Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide/Review] The Magic Behind Time Control by Matt :3

Hei thats a good point for c3 chronomancer, but if i take c3 chronomancer, my char will become full support isnt it? Might do that in international server but not in ktos, decision decision.

Kind of. You have Pyro C1 so that you can at least deal some damage. kToS is kinda a testing ground for us international server peeps :sweat_smile:. For sure Rank 8 will come sooner or later so you can take Warlock at that rank instead. But if you really want the deeps so that you can solo at least, Chrono C2 is enough. What defines Chrono is Quicken and Haste after all :grin:. Who knows, maybe future Rank 8 wizard classes can do a better job in support than Chrono.

What do you think of wiz>pyro3>chrono3, i think this built will worth to try

Great DPS and Support. Bossing will definitely be easier when soloing but mobbing will be a bit harder since there’s no linker in there. I’d say that build is very good in PvE. I don’t know if that’s really good in PvP & Guild War though since your utilities are lowered to compensate the higher DPS. It would be harder to catch your opponent but once you do catch them with sleep/stop/whatever CC your teammate has, it’s **** time.

The pro is that you have higher DPS. The con is that you are more dependent on your party members in mobbing/pvp

Slight necro but it’s a guide and a good one at that so thank you! I made a few changes to my build because of this guide, good stuff.

If I’m recalling correctly what others have said (you probably already know this woops), backmasking revives allies. I don’t know how well that goes with the monsters that killed them in the first place also backmasked but I had previously considered chrono3 just for that (and more points in haste ooo hooo haste)

Nono its fine. Everyone in this forums necros anyway hahahaha. I heard that backmasking only work when you have low ping, just like quicken(:unamused:) .

Even if it works, I would just place 1 point into it since every level only increases its radius. I’d rather get up close and personal to use the skill than sacrificing points that could have been on haste(bae) or quicken.

bump bump bump mr op man i wanna know if this would work

I wanna build a auto attack chronomancer.

Cafrisun set + Arde dagger + Enchant Fire + Toy Hammer (and sacrament/blessing scrolls)

Wiz > PyroC3 > ChronoC3

or would adding Linker into the mix be better?

Wiz > Pyro > Linker > Pyro > ChronoC3

Wiz > Pyro > LinkerC2 > ChronoC3

please help me!

Linker C2.

For the auto-attack you don’t need pyro over C1 as level 5 enchant fire is good already.

This would be a mainly supportive build with a single attack mode for playing solo, which linking mobs should not be so bad.

For parties people will die to get you, literally, you can make one of the biggest differences is party playing of the whole game.

If you want an auto-attack build, I suggest adding 1 circle of thauma at least since their buffs increases the dmg of their AA and all its lines.

I suggest wiz > pyro > linker > thauma > chrono c3

Hello!
Is Cryomancer a good alternative for this build instead of Pyro? Not looking to solo much if at all, but for partnering up with a melee swordsman class.
Still debating on whether I should go Cryo or Pyro…:frowning:
Cryo sounds fun with creating Ice Walls and stuff, Pyro sounds more direct and practical with damage buff and extra damage.

Also for Chrono c3, is a max Slow more important than a max Quicken?
Especially now that Hangman’s Knot lost all its CC effectiveness with its 2 second duration, I’d like Slow to completely root enemies after I lump them together.

You wont always need maxed slow in PvE considering enemy movement speed is usually decently lower than our 30 (+token). The cooldown for Slow is more than 10 seconds higher than HK. Thus its a little unyeildy as a substitute for the nerfed bind in parties.

@Godhand lot of mobs already have pretty low m.speed; lv10 (-23) is enough to root for general PvE right? Not sure. Could be totally wrong…being able to dash as a swordie will spoil you haha

1 Like

Mages can use hammers?

yes they can use hammers so can warrior

1 Like

Nice Guide!

Although I would just like to ask why the Linker C2 as I only see more maximum links for JP and 1 sec more CC from HK (sorry if I’m mistaken, but if I’m could you explain me why? :slight_smile: ).

Is Spiritual Chain worthwhile the C2 all by himself or it’s because these levels in the other 2 skills?

May I suggest going Elementalist rank 4 for the Stone Curse (one more CC to help the cooldowns rotations) + better overall damage output instead?

Wiz 1 > Pyro 1 > Linker 1 > Elem 1 > Chrono 2.

And for Rank 7 I guess Chrono 3 it’s the best option considering the path we’re going through (CC Support Mage) as Pass have so much utility both PvE/PvP and Backmasking seems to be pretty fun as well.

What’s your thoughts? :relaxed:

You have to understand that this is a review of my character from iCBT2. This means that Hangman’s Knot duration was 10s at lvl 10. It’s insanely op last time. More maximum links for JP means more mobs to kill and more exp. What’s not there to like? Even if Hangman’s Knot is kinda dumb right now, it still has it uses but the main reason you’ll go Linker 2 these days is for higher lvl JP and Spiritual Chain. 1 more extra second in HK is just a bonus.

You are never going to solo in this game ever unless you love to suffer so much lol. Hence Spiritual Chain is really helpful to share pretty pretty buffs like Beak Mask and others.

Only 1 rank of elementalist? Good luck tbh. Stone Curse is not reliable as a CC since it takes time to use & most of elem’s skills are useless at circle 1. If you want more CC for cooldown rotations, you’d rather be a Cryomancer.

I’d rate that build 4/10 overall. Not effective in pvp and okay in pve since chrono 3. Sorry.

hi there, really like your build, im hoping to follow it for my first character,

i was wondering if i should go with plate armor or cloth armor, my support wiz is full CON

Hello there! With the recent nerfs to Linker, the benefit of going for Linker c2 seems to be just Spiritual Chains. Do you think that going for Pyrco c2 instead could benefit the build more?

Thanks in advance!

For those concerned with the recent linker issues, I decided to go c3 pyro instead of pyro>linker for my chronoburn build.

The damage output from fireball 15 and flame ground is enough to level comfortably through chrono ranks (so far). The stacking multi hit from several persistent spells is nicer than expected. Hitstun on bosses is awesome, can’t wait for x60 hits from fireballs and double flame ground.

1 Like

Awesome guide. With Hangman’s knot being nerfed, would a Wiz->Pyro->Pyro->Linker->Chrono3 be better?

Would you say there was a huge difference between Pyro c2 and c3 in terms of damage? I was toying with the idea of Chrono alt, but with c1 Linker mixed in. Btw, what’s your current level?