Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] In-Depth Explanation and Discussion of Swordsman Builds - by Autentist

Also, cosair’s iron hook can be used while mounted? And plague doctor anti CC buff only works with status ailment, not with things like knock down, grab?

Since I decided to become a pure pvp Dragoon (sw3>cata3>drag) I have only one question, Is Gung Ho’s attribute works with pure pvp Drag.

@Autentist

“ST spam is better in a long run, Because it allows for more rotation and can be also used while your other skills are on cooldown. Stabbing is better than Pierce. Gae I advise for PvP. Reasons - above, in the Q&A section. And yes, it’s another Weapon Throw skill, why would you need two? Pierce is not really a multihit, it just multiplies the damage, depending on the enemy. Dragoontooth is a true multihit and hits five times.”

How much is damage reduction if you don’t pick up your weapon after ST? Was thinking of investing more in pierce than ST because of this.

Im doing this buid made it by my self and im doing crit and damage with a little bit hp an sp regen.

Hi @Autentist

I really like your Dual-wield Dragoon Hoplite version build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/34v86ycayr/.

I just have a few questions:

Could you explain why 4:2:1 Str:con:dex is your stat-build choice for this skill tree? TBH I’m thinking about more str and less of con and dex. BTW, I’m playing with a group of friends, and I’m the only melee character in the group (going off tank a little but TBH I’d like to deal more damage, also never played kToS and OB)

1. If I were to get Gae bulg, which skill should I take the points from? (maybe Dragontooth?)

2. Which skills should I take points off from, if going PvP, in Corsair skills?
    Like, take Hook lvl5 and Keel lvl5 take off points from…Dustdevil?

Sorry if you’ve already answered these questions, somewhere, above… LOL

Thanks and keep up all the good work!

Hello @Autentist
Gread guide, thank you!
It’s essetinal for me to know, does fencer as a class have problems with AOE?
I really like fencer concept and wanna make Swordsman > Highlander > Highlander > Highlander > Corsair > Fencer > Fencer, but can I have problems with packs of mobs and grindig in general because lack of AOE?

@Autentist
I’ll be doing the first build, but I wanna know more about stats and why of them, also, as a very newbie to the game, I should use 2H sword in early game and 2H spear on end game?

Thank you for sharing your valuable knowledge, you have my gratefulness.

@Autentist
Great guide you have there, it was very helpful.

Any thoughts on Shinobi?

I theory-crafted a build with cloth armor (for magic resistance) and a DEX-centric (for evasion) build to minimise the damage taken during Bunshin. STR is added to some degree of course (maybe 2:1 DEX/STR?) but the evasion and critical from DEX are going to be the key factors.

I’m nowhere near experienced enough to come out with a new build but I think the above build could work. Any thoughts?

EDIT: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/z89vz8q6sk/ <- using this build as base.

I have been reading your guide and this post

@Autentist

I had decided to go Swordman c3 - Highlander c1 - corsair c1 - doppel c2

But now im hesitating i’m in the level range 30-40 at the moment and Swordman c2.

I’m scared Swordman c3 will put me too far behind in PvE in terms of damage, i dont wanna be the crippled kid that needs a party to survive lol.( gung ho falls off late game)

I’m aware i wont be able to tank and ill have to reroll another swordman to assume a tanking position. I just wanna know how well they do in PvE.

Feel free to refer me to another build that has corsair in it because i dont wanna pass on the hook for PvP.

Also if you have a good Tank/PvP/decent farming build id be very interested.

Hello Autentist! So I basically want to know especially from those experienced players like you~ Which is more viable for a Templar that would also act as my main class. Something like a class that I can deal damage and not suffer because I went to the Templar circle. Also easier to farm mobs for silver (a.k.a Jolly Roger) PvP is not an option to me so do not worry about that.

Also I have heard that plate armor is the go to armor for swordsman but would leather be viable since we are in a high dex build? Although that might decrease mhp and open up some serious rape from Magic mobs. Any thoughts on this?

Proposed Build
Swordsman>Peltasta>Barb2>Corsair2>Templar
OR
Swordsman>Peltasta>Barb3>Fencer>Templar

Or should something that involves highlander/barb and doppel c1 better?

Stat builds would be appreciated~ (however i feel 1:3 Dex is what i would be rolling for. If you have a better suggestion, dont hesitate)

Thank you in advance! =D
P.S. Really really appreciate if you could give me a proper technical reply for me to better understand this game. Can’t express my gratitude enough. ^w^

1 Like

@Autentist Or anyone else who can give me input.
I need some guidance before I test out a certain different build.

This build is essentially DPS, with a Corsair mixed in for a little more money-making/farming potential. However, I’m far from experienced with spears and how Hoplites are built, so I wanted to ask if I’m doing it right.

I envision a build to rival 2H swords, since I already had my fun with 2H swords and wanted a newer take on going at things. Spear Corsair seems pretty fun.

@Autentist

When you say build stats like 4:2:1

Do you mean I alternate putting stats into them like that?

Like put 4 points in Str then 2 in Con then 1 in Dex?

Or do you mean make it so my stats end up in that Proportion? 40 Str 20 con 10 Dex etc etc?

As long as they end up that way around end game you will be fine. In the early levels you really don’t need much con. and Dex gives a much bigger boost at low levels then it does High, So it doesn’t hurt to get some more dex early on and then stop later. Place Con as its needed until end game and then make sure it matches up.

will Doppel C2 weak compare to dragoon ?

You put first 4 in STR then 2 In CON then 1 in DEX after that, restart the process

Ok thanks guess ill need to fix my stats. good thing im only low lv since I used the Proportional system to go 412 on my Hoplite

I think some people are avoiding doppel c2 because Deeds will be harder to use at 10, but hey you can just leave it at 5.

I wish we could see what Doppel c3 provides

Will doppel c2’s dps be much lower than dragoon?

I’m very sorry for the delay, been pretty busy with the game and real life lately.

I will answer all questions shortly, while adding Shinobi guide to the list.

2 Likes