Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

Most bosses end game spawn tons of mobs and are hardly ever alone though and there’s still no ignoring the 400 attack from Frenzy. With Deeds’ increased attack speed stacking 20 Frenzy on a boss is an easy thing.

Not to mention Deed’s of Valor increases your attack % of both Warcry and Frenzy even further.

50% to both at level 5, 100% at level 10. I don’t want to start a discussion about Deed’s at level 10 though being a suicide skill but there’s no ignoring that it doubles the effects of Warcry and Frenzy while for a Highlander it doesn’t.

Umm, I think we were discussing Fencer build here.

Nobody would argue that Barbarian is good with Doppel, as it has a great synergy with DOV.

Just like xechidna said: It is the same Armor Break. The only reason because it is not mentioned much is because it is a Peltasta C3 skill, which is a pretty negative circle to have in your build and not many people go into it.

Oh but it does make sense to specify that. If we take the description literally it says that:

• It will increase the Physical Damage increase effect of [Warcry] by 3 per attribute level (30 in total).
  • The attribute will only apply IF an enemy’s defense has been decreased (the translation could be worded better). This means that casting Warcry alone with no enemies around will not activate this attribute, it will only work if it is used on an enemy whose defense can be decreased.

As you can see, it does serve a purpose specifying that part of the attribute. There is no mention of stacks or anything alike, and regardless of how bad or good the translation is, such a key component of it would not be missing from the description.

1 Like

And its down for 40…
And Warcry is down for 82…

Bleed Scales with STR so if its weak its because you have no STR.

Skyliner is dealing double dmg on a bleeding target so 450 x2 = 900 but Skyliner is 2 hits so 900 + 900 = 1800 (stronger then every skill Barb has)
and it can be done 3 times with its Overheat. for a grand total of 5400 dmg + the bleed dmg…

I agree.

Each jump in DEF is almost double…
im willing to bet we will hit 500 def around at the lvl 300 mark… (20 levels from now)
and around 600 at 380 maybe more honestly looking at how its been growing…

Proof of what?
Your refusal to read the attribute correctly?..
.-.

@Cathexis @Autentist Do you guys have any screen shots of this, Im sure you both tested it as well.

Edit:

Oh well there you go~

2 Likes

I actually think that Highlander is still a amazing choice on Doppel especially if you plan to c2 it but w/e

Sure it is. What I mean, Highlander is clearly better then Barbarian vs bosses if going Fencer, while Barbarian and Highlander are equally good for me when going Doppel C2.

Highlander is for long single target fights
Barb is for Short multi target fights, simple as that.

But Barb can dabble in the boss play a little.
While Highlander has better utility

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Oh. Then I have no opinion on that. I think I mentioned above I’m no Fencer expert but if it comes to Barbarian skills I can shine some light to them. I was replying to someone claiming Highlander being the better build compared to Barbarian and I’m assuming both Highlander C3 and Barbarian C3 usually build into Doppelsold.

For Fencer I’d imagine both are viable.

I agree.

Lasts 50 seconds so it’s up again after 40 seconds of wait.

1 str is 1 bleed afaik.

Seism for instance already has 1752 flat damage, hits 5 targets even with 0 AoE (Swords have 4 AoE by default and most 2H swords come with +1 so 10 targets at minimum) and it deals 3x hits each 50% off of the first hit meaning 1752 + 876 + 438 and if you have Warcry + Frenzy (530) added to the base that’s 2282 + 1141 + 570 and if Seism initial attack crits the subsequent hits will scale from that critical. Overcharge of 2.

Cleave deals 300% damage on stunned but I won’t go into that. Cleave easily crits in the 10,000’s but the drawback is that bosses cannot be stunned, but my point was bosses are never an issue and usually the easiest part of the entire dungeon.

Is it wrong to want confirmation? So far no one has been able to provide, not even you.

Highlander is a debuffer, not a hard hitter. Skyliner spammers will be rolling in the tears once they hit all their cooldowns with nothing to show for it.

Barbarian is the hard hitter of the two and works better for anyone wanting to be a Doppelsold. Deed’s has great synergy with Warcry and Frenzy while for a High I can’t even.

I’ve also noticed some bosses simply just curing the debuff from themselves at random. Depends on the boss.

Hey there Cathexis, sorry to bother you once more, but I have another question. This time on stat distributions.

When you say STR 3:1 DEX for a High Str build for example, does that only apply to stats you allocate on level ups, or do you happen to mean we should try and fit the ratio exactly? For example taking items and bonuses into account. I know Swordsman get bonus str for example.

Another question is about how viable it would be to go High Str on a Fencer. I asked about a rather unorthodox Hoplite Fencer build, and with your help worked it out to Sword>Pelt>Hop2>Corsair>Fencer2. I noticed that with Hoplite 2, a high str build would be more recommended over a High Dex build. But the Fencer class favors High Dex. What would you recommend?

For my Sword>Pelt>Hop>Cat>Squrec3 an All-around stat distribution looks like the way to go.

If you have time let me know what you think! Thanks again.

even skyliner nerfed, highlander is still strong. i guess i will choose this build if i am going for doppel.

swordman c1 highlander c2 peltasta c1 corsair c1 doppel c2

reason no barbarian because most of the skills are with high cd and highlander gives critical attack + 50%.

1 Like

With Skull swing being up again in 10 seconds…

it SCALES with STR but bleed has a base dmg, herp derp~

i was told it was double dmg but w/e, that’s not even how the crit formula works! xD…
300% is going to be about 4k dmg + your STR so at most 4.5k not 10k…

@Cathexis Can correct me if Im wrong but as far as i know, thats not how it works… the total DMG of all 3 hits is calculated in the Base dmg for Seism

How exactly is the 15s a problem?..

Even with a 15 second CD thats still LESS time then:
Cleave: 21s
Helm Chopper: 24s
Seism: 22s
Pouncing: 81s (THE FUQ!? xD…)
Giant Swing: 120s (THE DOUBLE FUQ!? xD…)\

While dealing more DMG then ALL of these, spare Pouncing if you connect more then 2 hits

1 Like

Lol. If you think Seism doesn’t take into account Physical Attack I’m done talking here. Have a nice day.

Not crit. Cleave deals 300% damage to a stunned mob, triple. It also gives 50 crit rating so it makes for a good opener and helps on bosses.

Yes it scales by 1 str being 1 bleed afaik. Could be more, but it isn’t significant damage at all.

Tosbase or tos.neet don’t say how long the Armor Break lasts. Could be nice if you added actual info to your posts.

What’s with the constant “xD” spam like you’re 12 years old? No one levels Pouncing or Giant Swing, they’re both pretty terrible. However Pouncing has its’ moments but I’m done talking to you.

30 seconds at lvl 5 on bosses/players.

1 Like

barbarian c2 is still weak at end game for me. may be barbarian c3 is required, i don’t know. but can barbarian c3 falls off after lv280, that is the question.

Shouldent have replied then~

Almost every skill in Swordie tree scales on physical attack, the f***k you talking about O.o
I never said it didn’t…

300% is x3 dmg…

Unless the 300x is applied after crit in the DMG calc (which is unlikely)
Thats STILL only about 6k DMG NOWHERE NEAR 10k…

And it would be nice if you would READ the guide your posting in…
But as usual i must do that for you…

Not enough proof for you you say!?

(too lazy to crop it, so enjoy my tabs of death!)

i did it 2 times, and its an emote, do you even interwebz?.. O_o

Really, what exactly am I ill knowledgeable on?
A few minor tidbits of unlisted info?
yes us humans miss things every here and again.

1 Like

A lot of people have been saying that lately, but I went Highlander in KTOS, so Im not sure.
I guess we will see once the game hits OBT (unless someone lvls a Barb at the speed of lightning to lvl 280, on the 29th)