[Guide/Review] The Magic Behind Time Control by Matt :3

pyro1 u waste a rank late game.
pyro2 gets you easily to lvl 120 or so then starts to fall off
pyro3 gets you to lvl 200 then starts to fall off

you need linker 1/2 100% if u go pyro 3
remember link1 5 link, link2 8 link
so link2 gives max of .375 or 37.5% more dps if u want that

for the nerf, what hurts is not the CD but the bind duration
it takes time to tick the fireball, and u are pretty close to the mob when u bind it, so when they move u take a bunch of dmg, as you will have to focus more on con instead of int.

also, i think mobs that are linked, but not directly hit by fireball take less dmg than those that are linked and directly hit by fireball. there is still some multiplier going on. so, im just afraid of killing some linked mobs, breaking the link, then the rest of the mobs are alive, you’re skills on CD= inefficient mobbing.

at link2 you have 3 sec of bind, which is about only 5-6 fireball ticks.

Not very far past rank 5, so I’ve yet to see if pyro3 + Pass will actually give the decent numbers I’m looking for.

The difference in dps from c2 to c3 comes almost exclusively from fireball 15, which is amazing solo and meh in parties. Listen, its possible to make fireball 15x2 work with smart party -even without linker. And when it works it really works. But you need to work as a team. Oh, and swordsmen will be swordsmen lol.

The other thing I’m doing is taking firewall to higher levels at c3 as it seems to scale well once it has a high hit count (each wall cell has a seperate count from what I’ve gathered). 45 sec cd sucks for a skill you have to invest a lot of points into…hoping Pass will mitigate that.

Flame ground I leave at lv10. No effect on hit count, already has 0 downtime, and skill dmg isn’t as important as base damage seeing as its a rank 2 skill.

Hope that helps!

@WorldisMine I’ve actually found that linker isnt as necessary as I once thought it would be. Having played the previous version of linker it felt like it was good. Now, its been nerfed to the ground and has some wonky issues with JP. I don’t agree anymore with linker being a 100% thing. Especially solo. Remember pyro isn’t a single target class; if you aren’t pulling 5 or 6 mobs at once into your fire spells you’re doing it wrong. Plus linker is inferior on bossing. Anyway thats my 2 cents having actually played pyro3 now. I still think linker is a good class…and shouldnt be nerfed anymore. pls.

the situation in icbt2 is different than the situation now.
right now we have lvl 280 cap, obt so continued lvl cap, rank7, nerfs/buffs

icbt2 pyro2/3 linker2/3 was great, possibly the best class ever.
now for obt, late end game builds will start shining

but that aside, pyro is just bad. C rank class.
Pyro3 we have a total of 7 skills, (other circle 3 usually have 8)
3/7 skills are actually good. Fireball, flame ground, fire pillar.
enchant fire is okay. firewall is ok, needs high investment.
fire pillar is 2 min CD. so your bread and butter skills are just fireball and flame ground. flame ground can only hit ground units. fireball can get kicked.

there’s so many problems with this class after lvl 200. i remember being happy before then, and then being outscaled by other classes.
basically the entire skill set is like energy bolt.

imo just go pyro2 for early game dmg, and then switch to being more support oriented. if you really have to be a pyro.

Then again, pyro is the only solid dps option available for those planning to go chrono3. Hands down the best for soloing early content and quests gotta admit right? I was actually planning for wiz3>chrono3>[insert future dps]3 then decided it wasn’t worth the commitment at this point in the game. Not everyone is content being stuck in the freezer either!

I acknowledge the potential for pyro to fall off terribly later.

Even with Pass doubling your damage output and having an insane amount of (base damage) hit counts to work with. I’m not going anywhere so I’ll look forward to reporting how pyro3>chrono3 fares come rank 7.

i made a wiz3.
the buffed magic missle is amazing, it carries far.

pyro doesn’t synergize with chrono but with linker.
cyro3 has more synergism with chrono and can carry late game due to not being dps reliant and more cc reliant.

personally i prefer a build that is strongest end game, especially since getting to end game takes only 1-3 months

i was a fan of pyro, i thought it was the best class ever. then it started to have so many negative aspects it was frustrating to play. especially since i went sorc necro with no link.

if you just want something that carries u to 4th rank, go pyro2, take 1 linker.
the extra skill of hells breath is garbage. you’re only increasing fireball’s dmg by 33% and flame pillar’s size.

Thanks for the feedback. The thing is I wanted to roll c3 Linker support before the nerf. Link 1 > Chrono 3 with a mix of Pyro seemed like a good compromise. I’m still waiting for confirmation of JP damage threshold nerf -it might have been just a lag on overcrowded channel.

I’m not entirely sold on the Slow Lord Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 gameplay.

1 Like

Was there something frustrating about the Pyro in particular other than low damage? I though it was suppose to be a filler dps circle -not main source of it- for a support builds or summoners, since you can squeeze only Pyro/Cryo at this rank.

So, is Author’s build still viable?

IMHO: it will shine in PVP, especially mass pvp but it will be hard to play solo cause your only real dmg skill is Fireball.

Linker in PvP is actually crap. All it can do in pvp is to force people to separate, when you’re not supposed to be sticking together in arena anyway. Hangman’s CC duration is too short to make a difference & the opponent can still attack so its not really reliable. My build as a whole is still viable because of Chronomancer & Pyromancer working well in PvP. All I need is Stop, Flame Ground and Popcorn emote.

Despite the Linker nerf, its purpose in party PvE is still around the same. It will hurt to solo now but not as bad as Cryo 3 since you have damage to back you up. It’s hard to solo in high leve

About linker in pvp: You said ground aoes work during timestop.
Wouldn’t
" joint penalty -> hangman (to get them all together) -> immediately timestop -> bombard timestopped enemy party with ground aoes "
a stupidly strong combo to wipe out enemy groups? The reduced hangman root duration wouldn’t be that bad if you do timestop immediately afterwards.

Also curious : You wrote this guide based on iCBT2.
Is timestop still working with all the aoes you listed in your google doc?

I’m currently Wiz1>pyro1>Linker1 and can’t decide between

1. Wiz1>Pyro1>Linker1>Linker2>Chrono1>Chrono2>Chrono3 (low dps, full party support with JT10, pass and spiritual chain)
  2. Wiz1>Pyro1>Linker1>Pyro2>Chrono1>Chrono2>Chrono3 (mid dps, good party support with pass but only JT1 and no spiritual chain)
  3. Wiz1>Pyro1>Linker1>Linker2>Chrono1>Chrono2>Warlock1 (mid dps, got spiritual chain and JT2 and warlock aoes, but no pass)
  4. Wiz1>Pyro1>Linker1>Pyro2>Chrono1>Chrono2>Warlock1 (highest dps choice out of the four (pyro2 and warlock1), only JT1, no spiritual chain, no pass)

This is my first char, so i don’t know how viable these class combos are at endgame.

Yea it still works. I can use Incinerate to murder people in Stop in kToS. Unless its different in the international server, it should still work. The thing is, PvP will probably be plagued with… Plague Doctors & Oracles so Stop won’t be so effective.

From your builds, Build 1 is more effective and last longer at endgame because Chrono 3 and more links from Linker 2.

Alright, thank you :slight_smile:

I really like the idea, the support and the CC provided by Chrono so I was wondering if adding some Kino Ranks wouldn’t be great, specially in PvP.

Something like: Wiz > Pyro > Kino C3 > Chrono C2.

Every PD / Oracle will be running away from us and the Kino’s ranks will be adding some damage output as well as nice CC chains.

This is something or it’s just better to continue with the Linker’s Ranks because of JP / HK / Chrono C3 (that Pass skill though)?

If I were you, I’d rather go KinoC2 > Chrono C3.
As a Pyrokino, you already have a very nice combo for your DPS (even more with Stop). Sure, you’ll miss KinoC3 skills but you’ll still have TK and the Chrono CC skills.
And you want Pass !

What he said. That’s the build I’m going with right now instead of my icbt2 build.

And what’s the skill build you wanna play with?

Should we take Cryo over Pyro for Ice Wall + PP combo?

Nopihina, you mention in the google docs that Flare works on stopped targets.
What are some good ways to proc burning/make things qualify for flare?

Hello I would like to ask for suggestion on equipment for chronomancer. Currently at 175 Rank 6.

• Headgear Enchants
  • Top Armor
  • Bottom Armor
  • Staff / Rod
  • Shield / Dagger
  • Shoes
  • Necklace
  • Bracelets

thanks in advance

1 Like

I want suggestions too :slight_smile:

yeah, I guess we have to wait for those who were experienced to answer our question :3