gae Bulg is the 30sec cooldown on it. You could fit in 2 Dragon Soars versus 1 Gae Bulg and add that with the multi-hit bonus Dragon Soar has it’s going to do alot more damage. Gae Bulg does seem like its much more oriented to a party focused Dragoon as opposed to a dps focused one.

1 Like

Man, why we can’t have the attribute to be learned at level 1? The pain. I’m focusing in a pure DPS Dragoon, so it’s better to leave Gae Bulg alone or dump one point just for a extra skill?

Unless the attribute really is capped at 5 and the 1 on Tosbase is just a typo, I’m probably going to do 5 Dragontooth, 5 Serpantine, 1 Gae Bulg, and 4 Dragon Soar for my DPS Dragoon build. It’s good to have it at level 1 at least, since it still provides a base debuff without the attribute.

Yeah, that’s sound better for a pure DPS if the actual information about Gae Bulg is true (Attribute Req Gae lvl 5 and caps on 1). Thanks a lot guys, now i’m gonna wait for Cathexis do a full review on my build if he can and have time for it

The description has been changed. It is now:

Decreases [Strike] damage by 10%, and increases [Pierce] damage by 10% per attribute level of [Synchro Thrusting].

Did this answer your question?

Nope, because that can mean both too xD I mean, does it increase Just the skill damage by 50% of pierce and reduce strike by 50%?

What I mean, if its 50% after your physical attack and skill attack are combined - or even better later on in the damage formula, that would mean it has a pretty good multiplier built in it and the skill is even better then I thought it is.

Synchro Thrusting is a skill that does both Pierce-type and Strike-type damage. Since the attribute’s name is “Pierce”, it basically increases the Pierce damage of the skill, but at the cost of reduced Strike damage.

That’s how I read it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No, this is the point Ive made multiple times actually…

Armor break can be resisted but its unlikely.
its the fact that some enemies cant be afflicted with it, just like some enemies cant bleed.

I also NEVER said that Skyliner gets more dmg then Cleave what i DID say was:

High Skyliner Horse?
You might want to rad the things Ive said again…

Every time i outright stated that Barb was stronger, but the classes were equal in usability…
with different strengths, but my points were disputed by “barb superiority”
and “Skyliner sucks”
so im not sure what you are talking about.
what i disputed was the DMG claim of cleave and Seism which have both been now proven wrong.

Im a girl with a short temper, not gonna lie there. lol

Ive not tested Shinibi but from videos it looks like Kunai is only really strong at point blank when all the Kunai connect on one target.
That said, there are no videos of a Shinobi doing it without buffs so im not really sure.

As for the build, thats entirely up to you and your playstyle
I personally don’t like either on Fencer but I think both will get high damage under the right circumstances on a fencer build.

Its just the space away from your character that skills and attacks will hit.
If its AOE ratio is not listed that means the skill will only hit at point blank directly in front of you.
I had a chart with this info on it, let me see if i can find it when i get off work.

It overall looks pretty good I still the the extra knockdown from bash could help when mobbing but if you dont want it then thats entirely your choice.

For Spear Lunge, the debuff doesn’t scale with skill level, so level 1 is more than enough for every build.
And Throw Spear To add on to what @Relish said its decent but remember to pick up your spear after launching it, its is a pretty nice filler for your damage rotation as long as you use it at melee range.

But overall I think it is better to max Stabbing due to it’s shorter cool-down But if you really prefer the burst DMG of Pierce then again thats your choice, both are good options.

Lastly thought Im going to have to disagreee with @Cathexis on a “Pure STR build” if thats what they recommended.
I feel like every swordie needs at least SOME CON
1 point in CON every 9 or so levels seems to be fine IMO, current endgame enemies hit kinda hard.

As for the Skill allocation of Dragoon, Im not 100% sure on that one.
You might want to refer to @Cathexis’s guide above for more info.

Hoplite Specifically shouldn’t need a tremendous amount of crit thanks to Finestra.
And i would recommend building crit rate from your gear rather then your stats, due to Finestra lowering your evasion, your going to need CON from your stats so its best not to waste points in DEX.

Thats how it works

Hi @xechidna, thanks for the review. I can might change the Pain Barrier to put some levels on Bash. Since the Pain only gives more time of buff.

About stabbing and pierce i think i put the wrong points in the skill, like i inverted LOL, i didn’t saw it and made it 2 times (kill me pls). I’ll just edit it on the post

In the guide have a lot of status alocations recommend’s, if i can, ask how you would build? Like 4:1:2 (STR>CON>DEX)?

Some will disagree but i personally dont think DEX is usful at all on a Hoplite build.
Because Finestra lowers your evasion, and since you are going c3 thats +150 crit rate alone.
I personally think its smarter to build crit rate via your gear rather then stats, on a Hoplite.

As for CON most people go with 1 CON very 7-10 levels.
so its really how much HP you feel comfortable with.

I personally like to have 20k HP but thats not necessary by any means.

Zucken deals double damage to shocked. INT/SPR decrease is most likely flat amount, probably scaling with lvl.

It decreases strike part of damage by 50% and increases pierce part by 50%.

1 Like

I see, i just wanted some extra critical rate. Better i keep my old status allocation or just put it in every 10 levels (or change when i feel more confortable as you said) then, and get the extra with gem’s and stuff. Thanks again for the help

Actually finestra lowers the evasion by a flat amount, and if you won’t get useless(?) attribute that grants +3 range on autos(?), decrease is not too high, so you will still have decent EVA rate in PvE.

But it’s personal preference.

@xechidna when I said damage I meant dps, not raw damage. And yes, I’m convinced you’re wrong on the topic of skyliner vs cleave Other then boss situations. That’s what this argument was about to begin with.

Indeed, but I think the added Block rate increase from Finestra nulls the need for evasion, and block becomes much more reliable then evasion.

Opinions are Opinions, the math is there.
Believe it if you want to believe it, don’t believe it if you don’t want to.

@Derael if i’m not wrong the attribute of finestra gives +3 range in all your attacks, it’s very helpful

@Kaworo
yes It does, while doubling the EVA decrees

also when did i say Finestra or its attribute were useless?
Im talking about building DEX on Hoplite

At lvl 15 thats -78 EVA.

So -78 points of DEX as far as your evasion is concerned.

But +30% block from Finestra and +25% block from Paltasta…
Your certainly going to be blocking A LOT…

Where you could put a lvl 10 green gem on both your main weapon and sheild for a total of +200 crit rate.

I’ll extend the math later including our builds, give me your build for a highlander c3 up to rank 7 with your envisioned stats and I’ll give this a proper look.

You can use any standard stat allocations and builds.
At this point weather you believe it or not, it I dont really care. xD

you should be calculating damage without any extra add on’s though to get an accurate calc of the damage before modifiers are taken into account.